07/10/17 - Vienna, AT - Ernst Happel Stadium

alfierose

40 minutes ago, Kula2006 said:

Vienna concert was also great - not as good as prague but as it was my hometown concert and I met a lot of people there it didn't bother me so much that the concert wasn't that long as the one prague.

Also waited in front of the hotel to maybe meet one of the big 3 - as Axl did a lot of photos and autographs the day before. To bad I just saw the rest of the band  - no Axl/Slash/Duff. Frank even came out at around 12 to do some pictures but I didn't bother to get one with him. One thing I was really wondering: Why the hell do people want to take pictures with Beta?!?

So all I got is a short video of alle the others driving to the soundcheck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVQVc9Ic7Kw

To bad the NITL tour is over for me - saw two absolutely great concerts  - the sad thing is - even if they come back to europe next year - they will never reach that level of excitement again (ever in this lifetime ;) ) 

They will if they bring a kick ass new album over with them ;)

4 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Is it me or did I head There Was a Time during soundcheck... I was there like 3pm in front of the stadium...

It was...we just parked our car when they played it 

4 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Is it me or did I head There Was a Time during soundcheck... I was there like 3pm in front of the stadium...

47 minutes ago, Kula2006 said:

Vienna concert was also great - not as good as prague but as it was my hometown concert and I met a lot of people there it didn't bother me so much that the concert wasn't that long as the one prague.

Also waited in front of the hotel to maybe meet one of the big 3 - as Axl did a lot of photos and autographs the day before. To bad I just saw the rest of the band  - no Axl/Slash/Duff. Frank even came out at around 12 to do some pictures but I didn't bother to get one with him. One thing I was really wondering: Why the hell do people want to take pictures with Beta?!?

So all I got is a short video of alle the others driving to the soundcheck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVQVc9Ic7Kw

To bad the NITL tour is over for me - saw two absolutely great concerts  - the sad thing is - even if they come back to europe next year - they will never reach that level of excitement again (ever in this lifetime ;) ) 

hm why the hell did I do a photo with Beta? 

several reasons without order of importance

I was standing there since 8 am so I was already there for like 2 hours when beta came out of the hotel for the 1st time. I never saw here before. She is the closest to Axl so I thought why not take a picture with beta

2) I asked her wether Axl would come out afterwards and talked a bit about viennese sweets and so on. she was very nice 

3) I saw it as a "warm up" photo. but then only Frank came back to the hotel. didn t care at all. When the Dizzy Richard and Melissa came out of the hotel I wanted only a selfie with Richard and Dizzy. Dizzy didn t turn his head to us.. but Richard was supernice and I got my photo with him. 

no big 3 photos that day unfortunately. 

I suppose some people do photos with Beta just because of her connection to Axl and maybe because she looked after him when nobody knew what he was doing...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Natty said:

hm why the hell did I do a photo with Beta? 

several reasons without order of importance

I was standing there since 8 am so I was already there for like 2 hours when beta came out of the hotel for the 1st time. I never saw here before. She is the closest to Axl so I thought why not take a picture with beta

2) I asked her wether Axl would come out afterwards and talked a bit about viennese sweets and so on. she was very nice 

3) I saw it as a "warm up" photo. but then only Frank came back to the hotel. didn t care at all. When the Dizzy Richard and Melissa came out of the hotel I wanted only a selfie with Richard and Dizzy. Dizzy didn t turn his head to us.. but Richard was supernice and I got my photo with him. 

no big 3 photos that day unfortunately. 

I suppose some people do photos with Beta just because of her connection to Axl and maybe because she looked after him when nobody knew what he was doing...

I totaly understand what you mean - I woud never do that and one of the main reasons is that I don't wanna give her the impression that she is super important for the band and some kind of gnr vip. She might have been there and important for Axl in the time after the split but I still partly blame her that we didn't get this reunion 5 to 10 years earlier.

22 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

They will if they bring a kick ass new album over with them ;)

Not in this lifetime :P

• Like 1

@lilacmess how are you? Did you have a good spot and enjoyed the concert? 

you can tell your baby that he/she already was at a GNR concert rock3

P.s I also have a funny thing about GNR to tell my daughter when she will be older 

Edited by Natty
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWX4ZTtgVHd/ 

Oh... My..... God! 

Guys... Where do I start?! 

This was the best concert I have ever attended and the best day of my life! Needless to say, I suppose all of you realize Guns N' Fuckin' Roses is my favorite band! 

I Slept 3 hours the night before and my journey commenced ad 5am from Serbia. Arrived in Vienna at 3 pm. The sun was scorching as soon as I walked out of bus. The moment I laid my eyes upon the stadium I felt chills. I have never been to a stadium concert before, let alone have I ever imagined of seeing my favorite and world's greatest band ever. This was the first time I was seeing the REAL Guns N' Roses! 

I heard TWAT during soundcheck. There were tones of fans everywhere. All wearing GnR shirts including me. I lined up at the merch stand and got myself a NITL shirt. It was awesome seeing how such an event can gather so many people together with the same goal and to feel the atmosphere where love for the band is electrify is just priceless. Those hours waiting were incredible! I circled around the stadium over and over. Would have liked to have met some of the mygnr members but I got no connection at all. 

Then the rain ensued. I was wondering what fan pit fans were thinking. I wish I had front of stage ticket.. Rain means nothing to me... ? Anyway got myself satisfied with level 2 tickets Duff's side closest to the stage... 

Then we entered! That moment when you 'inhale Guns N' Roses'....!! Fuckin incredible... Roamed around for a bit. Met some great guys from Slovenia! 

Tyler Brian was OK. Wolfmother killed it. 

When those guns fired I felt chills all over me. Then it happened.... 

VIENNA! Gutenabend.... From Hollywood Guns N' Roses! 

Axl Slash and Duff emerged with opening notes from It's so easy! I'm breathless! Mr Brownstone... Chinese.... Jungle... Axl ripping it!! Just want to make something sure - Axl fuckin' slays and there was ZERO mickey... ALL RASP!! Suck on that haters...! That man outdoes himself from song to song, gig to gig! I got nothing but respect for Axl! Not respect, but admiration! He looked healthy and happy! I remember him saying - 'That is a beautiful lightning' cause it rained in the beginning.... Oh and yes.... He is sounding better than ever! 

Slash... What else can I say! The man the myth the legend! Slash fuckin' RULZZ! He steals the show! His guitar tone was incredible... If there is any sense to say - his tone had RASP! Just fuckin' priceless.... Impeccable playing and showmanship! Like he never aged! I could never get one of him... Mr Brownstone solo always gets the crowd going.. Estranged gave those UYI vibes throwback.... COMA was insane! 

Duff.... The man! Who could not love this guy? He has so much swagger when he starts It's so easy I cannot help but smile from the outset.... He merges perfectly with Axl and Slash! And I gotta add that I ADORED You Can't Put Your Arms Around Memory / Attitude! His bass tone is perfect... That Sweet Child O' Mine intro solo is nothing short of jaw-dropping experience... Fuck yeah Duff! You rock! 

Richard Fortus... You are amazing! Props to you man for always outdoing yourself... If there is anyone who deserves a role in original Guns N' Roses aside of original members themselves... It's him! And he merges perfectly with Slash and Duff! Incredible playing and showmanship! Great Great performances from his side... 

Frank you're great! I changed my mind... Great great drumming! 

Dizzy... Great solo on Estranged! I remember Axl introducing him afterwards (not during Estranged) as 'Dizzy Fuckin' Reed '... I think it's the first time he introduced him as such on this tour.... 

Melissa... You're cute! ?

As the time went by... More and more it started to sink in! It was during November Rain, after seeing thousands of phones lit up, reminiscent of starry night sky, that I truly realized - Man... You're watching Guns N' Roses!! I will never forget that moment! Thank you! 

The weather was nice... Despite the rain I really felt something special... It kind of gave me those Use Your Illusion vibe... Blue cloudy sky with mere sunlight shining through prosaic rips in the sky was breathtaking... It really allowed you reflect upon everything... The time spent there really allowed me to be myself in its truest form and glory... An incredible experience... 

*Slash climbs up on the risers for the one last time * 

PARADISE CITY

The most suitable words to outline this entire experience! This is what it has been! I have had a few stand-out moments in my life... But this one beats them all by a light year! Guns N' Roses have never been to me a mere musical experience or a shortcut to ephemeral joy... It has been a lifestyle and still is! Guns N' Roses is what I am and what I represent! And it represents me as well! And as I walked around the stadium I noticed a rather pretty girl, early 20's as myself with atrocious clothing... The thing is it wasn't atrocious at all... She may represent all that's in nowadays' society considered outlawish, reckless and related to the 'perils of rock n' roll decadence'... Tattoo of Axl, ripped clothes, dyed hair, piercing and a bottle of beer in hand... How come that all of this has achieved this decadent status nowadays...? And as I walked by her I couldn't help but smile as wide as possible without taking my eyes off her.... Why? You may ask.... Cause she is defiantly carrying herself amidst all for this generic culture... She IS what Axl had been doing in the 90's...  'I made my way to this stage without listening to anyone... And If that means that in order to succeed you do not listen to me too, the by all means you should do that' - Axl Rose, 1991 Indiana Rant

So there she was... As reckless as ever... As authentic as possible... As herself in her truest self! 

As I  turned my head away... There was I... The concert did not end. It just started dwelling in my heart as an everlasting memory... 

This is what this entire story was about. A priceless achievement to many and and utmost failure to none... 

I will never forget this. From the inception of the thought of attending a Guns N' Roses concert to its very realization everything played out perfectly. This is what it represents to me. An experience worthy of a moniker of 'Not In This Lifetime' being bestowed upon! 

As I leave you with final words of this mere tribute, with tears in my eyes I have truly come to realize the essence of hope and time... After all this waiting and hoping my vision  of Guns N' Roses hasn't subsided.... Not now... Not ever! 

Thank you Guns N' Roses! From the bottom of my heart... Thank you! 

And to all the fuckin' awesome forumers! 

Yours sincerely, 

V. S. 

Poetic

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Hejanne said:

Does anyone know how to grab a video from Instagram or snapchat? I don't have an account, but there's a video from yesterday during kohd, and I would really love to see it. 

There might be some girls on the rail holding up a banner :smiley-confused2:

I use a app called az screen recorder thats for Android and for fb videos just change the address from www. to m. press play on the video then right click save video

Edited by Gibbo

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Definitely Slash's best Yesterday's solo and Axl sounds pretty good too.

and.....so that people don't think I'm being a dick.  This is Axl sounding good on Yesterdays...whatever the hell that was, is simply, not good.  It is terrible:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

and.....so that people don't think I'm being a dick.  This is Axl sounding good on Yesterdays...whatever the hell that was, is simply, not good.  It is terrible:

Really? 25 fuckin´years between those two concerts...Yeah keep dreaming! You'll be disappointed the rest of your life, sorry about that.:facepalm:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gibbo said:

I use a app called az screen recorder thats for Android and for fb videos just change the address from www. to m. press play on the video then right click save video

But I don't have an account :(

11 hours ago, Natty said:

Yes. Dizzy seems to be an arrogant ass. When they left for good, one guy close to the car asked for Dizzy's autograph, when he stood outside, taking off his backpack and then rather than give that autograph he sat in the car, closed the door and then they stood there for 2 more minutes, before they drove off. The only one, who gave an autograph was Richard. 

I stood next to Beta several times now, but I couldn't really bring myself to say anything to her. I mean, what's the point?

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Dizzy seems to be an arrogant ass. When they left for good, one guy close to the car asked for Dizzy's autograph, when he stood outside, taking off his backpack and then rather than give that autograph he sat in the car, closed the door and then they stood there for 2 more minutes, before they drove off. The only one, who gave an autograph was Richard. 

I stood next to Beta several times now, but I couldn't really bring myself to say anything to her. I mean, what's the point?

Richard is way too cool for school...amazing cool guy. Met him in the hotel a few times and very chilled to start a conversation with you...as long as you don't irritate him. This is for example what irritated me when all the bunch of people are staying in front of my hotel because they wanted to take photos but at the same time didn't give way to us hotel guests 

23 minutes ago, domino said:

Richard is way too cool for school...amazing cool guy. Met him in the hotel a few times and very chilled to start a conversation with you...as long as you don't irritate him. This is for example what irritated me when all the bunch of people are staying in front of my hotel because they wanted to take photos but at the same time didn't give way to us hotel guests 

Sorry, do i get your words wrong, or are you really whining about us staying in front of the hotel, to get a glimpse on Guns, while you BOOKED the hotel for the same reason?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, EricA said:

Sorry, do i get your words wrong, or are you really whining about us staying in front of the hotel, to get a glimpse on Guns, while you BOOKED the hotel for the same reason?

Well, I pretty much didn't book it for the same reason. Hubby booked 1 week for me....I pretty much stay anywhere in the world at the park hyatt, especially cuz I'm a member. Honestly, I didn't mind it so much because I know the back excit. The hotel staff pretty much complained about it same as other hotel guests. This is as well the reason why you guys didn't see the 3 kings coming out from the front door, so I have been told ✌?

28 minutes ago, EricA said:

Well, I pretty much didn't book it for the same reason. Hubby booked 1 week for me....I pretty much stay anywhere in the world at the park hyatt, especially cuz I'm a member. Honestly, I didn't mind it so much because I know the back excit. The hotel staff pretty much complained about it same as other hotel guests. This is as well the reason why you guys didn't see the 3 kings coming out from the front door, so I have been told ✌?