09/01/17 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place Stadium

Estranged Reality

On 8/21/2017 at 0:52 PM, TheCarlinSeven said:

54,500 according to google. Lots of seats left though. Just hope it sounds better than Metallica did last week. 

Just checked the map and the show sold very well. There are only a few thousand seats unsold as of right now.  If 54,500 Is an accurate number than there will be over 50,000 In attendance. How did the Metallica show sell and what was wrong with the sound?

8 hours ago, ironmt said:

Just checked the map and the show sold very well. There are only a few thousand seats unsold as of right now.  If 54,500 Is an accurate number than there will be over 50,000 In attendance. How did the Metallica show sell and what was wrong with the sound?

Well it's a dome and they leave the roof closed. Sounds like 50,000 seat tin can. 

U2 sounded okay but they were rehearsing here so they had a few weeks to tinker with the sound. I thought Metallica sounded terrible, but in talking to a few folks they thought it was okay. I'm kinda hoping it was just me. 

2 minutes ago, TheCarlinSeven said:

Well it's a dome and they leave the roof closed. Sounds like 50,000 seat tin can. 

U2 sounded okay but they were rehearsing here so they had a few weeks to tinker with the sound. I thought Metallica sounded terrible, but in talking to a few folks they thought it was okay. I'm kinda hoping it was just me. 

I've never been to a show at BC place but I'll be somewhere up front in the pit, is it gonna sound like my ears are full of mud or are some spots in the venue not bad sound-wise?

1 hour ago, Solidius said:

Could you also let us know what type of payments they take at the truck? That'd be rad. 

It's just a tent, not the truck, and apparently it'll open at 1:00.

Anyone done GA at this venue before? Apparently all gates allow all sections in, so there is no "GA gate". I've been told Gate E is where I should be but just wondering if anyone here knows the best entrance.

15 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I got a bulletin from rock 101 van saying the roof will be open for this show..... 

Where did you see these?

is 101 doing anything special here? do they broadcast any of the show at all 

im pretty pissed im not gonna be at show my planning didn't work 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr