"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Rogue One.  Loved it!  Planning to watch again before jumping to the Rogue One Thread.  Im now a believer in the Star Wars Stories concept.  I wasnt so impressed by Force Awakens so Im glad for another star wars that Im really into.  I enjoyed Awakens and was excited in general for a film with out jar jar, but for me this is fully back on track.  Makes me excited for the Stories and the trilogies. 

From what I gather the reshoots and rewrites were to tone down the 'war movie' approach that they first went for.  Still its very much a war movie, so maybe that was a good call?

Im still confused about the Death Stars relation with gravity though:  if it rolls up to a planet isn't there gravity issues for both?  And when it blows a moon to bits isn't there gravitational issues for all the nearby celestial bodies and the Death Star? Thats no spoiler because it goes back to the first trilogy.

I dont wanna give spoilers but there is one aspect that bothers me.  Its a choice to not let in ruin it for me.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

<_< maybe only chicks get this movie! i love it :heart:

I do too!  Watched it a ton as a kid.  I was trying to make a joke that people who say its not good are at risk of attack by the Sharks or Jets (cant remember which ones snap when they walk). :) 

• Like 1

Funny enough it's not so much the film itself. I think my biggest problem with it is just I suffered from overseeing it in sections because nearly every music teacher I ever had throughout elementary and high school insisted on using it as a learning tool. The English teachers picked up on it too because of the obvious Romeo and Juliet parallels and soon enough I was watching it in every class - except all broken up and jumping all over the place as a result. :lol:

I vowed after that to never watch it again.

• Like 1

Fast & Furious 8

Not bad, its a one time watch, sadly there was no Paul in the movie. 

Some people were really going crazy at some scenes, I din't know this franchise had those types of Hardcore fans too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Słash said:

Terminator Genisys

was on TV so thought to watch it again

It was great on the big screen, it was pretty meh on the TV

The Boss Baby

I actually watched Terminator Genisys on cable and thought it was pretty good. I liked the storyline. Arnold was good as always.

8 hours ago, Słash said:

Fast & Furious 8

Not bad, its a one time watch, sadly there was no Paul in the movie. 

Some people were really going crazy at some scenes, I din't know this franchise had those types of Hardcore fans too. 

I read that there will be two more of these movies that will continue whatever storyline was in this one.

I tried to watched Fast and Furious 7, but those car chases bore me. Never actually saw the whole movie.

Kevin Hart is doing another little boy's voice in this new movie coming out. I forgot the name of it, but it looks very cute. It's about two little boys who make their principal crazy and then turn him into some crazy super hero who just wears his underpants. lol

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Kevin Hart: What Now?

The answer is go and watch a real comedian like Bill Hicks, Dave Chapelle, Doug Stanhope, Bill Burr, George Carlin, Louis C.K or Ricky Gervais. Because Kevin Hart used to be fairly funny but has well and truly lost it. This was such an abysmally safe, mainstream, unoriginal, boring, ego-trip I couldn't even get through the whole thing.

Dog Shit/5

I never found him all that funny tbh. Just something about him came across as, fake or ass-kissey. He's not even close to Chappelle or Katt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I never found him all that funny tbh. Just something about him came across as, fake or ass-kissey. He's not even close to Chappelle or Katt.

Me either.  Chris Tucker is someone else that tired pretty quick though Smokey seals his place in history for me.  Other than that Rush Hour, his little bit in Jackie Brown, can't think of anything else he's got value in.  See there's types of stand ups.  One who value the art and though they go off and do other things they always keep a foot in stand up...and then there's the ones who just use it for a leg up in the industry, those kinda sink fast.  Kevin Hart comes under that category and he's kinda the least talented too.  Eddie Murphy, who was a fantastic stand up, comes under that category too, deep down they wannabe the prime time housewives favourite, they wanna build their 'brand'.  

23 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Me either.  Chris Tucker is someone else that tired pretty quick though Smokey seals his place in history for me.  Other than that Rush Hour, his little bit in Jackie Brown, can't think of anything else he's got value in.  See there's types of stand ups.  One who value the art and though they go off and do other things they always keep a foot in stand up...and then there's the ones who just use it for a leg up in the industry, those kinda sink fast.  Kevin Hart comes under that category and he's kinda the least talented too.  Eddie Murphy, who was a fantastic stand up, comes under that category too, deep down they wannabe the prime time housewives favourite, they wanna build their 'brand'.  

Hart has always come across that way to me. He went after it so hard that it's kind of obvious. How many freaking movies has he done where he's played the exact same role. Chappelle is a real comedian. That guy turned down stupid t.v. money cause he was tired of all the bullshit. Katt is real too.

If you watch Chris Tucker's early stand up, Smokey was his thing. He might not have been Smokey during his routines but he acted like that. Once Friday came out and Smokey was in full display, that was kind of all he had. Even the Rush Hour role and the part in Jackie Brown were variations of Smokey. I'll give him that though, Smokey is an all time classic character.

10 hours ago, J Dog said:

Hart has always come across that way to me. He went after it so hard that it's kind of obvious. How many freaking movies has he done where he's played the exact same role. Chappelle is a real comedian. That guy turned down stupid t.v. money cause he was tired of all the bullshit. Katt is real too.

If you watch Chris Tucker's early stand up, Smokey was his thing. He might not have been Smokey during his routines but he acted like that. Once Friday came out and Smokey was in full display, that was kind of all he had. Even the Rush Hour role and the part in Jackie Brown were variations of Smokey. I'll give him that though, Smokey is an all time classic character.

I watched an interview with that fuckin' weenie on hot97 or Power 105, i forget which, anyway the whole time this guy sits there talking about himself like...as a concept, as a brand, as a commodity, it's like listen man, you're tommorows fuckin' chip paper, these guys make a bit of money and get these delusions of grandeur like they're fuckin' presiding over an empire.  'i got 20 million twitter followers, so it's like i got direct line to my peoples, to communicate with my audience...thats JUST on twitter'...like adding some cunt on twitter is the equivalent to a jihad oath :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

parkinson interview from 14 mins on is fucking class.  he's actually stoned in that interview, gets a bit unco-operative towards the end.  legend has it he offered Parkinson a spliff backstage :lol:  The man was sharp as fuck.

Edited by Len Cnut