GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

3 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Ain't that cute?:lol:

What's wrong with Bon Jovi?:max:

You know in the past Axl didnt like Him,  I dont know He still dont like Him or not causeI heard a story of Axl Baz N'Bon have a dinner together

"Bon Jovi can suck My dick! ":axl92:

Edited by SerenityScorp

21 minutes ago, Frey said:

@dgnr @Andy14 @SerenityScorp Yeah yeah, all the Slaxl moments you can think of :lol:

Yeah, that's the problem, he's completely isolated to some extent.

And TB must be ridiculously dumb if they think throwing some 20 year old Brazilian model (who's got nothing in common with Axl, barely speaks English and probably finds him disgusting) is gonna work out or is gonna make Axl happy.

Last sentence: I'm worried about the same thing. Beta's not gonna live forever or will need care herself and Vanessa and Fernando will be busy with their own families. I really don't want him to become a lonely, miserable old geezer wandering around that house all alone on the hill.

It's kinda delaying the inevitable though isn't it? TB assimilated into Axl's life when everyone else were leaving him (either through death or his own actions). If feel a little harsh for saying this, but the onus is on Axl for the state of his social life. Perhaps TB are they only one that can stand to be around him long-term...:shrugs:

3 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

You know in the past Axl didnt like Him,  I dont know He still dont like Him or not causeI heard a story of Axl Baz N'Bon have a dinner together

I don't think Axl disliked Jon Bon Jovi as a person but rather the image and music Bon Jovi represented. The early days of Guns was all about having a separate image to all the other bands at the time. For example, what Axl said about Iron Maiden in the '88 Donington interview - I think it was a difference of musical tastes with some posing thrown in there.

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

It's kinda delaying the inevitable though isn't it? TB assimilated into Axl's life when everyone else were leaving him (either through death or his own actions). If feel a little harsh for saying this, but the onus is on Axl for the state of his social life. Perhaps TB are they only one that can stand to be around him long-term...:shrugs:

I really don't think TB are the only ones who can stand to be around him long-term. They're not that special or amazing. But they're at least partly to blame for Axl being so isolated. There are plenty of people who wanted to be around Axl over the years, but TB kept them away, in both direct and indirect ways.

Add to that Axl's natural tendency to be sensitive, moody, introverted and reclusive and you get what we have now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Frey said:

There are plenty of people who wanted to be around Axl over the years, but TB kept them away, in both direct and indirect ways.

Maybe I'm forgetting shit again but other than Baz I don't recall anyone else that specifically said that they wanted to be around Axl as his friend. Oh wait, Izzy did say something to that regard as well but he also stated that one of the major reasons he quit the band was Axl.

Just think about it; media turning his life and music into a joke, 2 failed romantic relationship, a shit load of lawsuits, 'friends' leaving the band or dying left and right. Iirc Slash mentioned that he actively a avoided any contact from Axl after he quit. In the 90's it seems Axl's life really was going down the shit-hole and at that point he only found Beta as a support. 

There may be other people that can stand to be around him but I doubt they differ that much from the type of people that are already in his circle of friends. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

From Sebastian Bach's book:

Hide contents

We got back to the hotel, which happened to be the Mandarin Oriental, on London’s prestigious West End. Sat down at the bar downstairs and started inhaling bottles of red wine. Axl started getting into a good mood. The waitress approached us. “Hi! Axl! Sebastian! Do you know who is sitting over there?” she whispered to us. We both shook our heads. “Jon Bon Jovi.” [...] I stood up and walked over to Jon. He looked up from his glass of wine and stared at me. [...]

I invited him over to Axl’s table and we all sat down. The Italian wine flowing, we discussed the business of rock ’n’ roll, what we were all doing. Axl had told me he admired Jon’s business acumen. We talked about the tour and had a great conversation. At one point, I congratulated Jon on his latest single, which was a country crossover track called “Who Says You Can’t Go Home.” It was a hit, and based on that, I congratulated Jon on his success. Jon said “thanks a lot” and looked over at Axl. Axl did not say a word. The next day, I was with Axl. “Hey man! That was really cool of you to congratulate Jon on the success of his song!!” Axl turned to me and snapped. “I never fucking congratulated him on the success of his fucking song! That was you! I never said anything! I never said that!!” Evidently, Axl wasn’t a fan of the song.

:lol:

Hah! :lol: That's hilarious. Still feeling a bit touchy about the JBJ subject it seems lol.

It's a good example of what you need to be like to be around Axl though: easy-going and chill.

Baz is a prime example of that. He doesn't get offended easily and won't get mad if Axl snaps at him.

Duff is another example. Not easy-going in the same way Baz is, but in an "I know he has issues, so I'm patient and kind and dont take it personally" way.

Even TB are like that to some extent with their happy-go-lucky South American attitude. When Axl behaves like a toddler, Beta apparently just walks away and leaves him to it until he calms down.

34 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Maybe I'm forgetting shit again but other than Baz I don't recall anyone else that specifically said that they wanted to be around Axl as his friend. Oh wait, Izzy did say something to that regard as well but he also stated that one of the major reasons he quit the band was Axl.

Just think about it; media turning his life and music into a joke, 2 failed romantic relationship, a shit load of lawsuits, 'friends' leaving the band or dying left and right. Iirc Slash mentioned that he actively a avoided any contact from Axl after he quit. In the 90's it seems Axl's life really was going down the shit-hole and at that point he only found Beta as a support. 

There may be other people that can stand to be around him but I doubt they differ that much from the type of people that are already in his circle of friends. 

Baz, Izzy, Marc Canter, Duff, various other unnamed people Marc Canter mentioned as not being able to get a hold of Axl, Axl's brother, Axl's sister and her family, some of the girls from back in the day like Pamela Manning, Del James (though that one is kinda part of the freak show too). Other people we're not aware of (because I really doubt we know everyone Axl hangs out with/is friends with). Some of these people were always around, others wanted to be around and couldn't. Hell, even Slash clearly wanted back into Axl's life by the mid 2000s in some way or another.

Honestly, I really don't think Axl is that hard to be around as a friend (not speaking about romantic relationships). He's not the most mentally stable guy in the world and has his issues, but apart from that? He's probably not that difficult if you've got a good amount of patience, empathy, a thick skin and a dark or wry sense of humor. But I'm a very easy-going and rather Duff-like guy as well, so that's probably what colors my perception.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:
19 minutes ago, Frey said:

There are plenty of people who wanted to be around Axl over the years, but TB kept them away, in both direct and indirect ways.

I wonder what happened with some of Axl's old friends. Dave Lank, for example, was his best friend from Indiana and they continued to be very close during the GnR heyday. I read somewhere that Lank was still around until at least the 00s, maybe not as much as before, but they were still friends. Paul Tobias must have also been around after he left NuGnR, because Axl was defending him in the 2008 chats so it didn't seem that there was a fallout between them. I wonder what happened with them. Probably they have their own lives now, but maybe they are still at least in contact.

22 minutes ago, Frey said:

Hah! :lol: That's hilarious. Still feeling a bit touchy about the JBJ subject it seems lol.

It's a good example of what you need to be like to be around Axl though: easy-going and chill.

Baz is a prime example of that. He doesn't get offended easily and won't get mad if Axl snaps at him.

Duff is another example. Not easy-going in the same way Baz is, but in an "I know he has issues, so I'm patient and kind and dont take it personally" way.

Even TB are like that to some extent with their happy-go-lucky South American attitude. When Axl behaves like a toddler, Beta apparently just walks away and leaves him to it until he calms down.

Baz, Izzy, Marc Canter, Duff, various other unnamed people Marc Canter mentioned as not being able to get a hold of Axl, Axl's brother, Axl's sister and her family, some of the girls from back in the day like Pamela Manning, Del James (though that one is kinda part of the freak show too). Other people we're not aware of (because I really doubt we know everyone Axl hangs out with/is friends with). Some of these people were always around, others wanted to be around and couldn't. Hell, even Slash clearly wanted back into Axl's life by the mid 2000s in some way or another.

Honestly, I really don't think Axl is that hard to be around as a friend (not speaking about romantic relationships). He's not the most mentally stable guy in the world and has his issues, but apart from that? He's probably not that difficult if you've got a good amount of patience, empathy, a thick skin and a dark or wry sense of humor. But I'm a very easy-going and rather Duff-like guy as well, so that's probably what colors my perception.

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I wonder what happened with some of Axl's old friends. Dave Lank, for example, was his best friend from Indiana and they continued to be very close during the GnR heyday. I read somewhere that Lank was still around until at least the 00s, maybe not as much as before, but they were still friends. Paul Tobias must have also been around after he left NuGnR, because Axl was defending him in the 2008 chats so it didn't seem that there was a fallout between them. I wonder what happened with them. Probably they have their own lives now, but maybe they are still at least in contact.

Oh yeah, right, I forgot about people like Dave Lank and Paul Tobias. Those can be added to the list as well. Also Dana Gregory, but he and Axl had a falling out over a woman apparently according to that article. I think things between Axl and people like Lank or Tobias are either still cool or they grew apart because of life circumstances, like you say.

Honestly, I think it's a myth that Axl doesn't have (or isn't capable of having) long-term relationships. Some of these people (the Indiana friends, Amy, Stuart,...) have been around his entire life. Izzy as well more or less. Duff and Slash technically count as long-term relationships again now too lol.

And people like Sante D'Orazio. Guy was around in the early 90s, during the mystery years (1997 to be exact), 2006, 2016. Don't know much about him, but he never went away apparently.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

That's natural lightening of his hair. And to those who think he should die it, well as my hairdresser always says to me that's blasphemy. It will kill that color.

Funny story, I once tried to have my hair highlighted. I went with coppery tones similar to my own color. They looked great but the next day the highlights were gone. I was confused. I'd paid good money. I went back to the salon and the manager told me that the stylist would have had to bleach my hair of color first and that her personally she would have never done it. She said honey, people pay big time to try to get your color and on top of that it's so hard to dye. She didn't know why the stylist would even do it.

Of course my eyes were huge because I would have never done it either. However, I wasn't told this and was out money. They gave me my money back no problem. I went to 3 other well known salons and each one said they wouldn't touch my tone of red and that stylist should have known my color is hard to dye. 

I really wanted those highlights but wasn't gonna risk bleaching my hair. My cousin has strawberry blonde and gets hers done all the time. Hers, being lighter will hold the dye a bit better I'm told.

I love my hair color but wanted those highlights. 

On another note when I was younger I put that dye in that washes out in 5 washes. It was a maroon shade. It never washed out. I had to let it grow out. It was for a school spirit thing.

So I learned my lesson with trying to highlight my hair or add other shades of red even. I'd never want to change my color completely but I envy you ladies who can highlight your hair.

Want to add my hair has a natural curl to it as well.

That was a nice reading! :thumbsup:

I don't think he dies his hair either because I've noticed some grey or lighter blonde hairs around his neck, like in this video..

xcu7io.jpg

24euo9v.jpg

an0do7.jpg

And yeah, all of your hairdressers gave you a good advice in not letting you dye your hair because dye is one of the worst chemicals for the hair, along with the permanent ironing or straigthening....

If you have a nice natural color and you keep your hair healthy, I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply dye in all of it. Unless its some highlights or one of those dyes that are not permanent.

I've been dying my hair since I was 17 and it was cool back then but my hair experimented changes throughout the years and now that I'mv starting to get some grey hairs, it sucks too much.

I need a lot of care to make it look good and I dont even dye it that often, but still, when it's starting to fade my hair turns frizzy and hard. I cant comb it or do anything naturally nice with it until I apply new dye again :(

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

He loves us? Tss...only 3 emojis, he hates us :max::no::cry:. Come on Axl, you can do better :max::P

I've completely forgotten it's the women's day today, now I know why I've seen so many desperate men with a fugly bunch of flowers today :rofl-lol: 

So happy international women's thread day lol :hug::devilshades::wub:rock4

lol I forgot too and this morning, when I went to the bakery people were greeting me and I was like "wtf is it my birthday?" :rofl-lol:

Little those idiots know there's nothing to celebrate today and a bunch of flowers doesn't make up for the mistreatment we receive daily.

So, like the unhappy little ogre that I am, I say to men and women (who are chauvinist): :hahafyou: your flowers up the bottomssssssss!!!!

52 minutes ago, Frey said:

And TB must be ridiculously dumb if they think throwing some 20 year old Brazilian model (who's got nothing in common with Axl, barely speaks English and probably finds him disgusting) is gonna work out or is gonna make Axl happy.

Last sentence: I'm worried about the same thing. Beta's not gonna live forever or will need care herself and Vanessa and Fernando will be busy with their own families. I really don't want him to become a lonely, miserable old geezer wandering around that house all alone on the hill.

Yeah but they want to set up some of their friends, that's why they insist with those stupid girls. I'm glad it hasn't work out so far :lol:

When Beta can't take care of him anymore I think the young TB will pay for assistance to help them with him.......... well, I hope they do that, because the other option would be to put him in a care center and throw him there like so many children do with their disposable parents :facepalm:

Now, man, I don't wanna think what he's gonna be like when he hits older age. If he's already a pain in the ass, by age 70 he's gonna be grumpier than my soul :confused:

uh-oh- :scared:

-------

BTW, Frey..... LOL look at this :rofl-lol:

2b5zk8.jpg

:P

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Frey said:

Some of those people are already part of his social circle right now, as you have already stated. Plus I think people like Baz, Marc, Izzy and Duff would be casual acquaintances at best, not even people you would talk to every other day (maybe a phone call every couple of months). They wanted to contact him but did they want him in there day-to-day life, past actions seem to indicate otherwise. Thus it doesn't help the " miserable old geezer wandering around that house all alone on the hill. " scenario you painted earlier.

Edited by KiraMPD

Axl is hardly innocent, :vomit:.  He's a grown ass guy and a big time millionaire, w/tons of of adoring fans.  Whatever problems he has/or had in his past, his millions could get him tools meds, therapy , or having a safe place , his house, to get away and be secure from craze people,  acquire him help  are way   easier, than your averag  poor working joe without any extra cash or tools to help him/ her mental issues or whatever.  Everybody acts like TB is completely controlling him, he's fucking 55 a adult, he can kick them to curb if he wants and do his own decisions,  There comes a point certain age, where everybody is responsible for their own decisions, problems, etc.  g TB is creepy, however., I think Axl likes them since they're the only ones who wouldput w/his erratic behavior all this time, everybode else would esxape

Edited by chers

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

2b5zk8.jpg

:ph34r::rofl-lol:

Before I forget....I found this horrible pic on IG the other day and I think this is the right occasion to post it...A bunch of Roses for all the wo(men) and our chairman @Frey, of course :wub:

16754491_10208632408791966_626454782_n.png?oh=faae08b26c713a569c57eb986b38ac10&oe=58C2E066

:rofl-lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chers said:

Axl is hardly innocent, :vomit:.  He's a grown ass guy and a big time millionaire, w/tons of of adoring fans.  Whatever problems he has/or had in his past, his millions could get him tools meds, therapy , or having a safe place , his house, to get away and be secure from craze people,  acquire him help  are way   easier, than your averag  poor working joe without any extra cash or tools to help him/ her mental issues or whatever.  Everybody acts like TB is completely controlling him, he's fucking 55 a adult, he can kick them to curb if he wants and do his own decisions,  There comes a point certain age, where everybody is responsible for their own decisions, problems, etc.  g TB is creepy, however., I think Axl likes them since they're the only ones who wouldput w/his erratic behavior all this time, everybode else would esxape

Yes. It is VEEEEEEEERY simple to kick out a whole family out of your life, a group of people who've been handling your money, your band, your business for decades... just like that... and find a replacement in minutes.

lol too much lol :lol:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah but they want to set up some of their friends, that's why they insist with those stupid girls. I'm glad it hasn't work out so far :lol:

When Beta can't take care of him anymore I think the young TB will pay for assistance to help them with him.......... well, I hope they do that, because the other option would be to put him in a care center and throw him there like so many children do with their disposable parents :facepalm:

Now, man, I don't wanna think what he's gonna be like when he hits older age. If he's already a pain in the ass, by age 70 he's gonna be grumpier than my soul :confused:

uh-oh- :scared:

-------

2b5zk8.jpg

Maybe they can put Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy into the same care center. Then they can all be grumpy together and bicker with each other all day long :lol:

And yeah, that's me. How did you find out? :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Some of those people are already part of his social circle right now. Plus I think people like Baz, Marc, Izzy and Duff would be casual acquaintances at best, not even people you would talk to every other day (maybe a phone call every couple of months). They wanted to contact him but did they want him in there day-to-day life, past actions seem to indicate otherwise. Thus it doesn't help the " miserable old geezer wandering around that house all alone on the hill. " scenario you painted earlier.

You said people who "wanted to be around Axl as his friend". Do you live with your friends, see them every day and will spend your retirement living with them? I don't. Thus, the above mentioned qualify as people who wanted to be around him as friends. And I don't think it matters all that much how often they see each other. I only get to see some of my closest friends pretty rarely due to life circumstances getting in the way, but that doesn't mean we're not tight.

3 minutes ago, chers said:

:facepalm: Way too simplistic. Doesn't really matter how rich or famous or whatever he is. There are countless examples of rich people who on a surface level "have it all" and yet still struggle with life and fail miserably in various areas. Axl is only one of many. The human mind is a complex thing and if you add mental illness and emotional issues to that, all bets are off.

And as @killuridols correctly pointed out, they're completely enmeshed in every area of his life. No such thing as simply "kicking them out". Axl would need a lot of help and support to get rid of them, but he probably is too scared to get rid of them anyway, so it's a moot point in reality.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Yes. It is VEEEEEEEERY simple to kick out a whole family out of your life, a group of people who've been handling your money, your band, your business for decades... just like that... and find a replacement in minutes.

lol too much lol :lol:

The point is he's a grown ass adult, yet people keep blaming everyone around him at his problems, he can do whatever fucking decision he wants, he can keep the people around, but he's responsible at some point for his own problems, everyone is

9 minutes ago, Frey said:

Maybe they can put Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy into the same care center. Then they can all be grumpy together and bicker with each other all day long :lol:

hahaah yeah a care center for elder rock icons........ that'd be fuuuuuuuuuuuun :P

-------

We were playing around with the stickers from the FB messanger and found you (while we talk shit about other forum members :ph34r:)

9 minutes ago, chers said:

The point is he's a grown ass adult, yet people keep blaming everyone around him at his problems, he can do whatever fucking decision he wants, he can keep the people around, but he's responsible at some point for his own problems, everyone is

Who blamed who or what? where? when and how? :suspicious:

I don't know what you're talking about or where you came up with all that because no one here blamed anyone about nothing.

12 minutes ago, Frey said:

You said people who "wanted to be around Axl as his friend". Do you live with your friends, see them every day and will spend your retirement living with them? I don't. Thus, the above mentioned qualify as people who wanted to be around him as friends. And I don't think it matters all that much how often they see each other. I only get to see some of my closest friends pretty rarely due to life circumstances getting in the way, but that doesn't mean we're not tight.

:facepalm: Way too simplistic. Doesn't really matter how rich or famous or whatever he is. There are countless examples of rich people who on a surface level "have it all" and yet still struggle with life and fail miserably in various areas. Axl is only one of many. The human mind is a complex thing and if you add mental illness and emotional issues to that, all bets are off.

And as @killuridols correctly pointed out, they're completely enmeshed in every area of his life. No such thing as simply "kicking them out". Axl would need a lot of help and support to get rid of them, but he probably is too scared to get rid of them anyway, so it's a moot point in reality.

If a regular, everyday, person has mental issues or whatever, do you agree it's harder for them to acquire the same tools, poor millionaire Axl could. This what I mean My point is he has it easier than your regular person , and it's no about keeping or dumping Team fucking Brazil its about responsibility for his own actions, you talk like they have him chained up in his house ffs  Why does everyone stick up for him like he's greater than anything on this world

2 minutes ago, chers said:

If a regular, everyday, person has mental issues or whatever, do you agree it's harder for them to acquire the same tools, poor millionaire Axl could. This what I mean My point is he has it easier than your regular person , and it's no about keeping or dumping Team fucking Brazil its about responsibility for his own actions, you talk like they have him chained up in his house ffs  Why does everyone stick up for him like he's greater than anything on this world

Trust me, sometimes is safer for you if almost no one is interested in you. Just because if too much people tend to take care, they start to overcare and then it`s a huge mess, sometimes it makes everything worse if not life threatening situation. Even if it`s a body illness where you can easier track results than in something as fragile as mind/soul. The other is trust issues when many people try to befriend you because of what you owe or represent rather who you are. 

4 minutes ago, chers said:

How do millions in the bank heal your mental disease?

I never heard of that :suspicious:

Actually, lol, he doesn't have it easier than the regular person because he has no family of his own. He has a rented family that takes care of him but we've only seen them in action now that he's a cow producing a lot of milk. We haven't seen them in action when the cow is dry so, unlike a regular Joe who may have a nice wife and nice children, he's on the edge betting on his own luck of how this people will turn out to be when he needs them even for, literally, everything.

I don't understand how could he be responsable for his own aging..... is that something we are guilty for? :confused: *I just learned this*

• Like 3

Just now, killuridols said:

How do millions in the bank heal your mental disease?

I never heard of that :suspicious:

Actually, lol, he doesn't have it easier than the regular person because he has no family of his own. He has a rented family that takes care of him but we've only seen them in action now that he's a cow producing a lot of milk. We haven't seen them in action when the cow is dry so, unlike a regular Joe who may have a nice wife and nice children, he's on the edge betting on his own luck of how this people will turn out to be when he needs them even for, literally, everything.

I don't understand how could he be responsable for his own aging..... is that something we are guilty for? :confused: *I just learned this*

About his aging no, but his actions

I'd like to offer a quote via QAF's Brian Kinney

"Everyone causes their own pain...everyone is responsible for their own happiness."  With that said, all the band members made decisions that they felt were right for them, so it's up to them to deal with the consequences. Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt, Gilbey...the whole lot of them made fucked up choices that have long lasting effects.

• Like 2