GRAMMY 2017

Silent Jay

5 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Adele opted to do a do-over, Metallica didn't. I'm sure the production staff wasn't particularly happy about Adele taking a mulligan, since it threw the schedule off.

I mean, it's not uncommon for sound to be iffy on the Grammys. It's a tough gig to do sound for something like this where you're rapidly hopping between stages, with radically different setups, and there's distractions on top of it all (i.e. the award segments). This isn't exactly an isolated incident. 

But I mean, they could simply check the gain on at least both of the mics to see that they are in fact on. Plus, his mic wasn't on even after Lady Gaga started singing. Usually when mics aren't on on live events, they fade them in very quickly once they realize whats going on.

Overall the performance as good, the band sound good as usual, and Lady Gaga was great (apart from the production people who hardly showed Kirk during his solo, although I guess thats expected when you have a current megastar on the stage)

Edited by Mendez

At least Gaga was wearing a Load-era Metallica shirt. I can dig it.

10 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Yea, it did work better than I imagined. About this country thing going on now......:no:

Sturgill Simpson is the shit. At least his fucking mic worked.

1 minute ago, Mendez said:

But I mean, they could simply check the gain on at least both of the mics to see that they are in fact on. Plus, his mic wasn't on even after Lady Gaga started singing. Usually when mics aren't on on live events, they fade them in very quickly once they realize whats going on.

That's only assuming it was a gain issue - it could very well have been some defect somewhere between the mic and the board. It's not like mics never just die out mid-performance.

3 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Was that a tranny that introduced Metallica (not) and lady gaga?

She (?) did say they have 8 Grammys and had a little story about rock bands 

In the other news. James's tech is last seen in Utah...

giphy.gif

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1

Ok,we all knew that Grammy is a shitty show and the only reason spent so many wasted hours waiting is to see metallica perfom and how weird could be with gaga onstage,the whole production was at least a cheap,unorganized,crappy to watch,annoying reporters,stupid faces trying to sell popularity and fame for seconds.Just a focking mic ruined Metallica and Gaga performance.

Finally they have right all these who agree not to going to Grammys,Hall Of Fame etc,they totally focked up all.

Edited by Majestic Beast