GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

55 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think the conclusion derives from context. He first says "sure it's beautiful here" and then he goes "you're beautiful", to finish with "you're beautiful too, Frank".

The second "You're beautiful", deriving from context, I think he means the audience. But it could well fit to Melissa, I know... if we could only see who he's facing when saying it.

But I really doubt he'd say that to Melissa. Axl is aware of how people read his comments and everything he does and I don't think he wants people reading into that so, that's why

We have debated this to death in the other thread and the theory of him having a hair transplant is also plausible, since now his hair looks nothing like his old one.

When he was young, I always thought to myself he would end up bald quickly because I could sense his hair being so little and so thin. Now it's thick and wavy but also, the curls happen in only one side of his head so :wacko:

Maybe. I always wonder how much awareness Axl has about how we read into everything he does, and how "spontaneous" he really is now. That "you are beautiful" comment though sounded pretty heartfelt, and it really warmed my heart in the moment- whoever the recipient was, it's not that common to hear this man express affection in an open way, is it?

Also, I love the hair debate! It 's funny how this issue keeps being brought up. I agree with the people that think he dyes it and that his current curls are just a result of thinning hair. But I keep asking myself: Does he actually like the way it looks now? Personally, I have a feeling he doesn't, because for starters he keeps hiding it - I mean, why else would he wear those woolen hats when he's indoors!? :wacko: 

1 hour ago, solstar said:

Maybe. I always wonder how much awareness Axl has about how we read into everything he does, and how "spontaneous" he really is now. That "you are beautiful" comment though sounded pretty heartfelt, and it really warmed my heart in the moment- whoever the recipient was, it's not that common to hear this man express affection in an open way, is it?

Also, I love the hair debate! It 's funny how this issue keeps being brought up. I agree with the people that think he dyes it and that his current curls are just a result of thinning hair. But I keep asking myself: Does he actually like the way it looks now? Personally, I have a feeling he doesn't, because for starters he keeps hiding it - I mean, why else would he wear those woolen hats when he's indoors!? :wacko: 

I think he's totally aware of what is said about him everywhere. That's why you don't see him giving interviews here or there.

Not sure about the dye because it destroys your hair and his current color looks pretty natural, as opposed to most people who dye it blond. As I said before, he's got curls only in one side so that looks more like the work of a curling wand than natural curling.

It seems he likes it, otherwise he would have done something about it a long tome ago. :facepalm:

When he wears the woolen hats I think that's basically to hide that he didn't comb it or didn't wash it :lol: and the rest of the hats is for taming that wild frizzy hair.

If he'd get a nice haircut like Duff he wouldn't have trouble anymore. But he's stubborn AF :bitchfight:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I think he's totally aware of what is said about him everywhere. That's why you don't see him giving interviews here or there.

Not sure about the dye because it destroys your hair and his current color looks pretty natural, as opposed to most people who dye it blond. As I said before, he's got curls only in one side so that looks more like the work of a curling wand than natural curling.

It seems he likes it, otherwise he would have done something about it a long tome ago. :facepalm:

When he wears the woolen hats I think that's basically to hide that he didn't comb it or didn't wash it :lol: and the rest of the hats is for taming that wild frizzy hair.

If he'd get a nice haircut like Duff he wouldn't have trouble anymore. But he's stubborn AF :bitchfight:

Mmmm I'm not that sure of how aware he is - it seems to me that he lives pretty much in his own world most of the time, locked up in his room, doing God knows what. :facepalm: Also, while he's on stage he seems more relaxed than in interviews, and then I get the feeling he expresses himself more openly. Defintely way less than before though.

About his hair colour, it looks so not natural to me. I figure a man his age would have more greying hair by now.  :shrugs: And about the curls, having thin hair myself, I can say from experience that having them unevenly spread is not uncommon. Thin hair is a nightmare, it does what it wants and it's not easy to tame. (Thank God for keratine! :lol:)  I'm with you though that dirty uncombed hair could be the reason for the woolen hats, and wild frizz for the others, but then again this would prove that he doesn't like the frizz (or the dirt :lol:), so why doesn't he do something about it is beyond me :facepalm: It'd be so easily solved with a nice haircut as you said, or with some keratine treatment. Jeez

On 3/4/2017 at 4:09 PM, BlueJean Baby said:

For all of us who will be suffering from lack of pics and news while they take a break from the road, I just saw this on Facebook... I think I may have this disease:

82591_1488628990291_Gildan_Men_Black_w91

Ok I need this. UGH!

• Like 1

Regarding Axl's hair :P I read around here that he used to straightened his hair and his hair is originally wavy, not straight. I don't know if there is hair rebonding or hair smoothing at that time that could temporary but for long time make your hair straight but if there is he might use it at that time. And I think his fading red hair color to blonde could be because it fades as age goes or because it's broken by those years of cornrows and before that rebonding, ironing, and such.

Can also explain the frizzy hair.

He could do some hair spa, any other hair treatment and use conditioner and vitamin. :rofl-lol: damn those days his hair is goals, I can't even have such smooth hair.

So, regarding Axl's hair :facepalm::awesomeface:

The whole "why doesn't he do anything about it" is so beyond me, I don't have words. His hair was so gorgeous, as we all know. And it was so on every single foto. Maybe not at the end of the show, but still. 

Maybe he stopped caring about the way he looks? That would explain the fat he had to loose nowadays? From my experience, exceptionally beautiful people tend to care about their looks up to old age. Because they always look bloody great for their age. As would - or could - Axl. 

I know most of you still find him exceptionally handsome and all. But just compare to how Duff or even Slash maintain their personal care. I see differences. It's weird to me.

12 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Ok, I have to say it, I waited for a couple of days but nothing has changed....so...here I go...

I'm seriously worried about the purpose and existence of this whole thread. You've been discussing the "You are beautiful" incident, but nobody....not a single one....not even @dgnr....or @melina i (girl, I know you are new here, but rules are rules)....I can't even say that....nobody said: "Of course that Axl said that to Slash:no:

How dare you? :max: What are we here for? Where is our legacy for future generations? :unsure:

You know, you're right, we are losing quality indeed, but actually it's Slaxl fault. Remember that time when Axl said something like 'That's some bad ass shit you're playing' and we were all excited because we thought it was for Slash, but then we found out it was for Frank-you-can-tell-it's-Brownstone-when-the-chorus-hits-Ferrer?

This thing with Melissa was the same, I was away for the weekend and only came to this thread yesterday night to end up seeing some #melaxl ( :vomit:) instead of Slaxl from the Dubai concert, Slaxl from the airplane, Slaxl arriving to LAX together, Slaxl ala Samantha from 'Sex and The City 2' in Abu Dhabi, so I gave up on life right there and decided not to get involved - besides, I never understand shit of what Axl says on stage anyway :P Still, I promise I'll be back by the time of our party, when I see the Slaxl live and faint ;):rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

37 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

E1Scse.jpg

Am I the only one that when sees 'In Slaxl we trust' thinks 'It's Slaxl or Bust' right away? :ph34r:

And yeah, @Frey, this decrease of quality is also your fault!! As a chairman you should do more activities to keep the other members interested in the club. Like posting cute pics of these two, with the caption 'awwww :wub:', in a daily basis, make gifs, write a book, plant a tree...I don't know, you are the boss, just go for it :shrugs::P 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, solstar said:

Mmmm I'm not that sure of how aware he is - it seems to me that he lives pretty much in his own world most of the time, locked up in his room, doing God knows what. :facepalm: Also, while he's on stage he seems more relaxed than in interviews, and then I get the feeling he expresses himself more openly. Defintely way less than before though.

About his hair colour, it looks so not natural to me. I figure a man his age would have more greying hair by now.  :shrugs: And about the curls, having thin hair myself, I can say from experience that having them unevenly spread is not uncommon. Thin hair is a nightmare, it does what it wants and it's not easy to tame. (Thank God for keratine! :lol:)  I'm with you though that dirty uncombed hair could be the reason for the woolen hats, and wild frizz for the others, but then again this would prove that he doesn't like the frizz (or the dirt :lol:), so why doesn't he do something about it is beyond me :facepalm: It'd be so easily solved with a nice haircut as you said, or with some keratine treatment. Jeez

My mother in law has thin hair, but the first gray hair at the age of seventy It´s possible that Axl still has natural hair color.

9 hours ago, tifalucis said:

Regarding Axl's hair :P I read around here that he used to straightened his hair and his hair is originally wavy, not straight. I don't know if there is hair rebonding or hair smoothing at that time that could temporary but for long time make your hair straight but if there is he might use it at that time. And I think his fading red hair color to blonde could be because it fades as age goes or because it's broken by those years of cornrows and before that rebonding, ironing, and such.

Can also explain the frizzy hair.

He could do some hair spa, any other hair treatment and use conditioner and vitamin. :rofl-lol: damn those days his hair is goals, I can't even have such smooth hair.

OK I did some research into straight hair turning curly. It can happen for various reasons. Straight hair generally has a flatter hair follicle, and grows straight out of the scalp. Curly hair follicles are rounder and tend to grow out of the scalp more hooked. 

Medications and change in hormones in the body which can come from age, can cause changes in hair growth and hair texture. Gray hairs also can be of a different texture and type.

Hair dye, when used properly, does not destroy hair. I have been dying mine over thirty years and have no issues with my hair and it is very long and straight. I dye mine myself, when I got it done at the salon, I had problems with it because their products are more harsh.  My cousin and his wife owned one of the largest salons in Atlanta and also confirmed that to me. 

Blow dryers, curling irons, straighteners do way more damage to hair follicles, especially on baby fine hair.

With that said, everyone has different hair types, so all we are doing is speculating, which really gets us nowhere. :shrugs:

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Added to it

9 hours ago, solstar said:

I think he is too aware of anything that he says and the way we all take it or the media take it. He used to say quite a bit when he was on stage, from what I see on YouTube. Not so much any more. 

Each time he has come here to England and I've been to see him, he has literally said nothing to us, except thanks for coming out at the end of the show and a silly remark to people leaving in their droves due to the late start at one show. It was really weird. Everyone I spoke to commented on it. 

I get the feeling he doesn't like us here, I think he likes the country but not his fans here, it doesn't really go too well for him a lot here and the media are ridiculous. :( 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think he is too aware of anything that he says and the way we all take it or the media take it. He used to say quite a bit when he was on stage, from what I see on YouTube. Not so much any more. 

Each time he has come here to England and I've been to see him, he has literally said nothing to us, except thanks for coming out at the end of the show and a silly remark to people leaving in their droves due to the late start at one show. It was really weird. Everyone I spoke to commented on it. 

I get the feeling he doesn't like us here, I think he likes the country but not his fans here, it doesn't really go too well for him a lot here and the media are ridiculous. :( 

We get the opposite here in Philadelphia. He's usually pretty chatty (at least for him).  Of course, we had the infamous concert cancellation in 2002, so he has some serious ass kissing to do for us.    When he came back ten years later he apologized  (but people still yelled "asshole" at him) and even last year he said something like "thanks for coming.  I would understand if you hadn't".  

5 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Ok, I have to say it, I waited for a couple of days but nothing has changed....so...here I go...

I'm seriously worried about the purpose and existence of this whole thread. You've been discussing the "You are beautiful" incident, but nobody....not a single one....not even @dgnr....or @melina i (girl, I know you are new here, but rules are rules)....I can't even say that....nobody said: "Of course that Axl said that to Slash:no:

How dare you? :max: What are we here for? Where is our legacy for future generations? :unsure:

@Frey you know that it's your responsibility, of course....you should do something with it, you're not a chairman for nothing :max:

E1Scse.jpg

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::smiley-confused2:

Yiss, you're right, the Slaxl stuff is hardly there,   I wish Axl said to Slash "you're beautiful" haha, or there was at least a bit interaction.  I watch all the concert videos like a crazy hoping for some Axl and Slash interactions ; however The only Slaxl times are when they tickle or lean or smile at each other, and this so rare;I thought was hoping this tour would bring them together

Seriously though, when this reunion happened, I though few things:  how will they sound together and more importantly how is Slaxl going to  tre at each other after all this time apart

They sound awesome in person music wise, but Slaxl are still somewhat cold to each other<_<  My favorite times are during their bows, at  least they're next to each other:wub:, even though it's only for show

But,still love  Axl and Slash,  Slaxl rules

BTW, I love your Slaxl Army membership, Im a big time member, haha:axl92::slash:

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

We get the opposite here in Philadelphia. He's usually pretty chatty (at least for him).  Of course, we had the infamous concert cancellation in 2002, so he has some serious ass kissing to do for us.    When he came back ten years later he apologized  (but people still yelled "asshole" at him) and even last year he said something like "thanks for coming.  I would understand if you hadn't".  

I remember that cancellation well, I had tickets to the next show in DC...:max:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I remember that cancellation well, I had tickets to the next show in DC...:max:

It was suppose to be my first GNR concert. I was livid. I threw out all my vinyls and old magazine clippings and swore I'd never listen to them again.  And, you see how well that worked out.  :)

1 hour ago, melina i said:

Yiss, you're right, the Slaxl stuff is hardly there,   I wish Axl said to Slash "you're beautiful" haha, or there was at least a bit interaction.  I watch all the concert videos like a crazy hoping for some Axl and Slash interactions ; however The only Slaxl times are when they tickle or lean or smile at each other, and this so rare;I thought was hoping this tour would bring them together

Seriously though, when this reunion happened, I though few things:  how will they sound together and more importantly how is Slaxl going to  tre at each other after all this time apart

They sound awesome in person music wise, but Slaxl are still somewhat cold to each other<_<  My favorite times are during their bows, at  least they're next to each other:wub:, even though it's only for show

But,still love  Axl and Slash,  Slaxl rules

BTW, I love your Slaxl Army membership, Im a big time member, haha:axl92::slash:

I have to say I am quite disappointed in the lack of  Slaxl too.  Makes me wonder how well they really do get along.   <_<At the  start of the tour I thought it would take a while for then to warm up to each other, but things haven't really changed.  There's never a random smile or interaction between them and after almost a year together, you'd think we'd have a bigger collection of Slaxl moments.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I have to say I am quite disappointed in the lack of  Slaxl too.  Makes me wonder how well they really do get along.   <_<At the  start of the tour I thought it would take a while for then to warm up to each other, but things haven't really changed.  There's never a random smile or interaction between them and after almost a year together, you'd think we'd have a bigger collection of Slaxl moments.  

This. I don't think Slaxl is real anymore - and never will be. Sorry. I could be happier with Slaxl alive, with Izzy and Steven on the stage. But well, I am just really glad all of them are alive, and at least the big 3 are playing together and continuing this tour. Honestly. I take what I can get.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

It was suppose to be my first GNR concert. I was livid. I threw out all my vinyls and old magazine clippings and swore I'd never listen to them again.  And, you see how well that worked out.  :)

Then I had tickets in 2006 for the show in Fresno, CA that also was cancelled. So I never have gotten to see them. Funny thing is that, yes I was disappointed that I wouldn't get to see them, but never got mad. I was more concerned about what the cancellations were doing to Axl. :shrugs:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Yes, I though exact thing; the tour would slowly bring them togetherr.  I wish them two would freaking sit in a room or wherever and once and for all get everything out their system , everything bothering them from past to present.

However, I'm glad also the 3 are at least on the same stage:heart:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, solstar said:

Yes I am that sure and also is....

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

We've been online and on forums for years so, not so much from this tour, but before with nuGN'R, Axl was totally aware of what was being said here and other Internet roads and sometimes he would comment onstage on different things. Being locked up in his room doesn't prevent him, actually encourages him, to surf the Internet and visit any place he wants to read.

Onstage he only makes jokes and talks silly things. So far, nothing of relevance or interest or seriousness regarding NOTHING. If he seems relaxed its because he plays goof and that's it. No rants, no talking about anything compromising. So yeah, of course, interviews make him nervous.

----

About hair... more grey hair depends on genetics. Some people don't get a lot of grey hair when they are old and others get them at a very young age. I think he does have some lighter hair, like around his neck and around his forehead but maybe, since he was a redhead, his grey hair doesnt look actually grey, but more like blond.

11 hours ago, Tori72 said:

So, regarding Axl's hair :facepalm::awesomeface:

The whole "why doesn't he do anything about it" is so beyond me, I don't have words. His hair was so gorgeous, as we all know. And it was so on every single foto. Maybe not at the end of the show, but still. 

Maybe he stopped caring about the way he looks? That would explain the fat he had to loose nowadays? From my experience, exceptionally beautiful people tend to care about their looks up to old age. Because they always look bloody great for their age. As would - or could - Axl. 

I know most of you still find him exceptionally handsome and all. But just compare to how Duff or even Slash maintain their personal care. I see differences. It's weird to me.

It seems to me he stopped caring about his looks and now tries to keep it cool to a minimum. What is beyond me is that he is surrounded by women and yet no one does anything about his hair :facepalm: So, I must conclude the state of his hair is only his fault and he's the one who doesn't wanna change :shrugs:

Depressed people tend to stop caring about looks, so that may be that.

I don't find him exceptionally handsome nowadays. He is indeed beautiful in the face, I saw him close and I can testify but all that beauty gets ruined with the way his hair is and with some of his wardrobe choices.

Most part of his life he loved to dress androgynous but it comes an age when you can't pull that look anymore. Same goes for hair: long hair in old people looks BAD, specially in men, and let's dont get started if on top of that, the hair is poorly done. Big failure.

7 hours ago, dgnr said:

You know, you're right, we are losing quality indeed, but actually it's Slaxl fault. Remember that time when Axl said something like 'That's some bad ass shit you're playing' and we were all excited because we thought it was for Slash, but then we found out it was for Frank-you-can-tell-it's-Brownstone-when-the-chorus-hits-Ferrer?

This thing with Melissa was the same, I was away for the weekend and only came to this thread yesterday night to end up seeing some #melaxl ( :vomit:) instead of Slaxl from the Dubai concert, Slaxl from the airplane, Slaxl arriving to LAX together, Slaxl ala Samantha from 'Sex and The City 2' in Abu Dhabi, so I gave up on life right there and decided not to get involved - besides, I never understand shit of what Axl says on stage anyway :P Still, I promise I'll be back by the time of our party, when I see the Slaxl live and faint ;):rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

lol BUT GIRL, WE'VE BEEN LOSING QUALITY FOR 5 MONTHS ALREADY!!! :lol::rofl-lol::lol:

Everything's so oily and greasy around here lately :facepalm:

Not even @Lumikki is around anymore :unsure:

Total abandonment. Total lack of depth. This nuWomen'sThread sucks like there's no tomorrow and none of us, old hags, are doing anything about it............why is thaaaaaaaat? (*in a Baz voice*) :lol:

The #MelAxl thing is totally vomitive, I know :vomit:............ it is AS NON-EXISTENT AS THE ..... SLAXL!!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Shame, shame, shame, shame on all of you who got a life and never cared about this thread anymore :max::max::max:

5797f57aa2718_AxlspitsonDuff.gif.0927065499f74ef2fe4361cf50e1029d.gif

• Like 1