GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This? 

IMG_3267.JPG.ac39d30db00aaad02a70781172f17a53.JPG

Thanks! But no, but it's very similar. Maybe even the same fotoshoot. I always thought it was from before 1985. But with Duff and Slash in it, it must be at least 86, right? Anyway, it was before touring with The Cult and that singer's girlfriend as nothing to do with Axl's bandana or his straight hair. :D

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe he plans on ditching GnR altogether and running off with her to make movie and game soundtracks :lol:

Thats what they're both into, right? 

In my head I picture Axl eloping with Melissa. Hand in hand, running into a bright future of game soundtracks and social media full of teenage slang and emojis.

Sorry for the double posting. I'm sleepless tonight and bored. :shrugs:

Edited by Tori72

43 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks for that. Really interesting. I also missed Stella's post in the old thread. I wonder though, because I am quite sure I have seen a picure of Izzy and Axl, leaning against a fence or something. Axl looks more like a hippie than anything else and is wearing a bandana. Or am I imagining this?

And what about his hair straightening? His hair is straight, right? Like in old mugshots.

I don't remember Axl with a bandana before 1987, but I haven't seen as many pictures as other people here. Your description of the Axl-Izzy picture vaguely reminds me of something though.

His hair wasn't completely straight in pictures from 1982-83, maybe because of the different haircut:

axl-rose-mugshot-2.jpg?itok=ZeJOs6cA

axlgina.jpg

axrapidf2.jpg.6416e5e1140dd8e26e9dbe9aea0f78e9.jpg

It looks like he had the same haircut in these Hollywood Rose pictures, but his hair are straightened:

axholrose2.png.bd1bed8eae115669f55a5bff699e0392.pngaxholrose.jpg.891e10e8809d2401c53d886a7dc99da2.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't remember Axl with a bandana ibefore 1987, but I haven't seen as many pictures as other people here. Your description of the Axl-Izzy picture vaguely reminds me of something though.

His hair wasn't completely straight in pictures from 1982-83, maybe because of the different haircut:

axl-rose-mugshot-2.jpg?itok=ZeJOs6cA

axlgina.jpg

axrapidf2.jpg.6416e5e1140dd8e26e9dbe9aea0f78e9.jpg

It looks like he had the same haircut in these Hollywood Rose pictures, but his hair are straightened:

axholrose2.png.bd1bed8eae115669f55a5bff699e0392.pngaxholrose.jpg.891e10e8809d2401c53d886a7dc99da2.jpg

True! Your're CSI Hair Department! B-) Axl is a natural curlyhead, who would have thought! 

43 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks! But no, but it's very similar. Maybe even the same fotoshoot. I always thought it was from before 1985. But with Duff and Slash in it, it must be at least 86, right? Anyway, it was before touring with The Cult and that singer's girlfriend as nothing to do with Axl's bandana or his straight hair. :D

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The exact date Axl started to wear a bandana IMG_3269.PNG.5a13549a5ab3716f5293a33acf785bc3.PNG

IMG_3270.PNG.e82becba0ce013a305517f8c27bf4c34.PNG

:lol:

Yes, I had a look in Marc Canter's book and there are pictures of Axl with a bandana from 1986.

So case closed. No credit to Ian Astbury's gf :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, I had a look in Marc Canter's book and there are pictures of Axl with a bandana from 1986.

I bloody love this thread. You cannot mess with the women's thread. We don't take shit from anyone! :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I bloody love this thread. You cannot mess with the women's thread. We don't take shit from anyone! :rofl-lol:

That's right :awesomeface:

-----

About "MelAxl": I don't think there's anything more than maybe that it's new to Axl to work with a female musician and he likes it.

46 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

axl-rose-guns-n-roses-hard-rock-izzy-str

The right one is the one I meant. Sorry couldn't find anything better that quickly.

Here are better versions of those pics in case you would need it for something :ph34r:

Výsledek obrázku

Výsledek obrázku

I think that a lot of girls can only wish to look as good in pink as Axl did :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I remember now and I thought he meant for the audience but from this video I can't really tell he's saying it to Melissa? Then he says "you're beautiful too, Frank" but it doesn't mean anything.

I'd need a closer video to give a final veredict.

There is this closer video (starts at 15:36), but it's still difficult to tell who he's saying it to (he also said something else with "beautiful" right before that) because the stage lights were out.

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There is this closer video (starts at 15:36), but it's still difficult to tell who he's saying it to (he also said something else with "beautiful" right before that) because the stage lights were out.

"You're beautiful too, Frank."

I love that for some reason.  I am not even going to try to figure out why. :lol:

• Like 3

I'm not sure I got Ian Astbury's comments right. Did he say Slash said something negative about the tour with The Cult on his book? That would be odd considering a year or so later he called Ian to sing on his album (and he did it) :P

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The exact date Axl started to wear a bandana IMG_3269.PNG.5a13549a5ab3716f5293a33acf785bc3.PNG

IMG_3270.PNG.e82becba0ce013a305517f8c27bf4c34.PNG

:lol:

How in hell can he remember that? :wow:

58 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I hear "sure it's beautiful here" but maybe I'm just hearing what I want 'cause that was here in Argentina :lol:

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I hear Sure is beautiful here. You're beautiful. You're beautiful too Frank.

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I'm not sure I got Ian Astbury's comments right. Did he say Slash said something negative about the tour with The Cult on his book? That would be odd considering a year or so later he called Ian to sing on his album (and he did it) :P

From what I remember, the only negative comment in Slash's book about The Cult and the tour with them was that their guitarist, Billy Duffy, was kind of a snob. Other than that, he said they got along very well with them.

How in hell can he remember that? :wow:

According to Marc's book (there is a picture with a Slash quote), that same show was also the premiere for Slash's top hat.

I hear "sure it's beautiful here" but maybe I'm just hearing what I want 'cause that was here in Argentina :lol:

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I hear Sure is beautiful here. You're beautiful. You're beautiful too Frank.

Yes, I heard the same, but I wasn't sure.

Edited by Blackstar
added

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That's correct. :thumbsup:

He started wearing them because of Erin and she bought them for him.

It makes all sense in the world what Canter says.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Thank You :)

My veredict is that he's not saying this to Melissa but to the audience.

Case closed.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Frey said:

1) WTF are these spots above Slash's nipples? :huh: Weird shadows? Hickeys? Infected bug bites? A skin disease? More weird spots also on his stomach in that scene, but I can't see those when he moves around, so it's probably just shadows/bad video quality.

the spots above Slash`s nipples is his tattoo, and i dont see any spots on his stomach so probably bad video quality :)

article-2348013-1A7EE74D000005DC-815_634

• Like 2

@RooSaa Thanks, you're right, I forgot Slash had that tat. He's got too many these days, I don't remember them all anymore :lol:

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There’s a camaraderie that we’ll have that nobody else will ever experience. My girlfriend at the time straightened Axl Rose’s hair and put one of my bandanas on his head and that became his look. That was my look!

http://2fast2die.com/2012/03/interview-cult-singer-ian-astbury-aims-new-weapon-at-sxsw-talks-then-now-beyond/

Ian Astbury (or his gf) may not be responsible for Axl wearing bandanas, but this is definite proof Axl was familiar with straightening irons lol.

@Tori72 There've been a lot of discussions in the old thread (and in other threads...) about Axl's hair and why it looks the way it looks today and so on. The quote above (and the pictures of young Axl that @Blackstar posted) all indicate to me that Axl's hair is just naturally a bit wavy and he used to straighten it a lot back in the day, but didn't when he was younger and doesn't now, hence the waves/curls. And I remember someone saying that his hair being shorter now / having been in shorter layers when he was younger makes it easier for the hair to curl as well.

10 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

"You're beautiful too, Frank."

I love that for some reason.  I am not even going to try to figure out why. :lol:

Yeah, right? :lol:

I can't explain it, but this made me laugh lol.

Seriously though, I think Axl and Melissa have some kind of big brother / little sister thing going on. But IF there's something more, I have to say I wouldn't be completely opposed to that. Like someone said, at least she's not some kind of socialte/model etc, she's not 20, and they seem to have a lot of common interests.

And they seem to be on the same level, maturity-wise :lol:

(Just kidding, I actually think Melissa is probably a pretty intelligent and ambitious woman in reality and the whole way she acts and talks is just some kind of cutesy hyper Asian girl persona she presents to the public or something.)

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I watched all of KOHD from Dubai and a little bit after the desert story Axl says it would be the Abu Dhabi desert ADD kind of like his ADHD. 

So, Axl has ADHD for definite? 

Its between the 7th and 8th minute on the song. 

ADHD? I only saw him talking about his "DDV" - his "Dubai Desert Virginity". This is what he said:

“When I came here tonight, there was an accident I guess on the freeway, and what turned into like a half hour drive, was gonna be a three and a half hour drive, and we’d have been very very late. So, I got to experience the real Dubai and we drove through the desert. And of course we got stuck in the sand. So see, I think I lost my virginity there. My Dubai Desert Virginity, my DDV. You gonna help me now?”

Or was there something else that I missed?

Edited by Frey
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Frey said:

@RooSaa Thanks, you're right, I forgot Slash had that tat. He's got too many these days, I don't remember them all anymore :lol:

Ian Astbury (or his gf) may not be responsible for Axl wearing bandanas, but this is definite proof Axl was familiar with straightening irons lol.

@Tori72 There've been a lot of discussions in the old thread (and in other threads...) about Axl's hair and why it looks the way it looks today and so on. The quote above (and the pictures of young Axl that @Blackstar posted) all indicate to me that Axl's hair is just naturally a bit wavy and he used to straighten it a lot back in the day, but didn't when he was younger and doesn't now, hence the waves/curls. And I remember someone saying that his hair being shorter now / having been in shorter layers when he was younger makes it easier for the hair to curl as well.

Yeah, right? :lol:

I can't explain it, but this made me laugh lol.

Seriously though, I think Axl and Melissa have some kind of big brother / little sister thing going on. But IF there's something more, I have to say I wouldn't be completely opposed to that. Like someone said, at least she's not some kind of socialte/model etc, she's not 20, and they seem to have a lot of common interests.

And they seem to be on the same level, maturity-wise :lol:

(Just kidding, I actually think Melissa is probably a pretty intelligent and ambitious woman in reality and the whole way she acts and talks is just some kind of cutesy hyper Asian girl persona she presents to the public or something.)

ADHD? I only saw him talking about his "DDV" - his "Dubai Desert Virginity". This is what he said:

“When I came here tonight, there was an accident I guess on the freeway, and what turned into like a half hour drive, was gonna be a three and a half hour drive, and we’d have been very very late. So, I got to experience the real Dubai and we drove through the desert. And of course we got stuck in the sand. So see, I think I lost my virginity there. My Dubai Desert Virginity, my DDD. You gonna help me now?”

Or was there something else that I missed?

Yes, further in the song after he said that little story, he says it was his Abu Dhabi desert virginity, ADD - kinda like his ADHD. 

You have to wait for a little bit after the first story. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I watched all of KOHD from Dubai and a little bit after the desert story Axl says it would be the Abu Dhabi desert ADD kind of like his ADHD. 

So, Axl has ADHD for definite? 

Its between the 7th and 8th minute on the song. 

:rofl-lol:

omg what I hear is "my AIDS"

:rofl-lol:

It's by minute 7:11 but I don't think he says ADHD. It's something else.

44 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, further in the song after he said that little story, he says it was his Abu Dhabi desert virginity, ADD - kinda like his ADHD. 

You have to wait for a little bit after the first story. 

You're right, I'm sorry. I stopped listening to the song after the first story because I can't stand KOHD lol.

But yeah, ADHD:

"... that would be the Abu Dhabi Desert Virginity, right? It's like ADDV. Kinda like my ADHD."

@killuridols I watched two different videos of KOHD and he definitely says ADHD.

That said, I wouldn't really take it as definite proof of anything. A lot of people joke about having ADD/ADHD. And in the other video I saw you can see Axl grinning when he says that as well.

On the other hand, it's not a far-fetched diagnosis for Axl. His school teachers did make him sound like a kid with ADHD in their descriptions and some of his adult behavior fits as well. It's quite possible he acquired an ADHD diagnosis somewhere along the way.

Either way, first time Axl has brought up anything mental health-related about himself in a long time though, so definitely interesting. Thanks for pointing that out @MillionsOfSpiders.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2