GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It depends on what you expect from it. Like you said, the only cool thing about it are the gifts and the ocassional contests, although most of them are rigged and only let people from the USA participate. 

Memberships lasts a year from the moment you signed up, so you have to renew it everytime. 

Activity on the boards is low, with one person creating most of the threads and copying a lot of topics from this forum. There's hardly serious debate and most people are Axl apologist, sicophants and asskissers. There's no place for opposed views to the mainstream. So if that floats your boat you're gonna feel great, otherwise it is just boring.

But you get a brand new merchandise package each year you sign up then? New t-shirt? new stuff in the package each year?

Yeah I don't think I would be using the pre-sale/competition stuff much....they just finished playing here....so who knows when they will come back now :D

On 26/06/2017 at 10:48 PM, janrichmond said:

On night 1 we saw a bloke getting removed by the first aid people, he was so drunk he could barely walk, like legless! This was while the Kills were still on!!! What a waste of money that was for him.

Sorry late to the party on this subject, on the train down on Saturday there was a bunch of guys heading to the show sat behind me and Grace, they were already knocking back the beer at 10am so I can imagine the state of them by about 8pm.

If there's one thing we Brits do well it's pissed up, knobhead behaviour. :lol::facepalm:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nostalgia^ said:

Was just thinking about joining....but I'm not sure it's worth it? Some of the "welcome" gifts you get when signing up are cool though.....Is the membership price for life or do you need to buy a new one each year? How's the activity on the official boards? :question:

The board isn't as active as this one. I only ever use it to whinge about why the US gets more competitions to enter than the rest of us. Like the Sirius radio thing in NY, they're only giving tickets to US fans, so that pissed me off. 

Getting to buy better GnR tickets than normal presales or general sales did not happen for me either, so that was a waste of time. 

If you really want that new merch and that's all you really expect to gain from it, then it's probably worth it for you :) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nostalgia^ said:

Was just thinking about joining....but I'm not sure it's worth it? Some of the "welcome" gifts you get when signing up are cool though.....Is the membership price for life or do you need to buy a new one each year? How's the activity on the official boards? :question:

Haha I'm still waiting for the gifts...for the past 2 months ??

41 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Look, stop with that culture difference BS because I'm not the only one who sees something, at the least "questionable", with that picture. @MillionsOfSpiders is British and it looks to me she feels the same way about it, yet you're not picking on her culture or whatever.

I'm not upset or defensive. I gave my opinion and I even told you I didn't know exactly why I feel this way. It just looks bad to me and that's it. If you want to go reading it as "culture differences" or "insecurity", go head if that makes your day.

You are acting the same way you are accusing me of and you should take your own advice. To paraphrase you, you should also learn that some situations are subjective (I feel uncomfortable about it and you don't). Calling me "insecure" because I see something you don't, it is not any better than me "insinuating" that you all are cheaters. Your tone is patronizing.

Not only that, your condescending way to describe the situation and make me look like a crazy woman from Latinamerica leaves a lot to be desired. This is not just "a person kissing someone else's hand", as you want to simplify it. Someone else called the girl "stealth" and other person "groupie wannabe", so there's obviously something with it that some people see. I am aware others like you do not it see and that's fine.

So if it's so totally cool and fine with you, move on. You are the secure and happy one, after all. Right?

I find it interesting that you always complain about the lack of debate but when somebody offers a different opinion than yours you always tell them to drop it unless they're kissing your ass. :rolleyes:

Whatever, man... :lol:

• Like 3

Just now, Nostalgia^ said:

Really? Don't they have some way to contact the fan club. 2 months is a really long time!

When you sign up they tell you not to contact them until it's been 6 months. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

When you sign up they tell you not to contact them until it's been 6 months. :lol:

Yeah items they will send later...no worries, had to wait for my tank 1 month till it got delivered. This is the longest time I waited for a shipment from the US to Dubai ?

I used to be in the club but it's not worth the money, really. You can score better tickets outside of the club. The boards suck.  Admittedly the swag is better this year than in previous years, but still. This is not a band that tends to cater to it's biggest, long term fans, it's fan club is a symptom of that.

8 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I find it interesting that you always complain about the lack of debate but when somebody offers a different opinion than yours you always tell them to drop it unless they're kissing your ass. :rolleyes:

Whatever, man... :lol:

What do you want to debate here? :shrugs:

You keep mirroring the behavior you accuse me of, by keep complaining about it and you end up doing the same.

You "dropped" the subject when you said I should take a look at myself because there is no problem with the picture or the hand kissing, that it is just me being insecure about it, making a huge deal of an "insignificant" thing that is "socially acceptable" everywhere else in the world.

What can I do or say against that? I have already told you 100 times why I dislike it. You think I am wrong and that you are right. I am the one with a "problem" and you are all cool about it.

How in the holy fuck is that me asking you to kiss my ass? :rolleyes:

You want to keep talking about it? Ok, let's keep talking about it...

What do you want to discuss now?

I'm not moving one inch from my opinion about the whole thing being disgusting.

What's your new take on it?

:popcorn:

55 minutes ago, Nostalgia^ said:

But you get a brand new merchandise package each year you sign up then? New t-shirt? new stuff in the package each year?

Yeah I don't think I would be using the pre-sale/competition stuff much....they just finished playing here....so who knows when they will come back now :D

In theory you do..... But they never know if that's going to happen or when. If you renew before the time they have decided to release new merch, you will be stuck with the same merch from the previous year for a second time. :facepalm:

39 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What do you want to debate here? :shrugs:

You keep mirroring the behavior you accuse me of, by keep complaining about it and you end up doing the same.

You "dropped" the subject when you said I should take a look at myself because there is no problem with the picture or the hand kissing, that it is just me being insecure about it, making a huge deal of an "insignificant" thing that is "socially acceptable" everywhere else in the world.

What can I do or say against that? I have already told you 100 times why I dislike it. You think I am wrong and that you are right. I am the one with a "problem" and you are all cool about it.

How in the holy fuck is that me asking you to kiss my ass? :rolleyes:

You want to keep talking about it? Ok, let's keep talking about it...

What do you want to discuss now?

I'm not moving one inch from my opinion about the whole thing being disgusting.

What's your new take on it?

:popcorn:

You're missing the point... My issue isn't with your stance about the picture my issue is with you slinging insults anytime somebody has a different viewpoint than you. You've done this before with the whole "women can't be friends with men" debate.

When it comes to relationships there are no set rules. Depending on you're experiences growing up, your viewpoint on what defines appropriate behavior will be different from mine. Where I'm from kissing somebody's hand is a sign of affection and respect. To you (and millionsofspiders) it's not. Which is perfectly ok. None of us our wrong by thinking that way.

What's not ok is saying that anybody who disagrees with you is a cheater. But as you said earlier, it really doesn't matter at this point and I apologize for calling you insecure. I shouldn't of said that.

Now if you don't mind I have to go find a scarlet 'A' to pin to my dress and watch GNR rock Finland. :headbang:

Edited by Kris_1989

Would Axl and Slash have adopted children in any way?

I know the WT already found their lovechild once. I'm pretty sure it was their biological child, that kid was peeerrrrrfect! 

I'm pretty sure they would have gone square and being home-ish and all that during one phase and then also lead a family life with cute little curly red heads and spaghetti black haired kids jumping around. :lol:

• Like 2

Thank you @Frey  omg now I want to read more:drool: about that parallel universe where Slaxl exists. Please write more imagines lol :)

33 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I know the WT already found their lovechild once. I'm pretty sure it was their biological child, that kid was peeerrrrrfect! 

I'm pretty sure they would have gone square and being home-ish and all that during one phase and then also lead a family life with cute little curly red heads and spaghetti black haired kids jumping around. :lol:

This sounds very fan fiction :heart:

29 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

They could have had biological children for real actually. I mean lots of gay couples with the necessary money in their pockets seem to do that these days (and Slash and Axl definitely would have belonged to the group able to afford that kind of thing).

I remember seeing that guy from How I Met Your Mother speak about this on some talk show once. He and his husband have twins and they're their biological children (each guy is the biological father of one of the twins and the twins have the same biological mother, so they're half-siblings technically). Ricky Martin's and Elton John's kids are their biological kids too, I think.

I agree about them going square and settling down a bit. Axl was totally ready for that back then. He talked about having kids and settling down a lot and he even dragged Slash house hunting lol :awesomeface: It's all Slash's fault that he refused to move in with Axl and didn't even bother to come up with a believable excuse for refusing :max::P

25 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Omg @Tori72 you reminded me. Slash liked this on Twitter a few days ago..

image.jpg.d406e8996e1636f4964a18470fc6619e.jpg

:lol:

Ahahaha :rofl-lol:

How appropriate.

And look @Tori72, it's just like you described- the black haired one has straight hair and the red-haired one has curly/frizzy hair :P

@MillionsOfSpiders I'm glad you always notice funny stuff like this :lol: And didn't someone else recently mention Slash liking cat videos or pictures on Instagram?

It's amusing how Slash posts all this gory horror shit on his own Instagram and then goes around secretly liking pictures of babies, kittens and Axl :awesomeface:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

You're missing the point... My issue isn't with your stance about the picture my issue is with you slinging insults anytime somebody has a different viewpoint than you. You've done this before with the whole "women can't be friends with men" debate.

No, it doesnt look like I'm missing the point. What is more plausible is that YOU are changing the subject to something that has nothing to do with the initial argument because you have lost your point and to recover it, or keeping yourself relevant, you now decided to make up lies and bring back old feuds.

How have I insulted you in this topic or before this?

Which word or sentence does exactly constitute an insult to you? 

@Frey He likes all of Meegans daughters cat photos posts. He also always likes Fernandos pics of his kid and in fact most of his posts. I find that really sweet of him. 

--------

@Andy14 Finland is nearly done... you're next :nervous:

Im really looking forward to the Prague show for you :lol: 

(little bit jealous though :ph34r:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Andy14 Finland is nearly done... you're next :nervous:

Im really looking forward to the Prague show for you :lol: 

(little bit jealous though :ph34r:

Aww, thank you :hug:

But omg, I'm not ready AT ALL :nervous:. It still feels as far as it was a year ago :nervous:

Is there something I need to take, do, say? :wow: 

If I fuck up I'll have another chance in Vienna :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Aww, thank you :hug:

But omg, I'm not ready AT ALL :nervous:. It still feels as far as it was a year ago :nervous:

Is there something I need to take, do, say? :wow: 

If I fuck up I'll have another chance in Vienna :rofl-lol:

That is how I felt, even when I was lining up :lol:

Take sun block, sun hat, sunglasses, your tickets!! 

Yes, if you mess up like me and end up regretting everything lol you will at least have a few days to have a word with yourself :P

• Like 1