What are you getting people for christmas?

john lennon

I'm getting my mom some set from the bodyshop and perhaps a heat blanket, booze for my oldest brother, a sweater and a necklace and earring set for my sister, and my youngest brother gets lego and a pokemonGO t-shirt, but then I'm out of ideas. 

On another note,,, does anyone know what to get 13, 11, 10, 6, and 5 y/o boys? I've a bunch of brothers and little cousins I gotta get shit for. 

What country are you in?

I have 3 boys 15,12,9. They vary a bit in what they are into, the eldest likes computing and sci-fi, the middle one xbox and football and the youngest art's and craft stuff. I'm struggling with the 12 yr old this year because he has plenty of football stuff and there are only a couple of new xbox games I consider suitable for him.

I'm buying him one of these as a fun present - gadgety type websites/shops are often good for older boys.

https://www.red5.co.uk/atm-bank-touch-screen.aspx?responseId=b3f69f9a-3c33-446e-b3c7-26e88db5046d

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

What country are you in?

I have 3 boys 15,12,9. They vary a bit in what they are into, the eldest likes computing and sci-fi, the middle one xbox and football and the youngest art's and craft stuff. I'm struggling with the 12 yr old this year because he has plenty of football stuff and there are only a couple of new xbox games I consider suitable for him.

I'm buying him one of these as a fun present - gadgety type websites/shops are often good for older boys.

https://www.red5.co.uk/atm-bank-touch-screen.aspx?responseId=b3f69f9a-3c33-446e-b3c7-26e88db5046d

Sweden.

I know the 13 y/o is very into gaming and stuff, so I went looking for one of those Steam gift cards the other day, but they only have them for 50 euros and I'm a poor ass student at the moment, so considering I've so many people to buy shit for, I can't really afford it. Maybe I should get him a gaming mouse or something, but I've no clue about those things, so I don't know what's a good one and what's not.

Not sure what the others like. I very rarely see my brothers, and even more so my cousins. Last time I checked, the 11 y/o was into music and shit, so I got him a guitar a couple years ago for his birthday, but I'm not sure what he likes anymore. 

I think the hardest one is my five year old cousin, because normally I think five year old little boys would like lego or toy cars and stuff, right? But he's developmentally delayed and so I don't know quite were he's at at the moment. Like, I don't wanna accidentally get him something he'll choke on. That would be horrible. 

3 minutes ago, john lennon said:

Sweden.

I know the 13 y/o is very into gaming and stuff, so I went looking for one of those Steam gift cards the other day, but they only have them for 50 euros and I'm a poor ass student at the moment, so considering I've so many people to buy shit for, I can't really afford it. Maybe I should get him a gaming mouse or something, but I've no clue about those things, so I don't know what's a good one and what's not.

Not sure what the others like. I very rarely see my brothers, and even more so my cousins. Last time I checked, the 11 y/o was into music and shit, so I got him a guitar a couple years ago for his birthday, but I'm not sure what he likes anymore. 

I think the hardest one is my five year old cousin, because normally I think five year old little boys would like lego or toy cars and stuff, right? But he's developmentally delayed and so I don't know quite were he's at at the moment. Like, I don't wanna accidentally get him something he'll choke on. That would be horrible. 

@MB.has an army of kids in all age categories and she's crazy about toys. Maybe she can help you.

• Like 1

I bought this gaming mouse for my eldest boy last Xmas. It's fairly cheap (£10) and still going strong, he seems to like it a lot. He originally wanted one that was nearly £100 - that wasn't happening unless he bought it himself. :lol:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HAVIT-2400DPI-Ergonomic-Backlit-Soothing/dp/B01DXT6FTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481706328&sr=8-1&keywords=havit+mouse

Would the youngest like something like Kinetic Sand? He would probably need some supervision but they all do at that age.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinetic-Sand-6029058-Box-Set/dp/B019YY2E2Y/ref=sr_1_4?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1481706498&sr=1-4&keywords=kinetic+sand

4 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I bought this gaming mouse for my eldest boy last Xmas. It's fairly cheap (£10) and still going strong, he seems to like it a lot. He originally wanted one that was nearly £100 - that wasn't happening unless he bought it himself. :lol:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HAVIT-2400DPI-Ergonomic-Backlit-Soothing/dp/B01DXT6FTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481706328&sr=8-1&keywords=havit+mouse

Would the youngest like something like Kinetic Sand? He would probably need some supervision but they all do at that age.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinetic-Sand-6029058-Box-Set/dp/B019YY2E2Y/ref=sr_1_4?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1481706498&sr=1-4&keywords=kinetic+sand

Maybe. Thanks for the advice! 

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

No problem. I remember the mouse came in a nice box too, looked more expensive than it actually was.

I just hope Amazon ships to Sweden, and quite fast too. But I mean if it's UK I should get it within a week anyway, I guess? Cos every time I order things from the uk it's gone good. 

2 hours ago, Lio said:

@MB.has an army of kids in all age categories and she's crazy about toys. Maybe she can help you.

Lol an army.  

@john lennon

The 11 year old loves gaming now as well probably. Just give him a card. If he likes footbal, buy a ball of his favorite team. Anything Messi or Ibra related is wanted as well. Or maybe he loves nerf guns? Those plastic darts are always welcome here.

The 5 year old, my son loves anything Paw Patrol related, not sure if you have that in Sweden as well. But it's rather expensive. What about duplo, he can't choke in that? 

1 minute ago, john lennon said:

I just hope Amazon ships to Sweden, and quite fast too. But I mean if it's UK I should get it within a week anyway, I guess? Cos every time I order things from the uk it's gone good. 

I couldn't say really. I think shipping to Europe should only take a couple of days longer.

They have it on amazon.de - I don't know if that would be quicker to Sweden.

https://www.amazon.de/HAVIT-Gaming-2400DPI-beruhigenden-LED-Farben/dp/B01DXT6FTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481712597&sr=8-1&keywords=havit+gaming+maus

Just now, MB. said:

Lol an army.  

@john lennon

The 11 year old loves gaming now as well probably. Just give him a card. If he likes footbal, buy a ball of his favorite team. Anything Messi or Ibra related is wanted as well. Or maybe he loves nerf guns? Those plastic darts are always welcome here.

The 5 year old, my son loves anything Paw Patrol related, not sure if you have that in Sweden as well. But it's rather expensive. What about duplo, he can't choke in that? 

Great ideas!

Actually called the 11 y/o and just asked him what he wanted and he mentioned he wanted a proper gaming mouse and a Nirvana tee hah

As for the little one, yeah! Sounds great, never considered that 

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

I couldn't say really. I think shipping to Europe should only take a couple of days longer.

They have it on amazon.de - I don't know if that would be quicker to Sweden.

https://www.amazon.de/HAVIT-Gaming-2400DPI-beruhigenden-LED-Farben/dp/B01DXT6FTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481712597&sr=8-1&keywords=havit+gaming+maus

Hey thansk! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MB. said:

Lol an army.  

@john lennon

You are crazy liking the Nerf guns. I hate them. :lol:

• Like 1

Lol Alfie, anything to get them busy.

It's not that I like them, they like them mostly. However I like shooting my kids with the darts sometimes, we team up in the garden at times boys/girls. :lol:

In my defense, they have to wear the nerf glasses though.

• Like 1

I have two kids, a girl age 6 and a boy age 3. They love games and books, colouring books and felt pens/crayons. Also Play Doh is a major hit in my house, as well as the Kinetic Sand. Tonka do some great chunkier cars that are virtually indestructible, expensive though.

My little boy is obsessed with Hot Wheels and Blaze And The Monster Machines. 

• Like 1

let's see, i am getting friends gift cards ( lazy i know but that's what they asked for. ) for my nephews i am getting them GN'R AFD CD's to try and get them into GN'R before the concert i wanna see in El Paso in Sept '16 cos i need to find someone to go with me. plus some shirts and stuff. my cat and dog are getting toys, their fave toys and treats.

this reminds me of the worst gifts i ever gave. i broke my ankle in 3 places; had to have surgery, pins and screws inserted the whole nine yards about 15 years ago and was totally non weight bearing til right before Christmas. so i was not up to shopping. i went to ONE store and they all got sweaters! now that i shop mostly online i'm a much better gift giver :P

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, john lennon said:

They're all like 'uh i don't know????' so idk 

Tins of lutefisk for all then. :lol:

Seriously though, maybe book tokens, tokens for a local cinema chain or clothing store, that kind of thing. The best gift that you can get them though is being a great sister. :)

5 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Tins of lutefisk for all then. :lol:

Seriously though, maybe book tokens, tokens for a local cinema chain or clothing store, that kind of thing. The best gift that you can get them though is being a great sister. :)

I doubt they care about me being a good sister at this point ha! I did call my 11 y/o brother yesterday and asked him what he wants for christmas, so I've got an answer there n now I just have to get my ass to town and get it, but I still haven't got any idea what to get the 13 y/o or the 10 y/o. I guess for the 13 y/o I could just get him a gift card or something because at that age they're so hard to get shit for anyway? 

Also I'm starting to have second thoughts on getting my 18 y/o brother a bottle of booze as a joke cos it may or may not ruin christmas for everyone when them parents find out about that :lol: But I figure he's 18 so he can legally go to the pub, right? Then what could it hurt if he has a bottle of booze?