GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

6 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

What about Back and Forth?  Do you ladies think that's a contender for an Axl song?  Slash said it was about breaking up and toxic relationships. 

Yes, we had discussed that one as well in the old WT and assumed that it might be about Axl, but there is an interview where Eric Dover says he wrote the lyrics on it, so I don't know.

Edited by Blackstar

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, we had discussed that one as well in the old WT and assumed that it might be about Axl, but there is an interview where Eric Dover says he wrote the lyrics on it, so I don't know.

Thanks for reminding me of that...I've just been going back through this thread looking for links you posted a while ago to some interviews with Axl and I came across the letter Axl typed to an Indiana journalist.  Hilarious!

I am your rock and roll nightmare.  Is both :headbang: and :facepalm:  I love Axl.

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Probably (if the song is about Axl) it's not literal, but in reference to the lawsuits.

That would be badest sarcasm there. A not so good lay and he was accused of rape and domestic violence.... Ugh.

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

See, brutal :lol:

Yep.

Don't you see the Slaxl there? Like Dark Slaxl. :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

That would be badest sarcasm there. A not so good lay and he was accused of rape and domestic violence.... Ugh.

Yep.

I see the dark Slaxl. lol

In comparison, Axl's CD lyrics are much more ambiguous and open to interpretation.  Well, Slash did say he had a lot to get off his chest. :lol:

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm sure Slash said somewhere that most of that first Snakepit album is about Axl.

Yeah he said all his lyrics were directed at one person.  Poor, long suffering Slash. :lol: 

When we moved in together...all you did was moan and cry...I had to tell you I loved you just to keep the peace.  

Gives the impression of Axl being this nagging, miserable housewife he was married to! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yeah he said all his lyrics were directed at one person.  Poor, long suffering Slash. :lol: 

When we moved in together...all you did was moan and cry...I had to tell you I loved you just to keep the peace.  

Gives the impression of Axl being this nagging, miserable housewife he was married to! 

In earlier times Slash said that Axl would go on and on about the things of life and whatnot and he never knew what to say. But I do can picture Axl as a self-pitying whining one. Also Axl was def traumatised of his childhood and youth and at the time that wasn't so long ago...

Axl once said (paraphrasing) that Slash is an angel in public, but can be very mean in private. I don't know if there's truth in this, since Axl's way of perceiving things is ... different, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm sure Slash said somewhere that most of that first Snakepit album is about Axl.

Yeah, in his book.

17 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Speaking of that, on another note, I watched part of the Ritz '87 show (awesome) and, I have to say that Axl is one of the two men I find to be hot in a white sleeveless (under)shirt.

Spoiler

The other one is, of course...

Marlon-Brando-in-A-Streetcar-Named-Desir

I read that Americans call it "wife beater shirt" :smiley-confused2: (no, it hadn't been called that yet in the 80s, when Axl wore it, it's more recent slang).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yes, the love/hate relationship I think both have described before. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground with either guy, it's extreme love or extreme hate! 

Dark Slaxl is such a good way of putting it! 

5 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Do you think some of those lyrics touch on Axl telling him about his childhood and Slash moaning about having to listen to it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Dark Slaxl is such a good way of putting it! 

Do you think some of those lyrics touch on Axl telling him about his childhood and Slash moaning about having to listen to it? 

Yeah, I fell Slash is moaning about it. I think all those guys are not the most empathic people... :shrugs:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What does that mean, Twain Wreck?

Mark Twain was known for talking and talking and talking...

There is a story that someone shared coke with Axl in studio, he had a hint and then he talked and talked for hours. Since then noone shared the coke with him. (coke an meth does this)

7 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Both made to each other:rofl-lol:

Totally agree.  I wholeheartedly believe Axl and Slash are two sides of the same coin.  They are made for each other.  

Slaxl aside, not even getting into romantic or sexual side of things, I do believe those two have a unique bond.  Slash has said that too, that they have a bond that no amount of mud slinging would break.  

Even today, with Slash being a bit iffy towards Axl, who, let's face it, is also acting a bit iffy, I think they're inextricably bound by their history.  Don't know whether they think that's a good thing or not. LOL 

Personally?  I think they're lucky to have experienced that kind of bond at all, because many don't get to, and then to have found each other again, even if it's not quite like it was.  I did experience it...and lost it.  It's hard to live with.  

So I hope they really make a go of it this time. 

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Hmm...I'm not inclined to think Slash would be that callous as to complain about Axl confiding in him about his childhood traumas.  I hope not anyway.  I didn't get that impression from his book because he was very careful about that topic and didn't want to divulge any details of Axl's history.  I'd think it would be more everything else Axl would moan about to do with his life in general and the band and everything that goes wrong being someone else's fault etc.  And just Axl being generally difficult and annoying. lol

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah, I fell Slash is moaning about it. I think all those guys are not the most empathic people... :shrugs:

And that's the other thing...they really weren't the best communicators back then were they?  Hopefully they are now.  Also, they've got wives/girlfriends to support them and advise them on how to solve a problem/communicate more effectively. I can imagine Susan and Meegan being pretty encouraging of them to talk through things, listen, etc...

@Blackstar I love Marlon Brando!!  He was awesome.  Actually...look what he turned into.  Similar to Axl! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_5177.PNG.faaa06448849a9764d5c6815a7fdc312.PNG

It is the top definition when you google it :lol:

LOL!

Only googled for twain and wouldn't get it. Is that harsh? It is funny though too. I know people who are like that. Cannot shut up and cannot tell a story simple and concise.

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

LOL!

Only googled for twain and wouldn't get it. Is that harsh? It is funny though too. I know people who are like that. Cannot shut up and cannot tell a story simple and concise.

I find it pretty funny :lol:

Maybe it's a little bit harsh, only like in a 'pisses the bed every time' stories kind of way :lol: