GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

MyCougarForum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MySlaxlForum

:lol:

Good to see you dropping in this neck of the woods.  Admit it, you've come for the Slaxl talk, right? :awesomeface:

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I know, darling. :D I'm a fucking old lady, I KNOW. Lol. But the thing is, the older you get the sexier you think older people are. That's the good news.

Quote of the day!!  As a fellow old lady, I quite agree. 

• Like 1

Okay I've had to clean up this thread. It's been a long time since we had a massive derail so I guess we were overdue. Far too many personal insults been thrown about by all concerned. I'm tempted to give warning points to all three but for now I will give you all chance to cool off provided everyone gets back on topic because I'm not quite sure who began what.

@Oldest Goat please don't come into the Women's Thread and call someone a bitch and a cunt regardless of how much you disagree with them, I don't think that is ever okay.

@Pishy please do not derail a thread by bringing in arguments from an unrelated thread because you don't like a particular poster or resort to personal insults yourself. This is the second time I've asked in a week and in future will give warnings out.

@killuridols please don't join in with throwing insults about, you've been here long enough to know better.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Slaxl and Peace to you all! :lol:

slaxlcuddle.gif.d6de819f668a7f423964e42d

This is more like it.  :awesomeface:

@killuridolshaha! I love this interview with Slash.  His voice is really sexy here too.  ;) Howard Stern is a shit.  He really is.  Always pushing Slash to say things he clearly doesn't want to say.  Is this the one where Slash says 'To know him is to love him?" about Axl...

Actually, I've never seen a video / interview etc. where Slash is acutally badmouthing Axl. He's always defending him and being very diplomatic and fair. The Stern thing is a good example. 

Stern is a stupid shit, isn't he? He's always trying to push his guest into giving something away, something they don't mean or don't want to say. We talked about him here on the WT already. 

Edited by Tori72

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Actually, I've never seen a video / interview etc. where Slash is acutally badmouthing Axl. He's always defending him and being very diplomatic and fair. The Stern thing is a good example. 

Yeah. I dont know. At that moment I think he was still trying to save the relationship with Axl..... after that...... well, he didn't have mercy anymore :lol:

I still don't like what he said about Steph & Erin... I mean.... didn't say that much but sort of sided with Axl and you know I would never support Axl in that department so..... shut up Slashy! :max:

Just now, killuridols said:

Yeah. I dont know. At that moment I think he was still trying to save the relationship with Axl..... after that...... well, he didn't have mercy anymore :lol:

I still don't like what he said about Steph & Erin... I mean.... didn't say that much but sort of sided with Axl and you know I would never support Axl in that department so..... shut up Slashy! :max:

Oh sure. Never called Slash a feminist. LOL :rofl-lol:

But I've never heard an interview when Slash talked merciless about Axl. So they do exist, right?

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Oh sure. Never called Slash a feminist. LOL :rofl-lol:

But I've never heard an interview when Slash talked merciless about Axl. So they do exist, right?

I think that one where he is really pissed off at Axl because of the Paul Tobias guy is a bit...... the problem with Slash is that he's not aggressive in that sense of being directly aggressive or disrespectful. He's got more subtles ways but even in his book, he's harsh with Axl or his opinions are..... but they are not direct arrows, you have to read between the lines to understand it.

• Like 2

I'm out of likes, but thank you @Andy14 Love these.

2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Axl apologise? I'm fairly sure that is not how it went down. :rofl-lol:

Humble pie is not one of his strong points, I'm think Slash got a very long winded explanation as to why at the time it was justified even if he doesn't mean it anymore.

Again, can't like. Argh.  Yes, Axl would have taken 4 hours to explain his reasoning at the time and bored Slash into reuniting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Every interview that I see with Slash he always has been at least respectful about Axl, even in those horrid years.

Axl on the other part was more blunt. In my opinion in that first talk of 2015, Axl must have the one that apologize most.

Slash might be pissed off, upset, angry, disappointed, but I always feel the line of respect deep inside he has had for Axl. Sometimes it might even go to a state you love an idea of person when you can`t coexist with actual person for some reason until you find the way one to another. 

Axl was more openly in pain and put to fight - and completely different personality. People in pain can hurt and do silly things in defense. 

Slash also mentioned that Axl has his ways to apologize. Not standard or direct, but ways to let you know that he cares. ^_^

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Which ones?

What do you want to be (It's 5 o' clock somewhere)

Sour, this affliction
If it was me I'd have it fixed
And with everywhere you've been
You're much too old to be so naive

So what the hell do you want to be
Following the trends that never end
I can't stand the parties you attend
So what the hell do you want with me

Oh, you're so underground
Oh, ain't that swell
Well the word is on the street
You're collecting sympathy and
Then you hide
And ya ain't been out in days
Will the sunshine burn your face
Preserve your precious skin
I'll go out, you stay in

What the hell do you want to be
I can't stand the parties you attend

Please don't feed the pigeons
Out of the same sad bag of tricks
I've heard it all a million times
You make me sicker than
The wine you drink

So if you think I need some help
Climb out of your own shell
It'll make you think

So what the hell do you want to be
Why is it that I can't
Stand your friends
What the hell do you want to be
Following fashion in the sheets
Chasing every other flavor
Of the week
So what the hell do you want from me

What do you want to be
What do you want to be
What do you want to be
What do you want from me
Looking for anyone who's somebody
What do you want from me
What do you want from me

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

And probably 'Good To Be Alive' from that first Snakepit album too. 

So, whilst he is saying those things on the radio show, he is at the same time making songs like these. 

I think there were times when he was mean, lol, like this time when talking about Steph...... knowing Axl loved that woman, that's a bad thing to say, I think :shrugs:

• Like 3

@Tori72, also this and maybe this too.

Like others said, Slash is more the passive-aggressive kind. He said some things though in his early 1995 interviews (also in some in the early 90s) that can be considered hurtful. In his later '95 and '96 ones he tuned down and refrained from saying negative things, probably because someone (Duff or Dougie) told him to and also because he really wanted to try to save things.

Axl, on the other hand, is blunt and when he's angry or bitter he lets it all loose and says the worst. But I must say that, with the notable exception of the "dancing with Mr Brownstone" incident in '89, I don't remember him ever badmouthing Slash or anyone else while they were still band mates. He said it all after.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3