09/08/17 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome

Estranged Reality

I'm going with my buddy to the Alamodome gig and would enjoy meeting up with fellow concert goers on the Riverwalk before or after the concert!

No, I am not really new to this forum, as I used to be rather active from 2002-2010 but the reunion made me want to return.

Cheers,

Isaac

I'm seated on the floor in section A3 Row 29 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

Has anyone noticed any ticket deals for the San Antonio show?

I am still hoping to attend the gig. However, my friends have been turned off by the high ticket prices...

No. :( And I am checking everyday. There were 2 rows right behind the pit on Duffs side for sale and then one day just gone! I know all those 14 super pricey tickets were not sold in one day. There were decent floor seats for 250 awhile back and I should have gotten them then, but was hoping to get in the row right behind the pit. So it looks like my floor seat will be further than I thought. And it's selling so poorly! Don't get why they aren't discounted yet. :shrugs:

6 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

No. :( And I am checking everyday. There were 2 rows right behind the pit on Duffs side for sale and then one day just gone! I know all those 14 super pricey tickets were not sold in one day. There were decent floor seats for 250 awhile back and I should have gotten them then, but was hoping to get in the row right behind the pit. So it looks like my floor seat will be further than I thought. And it's selling so poorly! Don't get why they aren't discounted yet. :shrugs:

I suggest holding out. Don't give in yet! I believe the rows of tickets that magically disappeared will reappear at a lower price a few weeks before the show. Please don't give in. There will be a ticket blowout for the San Antonio show soon. I just have a feeling about this.

Last year prime seats for shows were made available at $250 or less a few days before each gig. The top "standard" ticket price for the El Paso show is $155 including fees: https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0C00517ED1233A1B?brand=gnr&camefrom=CFC_GNR_grid_905

The demand in West Texas is very soft, so prices have dropped accordingly. All we need is a little patience!! ;)

Edited by rockphantom

Just now, rockphantom said:

I suggest holding out. Don't give in yet! I believe the rows of tickets that magically disappeared will reappear at a lower price a few weeks before the show. Please don't give in. There will be a ticket blowout for the San Antonio show soon. I just have a feeling about this.

Last year prime seats for shows were made available at $250 or less a few days before each gig. The top ticket price for the El Paso show is $155 including fees.

The demand in West Texas is very soft, so prices have dropped accordingly. All we need is a little patience!! ;)

I won't give in...cause all the good ones are gone anyways! But wish I didn't have too wait so close to showtime to have my tickets. I fly out to SA on 9/3 and really want my ticket by then!

And you are right...we do need patience. a helluva lot of it lol! :lol:

2 hours ago, rockphantom said:

Last year prime seats for shows were made available at $250 or less a few days before each gig. The top "standard" ticket price for the El Paso show is $155 including fees: https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0C00517ED1233A1B?brand=gnr&camefrom=CFC_GNR_grid_905

I second this.   There were tons of seats in the first 20 rows available for San Antonio a couple of months ago and they all disappeared on the same day shortly before the Oct/Nov dates were announced.  No way they all sold at once.  My guess is they are holding them to encourage people to buy tickets in the less desirable sections, and will release all the available front section tickets in the last couple of weeks before the show.  

• 2 weeks later...

If I can't convince any of my friends to go to San Antonio show with me, I am going to take Megabus from Dallas to San Antonio on the day of the gig.

The Megabus drop off spot is only 3 miles from the Alamdome. The bus will arrive in San Antonio at 2:25PM, so I'll have 4 hours to kill before the doors open.

The return trip to Dallas is at 8:15AM Saturday morning. Hopefully, Guns will perform until 1AM, so I can just hang out at a 24 hour restaurant after the show, before getting back on the bus.

If anyone is interested in hanging out before or after the show, let me know

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2017 at 10:01 AM, rockphantom said:

If I can't convince any of my friends to go to San Antonio show with me, I am going to take Megabus from Dallas to San Antonio on the day of the gig.

The Megabus drop off spot is only 3 miles from the Alamdome. The bus will arrive in San Antonio at 2:25PM, so I'll have 4 hours to kill before the doors open.

The return trip to Dallas is at 8:15AM Saturday morning. Hopefully, Guns will perform until 1AM, so I can just hang out at a 24 hour restaurant after the show, before getting back on the bus.

If anyone is interested in hanging out before or after the show, let me know

Go to Mi Tierra, it literally never close, they have great Mexican food and a badass bakery.

Thanks for the advice!! I'm 50/50 on the San Antonio show right now. After listening to the Apollo broadcast and discovering that the 2017 North American tour is nearly identical to the 2016 tour, I realized that there is no reason to catch additional gigs on the NITL tour. I attended both Vegas April 2016 gigs and the Arlington, TX show.

If I do end up going to the San Antonio gig alone, I'll chow down and camp out at Mi Terra!

Edited by rockphantom

• 4 weeks later...

I've decided to pass on the San Antonio show, unless someone from Dallas/Fort Worth is going and willing to give me a ride to the gig and back. My friends in Austin have been turned off by the high ticket prices. Hurricane Harvey had a factor in my decision as well....

So is the Houston concert cancelled? Will GNR re-schedule?

Houston is a mess and it will take a long time to get this city back together again.

Once the flood waters go down, then it's clean up time and people trying to get their lives back together. I commend their strength and courage. I doubt I have it in me to go on.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

So is the Houston concert cancelled? Will GNR re-schedule?

Houston is a mess and it will take a long time to get this city back together again.

Once the flood waters go down, then it's clean up time and people trying to get their lives back together. I commend their strength and courage. I doubt I have it in me to go on.

Have not heard anything about a cancellation. Their show there is not until November I think, so maybe the situation will be slightly better by then? Its all very devastating and sad.:( But I guess we will see...I'm flying out to San Antonio for my show tomorrow morning. I was worried there for a minute.

Do you live in Houston? 

1526613_10152508829669617_25725703286757

Guns N' Roses Concert Guide - Know Before You Go:

Before you head to the Alamodome for GUNS N’ ROSES on Fri. Sept 8, please familiarize yourself with the CLEAR BAG POLICY in effect and the four types of bags that will be allowed into the stadium. Take note of the PROHIBITED ITEMS that include but are not limited to pocket knives, pepper spray, wallet chains and clutch purse chains. For more event information or to view the entire GUNS N’ ROSES Concert Guide, visit www.alamodome.com.

Fans are encouraged to arrive early. Alamodome $25 Parking in Lots B and C IS LIMITED. We encourage fans to utilize VIA Park & Ride Service from the Crossroads location at 151 Crossroads Blvd.

VIA service will start at 4:00pm; $2.50 one way or $5.00 round trip; VIA Park & Ride will run up to one hour after the event. For more information visit http://www.viainfo.net/special-event-service

Alex Pompa I need my pocket knives, pepper spray - I hold onto them with my wallet chain connected to my clutch... I can't go without ANY of those things

Alamodome
Alamodome Unfortunately, you will not be allowed in the facility with any of those items. They'll either have to be returned to your car OR thrown away at the door

:rofl-lol: