07/04/17 - Prague, CZ - Letnany Airport

alfierose

8 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

I'll be seeing Guns N' Roses for the third time in a few days. I saw them in 2006 and 2010. I'm not trying to be a negative nancy but vocals are shit on so many songs. Is it just me? I'm hoping it will sound better at the show. Axl sounded awesome in both shows I've seen so far.

He's really slacking off. It's so ironic people bithed about his vocals for years but now he's getting praise just becasue they're playing stadiums and Slash is there. I haven't listened all the songs but from what I have I think he's singing like 2011-2013, worse at times, and worse than 2014. I may be wrong.

I don't want to bitch, just wanted to share my opinion. Some of the vocals are really not up to standards. It's not how you sing those song. And it's not just about rasp either, it's the whole deal. It's so whiny and weak.

I don't know, we'll see at the show.

He is very inconsistent. He will amaze you at some points and others not so much.. The good thing is that the songs he struggles on like Sweet Child, Slash is there to pick up the slack. And yes it will sound better in person with the crowd singing along and a couple beers.. Enjoy! I thought he sounded like shit a good amount of the time at the Vegas show and it was still fun.  He has improved a ton since then. You will have a blast \m/

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

You'll be shocked by how good it is. I felt similar way before the show. Now, I'm totally converted ;)

Really great to hear. I've always thought YouTube doesn't give Axl justice. But I still hear such immense power in his voice even when listening YouTube videos of the shows I've been to (Milano 2006, Zagreb 2010). Hoping for a good show in Vienna and I'm holding you to your words. :)

Edited by Sisyphus

Just now, Sisyphus said:

Really great to hear. I've always thought YouTube doesn't give Axl justice. But I still hear the power in his voice even when listeing to YouTube videos of the shows I've been to. Hoping for a good show in Viena and I'm holding you to your words. :)

I really was critical and even wanted to sell the ticket. Didn't do that only because it's the reunion tour, possibly one in a lifetime chance etc. but I was convinced I won't go ever again until new music or something. Half through the show I dreamed of nothing more than to be able to follow them for the rest of the NITL. :lol:

Of course his voice is different and he doesn't use that much rasp but the cleaner voice is much better sounding, much stronger and much less falsetto-like nad polished than on the videos and it is generally really good. Also it is not as clean as it sounds on the videos. I was trying to listen for the weak moments and maybe there were a few that lasted seconds that you could actually hear. The rest was still top quality.

Some of these mythical posts about Axls voice sounding better in person that on video are just that...myth.  The reason you don't notice it is bc on a video you can rewind, listen again, focus in on it, etc.  the videos do not lie, that is how he fucking sounds.

But at a show you aren't totally focused on it, you're watching slash play or 4tus windmill like a douche or frank fuck some shit up or Duff just doing his thing or Melissa bouncing up and down doing whatever she do.....and you've probably had a few pops and people around you are singing....so it's just way less noticeable.

Then when you take time to focus in on Axl alone, he does sound great...at times.  At other times, not so much.  But the videos don't lie, people who say that wear Rose colored glasses and drink red Kool Aid.

• Like 1

I agree. The live experience is fucking great. Worth every penny. I went to the Buenos Aires gigs (both nights), and even Axl being weak, the band delivered. Yeah, YouTube doesnt lie (i dont know who started to spread that shit here) but the show is totally worth. I'ts fucking amazing. 

• Like 1

This video seems to be taking vocals from a raw hot mic, so not a lot of crowd, reverb, and cheap microphone effect. Provides some meaningful insight to how good his voice actually is imho, except for maybe the first line (not counting the badass intro)

3 minutes ago, gjrip said:

This video seems to be taking vocals from a raw hot mic, so not a lot of crowd, reverb, and cheap microphone effect. Provides some meaningful insight to how good his voice actually is imho, except for maybe the first line (not counting the badass intro)

He always sounds good on Jungle dude... same with Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me...

3 minutes ago, gjrip said:

He always sounds good on Jungle...usually great.  The true lithmis tests are Rocket Queen or You Could Be Mine.

• Like 2

I cant imagine the HUGE letdown people will have when they hear Axl on the Rock in Rio livestream... until that moment we will still have to deal with the "videos from phones with cheap mics dont capture how Axl sounds live" bullshit.

And YES, the show is amazing. I went to see them two times last year.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

3 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

He always sounds good on Jungle dude... same with Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me...

I would agree until I heard Out Ta Get Me from the other night.. That is one song I can always count on not disappointing but he didn't sound so hot at all. Can't win them all. Hopefully just a bad night. 

On 5.7.2017 at 6:21 PM, Kelmi said:

This show beat the shit out of the Hämeenlinna show.

First of all.. what a venue and organisation! 5/5 thanks for the organizators. We didnt need to lineup to concert.. it was very smooth and fast (came 16.00) and beer was dirt cheap and it was easy to get it.. it was a great party because of that.

I was standing in the center 20 rows from stage.. awesome sound and views. We were partying with some Czech fans.. singing and partying like crazy. 

Audience was soooo into it.. and it showed in bands performance. It was so much chilled and relaxed show than Finland. They were smiling and joking.

Amazing show! Black Hole Sun was mesmerzing. YCBM was a highlight.

Thank you Guns N Roses!

Hämeenlinna was better.

I rest my case

33 minutes ago, killuridols said:

DUFF!!! :wow:

:drool::drool::drool:

hehehe that was fun to figure out the hotel. I should work for Sherlock Holmes :ph34r:

You need to find their hotel in Paris and Vienna as well. Just for the fun of it of course :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I hope this is the right thread for a Prague show review :smiley-confused2:.

First of all, a huge thank you to @Sekh-met, @Hejanne, @hair of the dog, @Amir, @Kelmi and others for a great time. You guys rocked :headbang:

When you were walking the streets of Prague it was hard to ignore something GNR related was going on....many people in GNR shirts everywhere. Alright, now to the show. I got to the venue at 11:30, right on time to hear the soundcheck. People were already waiting at the gates and when Axl started singing they all were applauding and screaming. It was so funny. 

The gates opened at 3pm and as all the people were pushing each other, one lovely guy knocked me down, so I ripped my jeans a bit and hurt my knee….but I got up asap and ran to the venue (checked my injury later). I had a great spot, together with Hejanne. As I call it…Axl’s side…;)

The show was absolutely amazing, from the first note until the end. Great sound, at least where I was standing. I wasn't there to take notes of every hits and misses because the band gave us more than 3 hours of great music so I really don't care if Slash fucked up some notes or Axl sang certain parts of the songs worse than he had done in London/München/Houston/etc...

Since a lot of things have been already said, I'm going to write some random moments I remember and a couple of words about the band:

-:axl92:: Gotta love that guy. I saw him last year with ACDC, which was really great, but you can tell that GNR is HIS band and he really gave it all, he was all over the place...running, dancing, jumping, screaming, hardly leaving the stage (only for clothes changing), it was great seeing him at the back dancing during Coma or Slash's Estranged solos, he felt every note the band played...his stage presence and charisma is ginormous...he gets you, like it or not :wub:

-:slash:: His guitar skills are fascinating, he takes you to his own little world when he's playing the guitar...the world where everything is alright :heart:. He was also running and jumping a lot giving us eargasm while doing what he knows the best...being a guitar god. 

-:duff:: Must be the coolest guy ever. He doesn't need to run or jump like a madman (oh hello, Axl and Slash :rofl-lol:) and still gets your attention. This is something Richard lacks. Was great to see Duff "communicating" with the audience. I hope he remembers playing in Prague this time. :max:

-the rest of the band was fine, I didn't pay that much attention to them, since the Big Three didn't let me take my eyes off them. :ph34r:

-it's obvious that Axl is really happy to have Slash back, he was looking at him a lot, smiling at him, listening to his guitar, dancing to it and joking around...I also noticed Slash smiling back at him, which warmed my cold Czech heart 

-Axl introducing a song (UTLH) and catching Slash not paying attention at all ("And Slash goes: 'Huh?'") :rofl-lol:

-Axl joking with Gio (I think @Hejanne took a video of the moment)..."I gotta do what Gio says or he'll kick my ass"

-the best setlist to far: UTLH, My Michelle and Yestardays plus 6 songs encore

-Only Women Bleed....it was a huge surprise, I didn't fully realize it at the moment since it was something I hadn't expected at all...and Axl sounded just the way he did back in 92

-Axl acknowledged a banner we'd made with @Hejanne and pointed at us during KOHD :dance:

O1ZTnjq.jpg

-Czech beer placement during November rain....widely applauded by the audience :headbang:

After the show I went to their hotel (thanks @killuridols for helping me to find it) where we got to meet Slash. He signed my ticket and told me "see you soon". Loooooool. Maybe he knows :ph34r:

To sum up, great days in Prague with the band and forum members. Thank you and see you in Vienna :headbang:

Here are some of my pics:

Image may contain: 1 person, guitar, night and outdoor

19702463_10209794226716688_5553917474254509331_n.jpg?oh=1f6b44a2dc5fe6f14410e5281e1ac1f1&oe=59CC95D1

19732115_10209794216516433_1172419544163295835_n.jpg?oh=e0ccb4a58220483336f94265b16ffcd0&oe=5A00279B

19702046_10209794220596535_3894833630198717469_n.jpg?oh=365640aa4612865db5b0202f5e2b6d0f&oe=59C70B20

19905023_10209794199596010_7101365544176772895_n.jpg?oh=01e5e7d0eaf99f779bc9d5f87398dac4&oe=59D765C5

19665492_10209794212396330_5526742305709651706_n.jpg?oh=3b21d28d99194022283eea93a4fdc9e3&oe=5A02E1CC

19732216_10209794198875992_1151555655935196534_n.jpg?oh=51f8118d33ee38ac9b9486a26dd2ca3a&oe=5A0E52CA

19748679_10209794206316178_8815433218055709938_n.jpg?oh=3d4676e014c68ba6e65f65f8169f5d9b&oe=59CDDA09

19732347_10209794196035921_9050506793938844042_n.jpg?oh=d85fe9ad629011710bda9cb82e95ac85&oe=59C9D899

19748787_10209794197195950_5924375611513173094_n.jpg?oh=1cc178cb52e549842cc6375b8c84f709&oe=59CFACAB

Out of likes, sorry, but,:axl92::headbang::bitchfight:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Litti said:

Hämeenlinna was better.

I rest my case

I think he meant that the crowd was better and it affected the band's performance in a positive way ... made them more relaxed etc. (and obviously this is the case, even if the part of the audience where I was in at Hämeenlinna gig, was ok). 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

I was fucking pumped and hyped for the show. Having seen Guns in 2010 in Vienna with that killer voice, the bar was set pretty high. So in the end it was "just" a good show for me, as I didn't really like the clean singing and pressed vocals at some points. Maybe a medical issue, I don't know. The cool thing was the awesome set list and Axls smiles throughout the whole show. Never saw that before. Also he took a bow before the audience after every song. Slash was awesome, but hell Richard is a fucking great player as well. Maybe better than Slash from the technical side. Loved them both equally. Great to see Duff, one cool mofo. Loved the rest of the band as well, Melissas background vocals are pretty cool, Frank is a great drummer imo and I can't say anything bad about a piano player, as I love the piano, Dizzy is great!

Hope to see them again, hopefully indoor and with a return to form on the vocal side. Thinking about Vegas....^^

• Like 4

3 hours ago, slammerjam said:

I was fucking pumped and hyped for the show. Having seen Guns in 2010 in Vienna with that killer voice, the bar was set pretty high. So in the end it was "just" a good show for me, as I didn't really like the clean singing and pressed vocals at some points. Maybe a medical issue, I don't know. The cool thing was the awesome set list and Axls smiles throughout the whole show. Never saw that before. Also he took a bow before the audience after every song. Slash was awesome, but hell Richard is a fucking great player as well. Maybe better than Slash from the technical side. Loved them both equally. Great to see Duff, one cool mofo. Loved the rest of the band as well, Melissas background vocals are pretty cool, Frank is a great drummer imo and I can't say anything bad about a piano player, as I love the piano, Dizzy is great!

Hope to see them again, hopefully indoor and with a return to form on the vocal side. Thinking about Vegas....^^

@slammerjam hi, we met in Prague when we lined up, I was the Girl from Vienna asking you how your forumname was :lol:. So where did you make it? Did you have a good Position? I was in front of Duff's spot, front row. your friend from Altöttingen who is not in the Forum said he will be in Vienna as well on Monday. Cheers.

Ahh I remember :D We weren't front row, had like 7-8 rows to the front and 5-6 to the catwalk, as the entrance was chaotic and not really good organized in my opinion. But we got a pretty good view of everything, whole stage in our view and at the height of the catwalk, so we could pretend that Axl, Slash or Duff are smiling directly at us :P I think you mean the guy who went to Munich and Hannover already? We met during lining up, I thought you two were there together :D  So yeah I hope you will have fun on Monday! Personally I need a little distance from everything right now, but I bet it will be fun for those attending. 

I got so many laughs about Axl and Slash laughed a bunch - they are brothers in a band that is still the best live band in the world after 23 years of not speaking to each other - How fucking good is that ? I have been to see them in 1991 -1992 -2016 and very soon 2017 - Is axl's Voice as good as 1991 no but at times its very close -very close - the cat is 55 years old - still the best frontman on the circuit like he always has been - SLash is a fucking monster was back then and it has never stopped - he always is the show with his jams and improvs with the songs evolving as the tour goes on - Duff is the glue - this cat  is a pro who happens to be a bad ass player - FORTUS  is a bad ass player - more a lead than IZZY but no where fiucking near the songwriter of lyrics and Music - Richard is a bad ass player who adds dynamics to the band with his whammy pedal and some sweep picking and chicken picking - SLASH and  Richard play off each other so good  it is they have played together for 23 years  not 2 and thats fucking killer - Frank is solid he gets a lot of heat here but I dont know why ? SLASH and DUFF sped up the tempo on most of the songs back in the day when I seen them that was always the case - Frank is a very good drummer - is he ADLER ? no but who the fuck is ?  Slash is the show if you are a guitar fanatic Like I am -always has been I love the Jams - THIS IS STILL THE BEST BAND ON THE PLANET - ENJOY IT because I have waited half my life to see them back together again and they are KILLING IT every night - THIS TOUR IS A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ALL THE GUNS N FUCKING ROSES THAT HAVE BEEN THERE SINCE THE BEGINNING - ITS ROCKING ROLL BABY AND THE KINGS ARE BACK AND KICKING ASS!!

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 3