GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

27 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Ah, so did you buy it after all?  20 Euros is pretty standard I guess unless you wait for the post xmas sales, but then you might miss out, especially the size you want, those always go first.  Snap it up!  And yeah, I hate it when you have a GNR shirt regret.  :(

Not yet, I'm broke and I need new boots for the winter :facepalm: Gonna keep an eye on it though, maybe it will be available on Black Friday still, that this year is on my birthday ;)

23 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

@dgnr and @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle, funfact: I don't have one single band shirt. Never had one. Idk why. I look weird in them. :shrugs:

How can you look weird on them, woman? :P As soon as you can go get the Izzy shirt, I'm sure you won't look weird on that one :heart: Funfact: I just earned a tip today, cause I was wearing a GNR shirt. The costumer presented himself as a huge AC/DC fan and told me to keep the change cause 'Your shirt is of the band of the chubby ginger who was sitting on the chair and he did good' :wow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, dgnr said:

As soon as you can go get the Izzy shirt, I'm sure you won't look weird on that one :heart: Funfact: I just earned a tip today, cause I was wearing a GNR shirt. The costumer presented himself as a huge AC/DC fan and told me to keep the change cause 'Your shirt is of the band of the chubby ginger who was sitting on the chair and he did good' :wow:

:heart::wub:

I'm sure he will love the new AC/DC album next year..jejeje 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

It's a good interview actually.  He just wants to play guitar, Axl is the visionary, and they don't see eye to eye, but they had dinner and a bottle of wine together to talk through their differences.  Of course we can speculate about the subtext right?  What kind of Slaxl moments might there have been over that bottle of wine? :awesomeface:

Slash and Axl having dinner and sharing a bottle of wine in 19 fucking 96? lol. I guess not.

10 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Not yet, I'm broke and I need new boots for the winter :facepalm: Gonna keep an eye on it though, maybe it will be available on Black Friday still, that this year is on my birthday ;)

How can you look weird on them, woman? :P As soon as you can go get the Izzy shirt, I'm sure you won't look weird on that one :heart: Funfact: I just earned a tip today, cause I was wearing a GNR shirt. The costumer presented himself as a huge AC/DC fan and told me to keep the change cause 'Your shirt is of the band of the chubby ginger who was sitting on the chair and he did good' :wow:

OMG that's sweetly put!

Edited by Tori72

@prettytiedupmiche

14 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Had to share this with you ladies, look at Slash flirting at 3:14. Cheeky boy! 

It's a good interview actually.  He just wants to play guitar, Axl is the visionary, and they don't see eye to eye, but they had dinner and a bottle of wine together to talk through their differences.  Of course we can speculate about the subtext right?  What kind of Slaxl moments might there have been over that bottle of wine? :awesomeface:

I thought they didn't speak after they went their separate ways and Slash recorded with Snakepit? I guess I have the timeline jumbled. Not really interested in a fabricated romance between these guys, but what happened in terms of the band because axl had already screwed Slash on sympathy for the devil.

p.s that's not flirting, at all 

57 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Well, Duff and Richard react...it's just Slash who doesn't...Oh god, don't tempt me into a 'status of Axl and Slash's relationship' convo. lol I'm so horribly negative about it and I try, try to see the positives and convince myself they're really friends...and I feel it in my bones that it's fake...nooooo...I'm not going there tonight...! lol

Not friends. Sometimes friendly business associates is probably accurate.  Better then nothin'.

I think Axl is on bi-polar medication and booze. That's pill and booze bloat he's got- you can always tell when the neck blows up.  He seemed pretty sedated in that interview with Duff last year. 

I hope he's happy, too, although I wish he'd lay off the alcohol.  It would help his voice, at the very least.

52 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I could listen to him speaking forever, such a sexy voice:slash:

57 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Axl likes to invite Slash N'have a dinner with Him:rolleyes:

Just like Axl said in China Exchange 

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Slash and Axl having dinner and sharing a bottle of wine in 19 fucking 96? lol. I guess not.

Well, that's what Slash said. :lol:  The were trying to have a 'meeting of minds', he said. lol

1 hour ago, Pishy said:

@prettytiedupmiche

I thought they didn't speak after they went their separate ways and Slash recorded with Snakepit? I guess I have the timeline jumbled. Not really interested in a fabricated romance between these guys, but what happened in terms of the band because axl had already screwed Slash on sympathy for the devil.

p.s that's not flirting, at all 

Slash didn't leave the band until a few months after the summer of 96.  He was still a member of GNR when he recorded with Snakepit (and continued to argue with Axl over Snakepit demos,or there was tension at any rate).  Slash was on a sort of 'trial period' or a temporary contract for a year prior to that, to see how things played out (the Goldstein influenced renegotiated contracts happened Dec 30th 95 - that's when Axl legally owned the name).  

For a year, they tried, on and off, to make it work - so they were very much speaking, or trying to; they were supposed to be working together.  Slash and Duff were actually productive that year, they wrote a lot of songs (interesting that in this interview, or maybe it was Part 1, Slash says 80 songs and he includes Axl in that) yet Axl hadn't put lyrics or melodies to any of them (he was in the midst of his creative crisis). This would be the 96 recordings sessions that Axl had to scrap because Slash wasn't 'playing nicely' i.e.. he was 'holding down the material' according to Axl, who, after the first demos debacle, had basically come round to the idea of trying to work with Slash instead of against him, but it was too little too late.  I didn't think they did as many as 80 songs though!  I thought it was about 20 or so.  @Blackstar might know more about this?

But look, the video was just something I thought people would be interested in, the Slaxl is a lighthearted running joke around here, that's all. :lol:  The flirting comment was meant to be taken lightly. 

And @janrichmond He is hot in this vid, I thought you'd appreciate it.;)

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Thanks 1

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle I know slash left officially in 96, but the snakepit material was supposed to be used for GnR and I imagine that pissed axl off. Axl had also been trying to strongarm slash and bring him into submission with his kid games. Whatever the terms were , they clearly were not good ones otherwise there would be no need to have some sit down. And reading between the lines of what slash is saying, it was pretty bad. The way he later described the split was "less than harmonious" , that's just how he talks, neutral diplomacy. Doesn't mean that the severity is conveyed by his choice of words. The sit down seemed  to be more of axl wanting slash to listen to all his complaints before kicking him off the ledge. 

Who knows, none of us , that's for sure. It just looked like these 2 had done some planning to take over GnR, the whole trying to demote Izzy and then ended up screwing each other over . Pretty lame all around .

8 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Not friends. Sometimes friendly business associates is probably accurate.  Better then nothin'.

I think Axl is on bi-polar medication and booze. That's pill and booze bloat he's got- you can always tell when the neck blows up.  He seemed pretty sedated in that interview with Duff last year. 

I hope he's happy, too, although I wish he'd lay off the alcohol.  It would help his voice, at the very least.

I like the way Axl is now. He's smiling a lot, being goofy, he jokes on stage many times with Duff and Slash. Maybe the reason why he has changed is the age thing. He simply grown up.

I wish he'd lay off alcohol too. Aint good for his voice. I hope he's found inner peace .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I know what you mean.  It's hard to explain isn't it?  I think he always had the tendency to be goofy - it comes out a little bit in old interviews, very rarely on stage though.  I think maybe that part of him has just...come out more...for want of a better phrase, as he's gotten older?  They say that, don't they, that your quirks and funny ways get worse as you get older? LOL 

But I've just been watching a NuGuns gig at House of Blues 2001 and Axl is depressing the audience in between songs with tales of political woe and ramblings about China in that weird disjointed voice he sometimes puts on when he wants to make a serious point, you know that one?  So maybe funny, goofy is better! 

Edit: posted right after you - yeah, meds did cross my mind...

Just to clarify, I'm not sure what Andy mean by the :facepalm: emoji, but I don't personally find anything odd about him in that gif??  I'm talking about his behaviour in general though...

I dont see anything wrong in that giff. I love the way he's right now. Would fans really want to see same Axl as in 90's? Moody, agressive, wild? Remember waht he said in Chinese exchanged: we were young and wild. Maybe he simply grown up.

• Like 2

I'd rather see Axl having fun than  throwing a strop I'm sure when they had meetings about the tour both duff and slash would have brought the subject up of his behaviour from the last time they toured no one wants to see a 55 year old having a temper tantrum ❤

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

These guys :wub:

Wow beautiful shot. Not a big Izzy girl but he looks so sweet and natural here.

17 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Lovely Slaxl moment from the past:

I imagine all of you has seen it already, but is lovely 

Yeah seen it but it's worth re-sharing, so lovely.

11 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Totally sweet Slash and very coherent! I'm wondering why he keeps touching his face? It's as if he's off the cigs but forgets and keeps moving his hand as if to take a drag?

Also LOLd at how he says 'quizzisential' for quintessential (1:45) :rofl-lol: (maybe not so coherent in this bit)

Deadly jealous of that interviewer getting a voluntary kiss!!!

2 hours ago, money honey said:

Wow beautiful shot. Not a big Izzy girl but he looks so sweet and natural here.

Yeah seen it but it's worth re-sharing, so lovely.

Totally sweet Slash and very coherent! I'm wondering why he keeps touching his face? It's as if he's off the cigs but forgets and keeps moving his hand as if to take a drag?

Also LOLd at how he says 'quizzisential' for quintessential (1:45) :rofl-lol: (maybe not so coherent in this bit)

Deadly jealous of that interviewer getting a voluntary kiss!!!

People with drugs issues usually touch the face,nose.

16 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Still can't get my head around on how he is nowadays. I'm torn between "I'm glad he's happy and goofy" and "I'm glad he looks happy but something feels off about him". Something about goofy Axl creeps me out. Always has.

Am I being the only one with that impression?

Edit: Dangling feet Axl did touch me but still I felt odd about it. Just to clarify. As I said I'm torn between those two feelings.

No. I feel the same as well. Although I'm not torn about feeling glad for him. I just don't believe that act he puts on so I'm not happy about that.

It is very odd for me to see such a huge personality change. He wasn't like this a couple of years ago. Not talking 90s here. He was ass face for most of the nuGuns era. So I don't know what happened..... Whatever it is, meds or just life, I find it odd and unnatural and because of that I hardly ever find the things he does "cute" or "cool" or a reason to celebrate them.

Im eager for this tour to end and I wanna see what's next and how this act turns up to be from then on.

Edited by killuridols

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

Im eager for this tour to end and I wanna see what's next and how this act turns up to be from then on.

I honestly think this is the last time we'll see this version of GNR. IF they release new music (big IF) then maybe things will change but i can't see Slash sticking around to keep repeating the same set over and over again. The only way otherwise is if next year we have AC/DC for Axl and SMKC for Slash then 2019 another tour with GNR. I think we also have to consider that Axl does sound pretty shit a lot of the time and the next AC/DC run could finish his voice off forever, it certainly didn't help him much last time. 

• Sad 1

I'm still hopeful for new music.  They don't have to make it such a big deal if they don't want to, they could just put out an EP or something on iTunes...even something for Nighttrain members like what many bands do.  There's heaps of different options for them to still produce something new and please fans (and stay somewhat relevant) whilst fitting in their various side projects (which I don't think are anywhere near as worthy of their time as GNR, but hey...that's me being a greedy fan.  I'm trying to be more accepting of the side projects lately.

I guess it's a matter of how badly they want to make new music together.  Maybe they do, maybe they don't.  But one thing is for sure, their window of opportunity is small and getting smaller as time goes on.  Axl's voice, even for the studio, is not going to be fit for purpose for much longer.  The original five are miraculously still alive...

This is their last chance to make the most of the opportunity they have been given.  I think they'd be fools to pass it up, but those guys never did do what was expected of them. 

19 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I'm still hopeful for new music.  They don't have to make it such a big deal if they don't want to, they could just put out an EP or something on iTunes...even something for Nighttrain members like what many bands do.  There's heaps of different options for them to still produce something new and please fans (and stay somewhat relevant) whilst fitting in their various side projects (which I don't think are anywhere near as worthy of their time as GNR, but hey...that's me being a greedy fan.  I'm trying to be more accepting of the side projects lately.

I guess it's a matter of how badly they want to make new music together.  Maybe they do, maybe they don't.  But one thing is for sure, their window of opportunity is small and getting smaller as time goes on.  Axl's voice, even for the studio, is not going to be fit for purpose for much longer.  The original five are miraculously still alive...

This is their last chance to make the most of the opportunity they have been given.  I think they'd be fools to pass it up, but those guys never did do what was expected of them. 

What was the last music Axl released? and when?

25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

What was the last music Axl released? and when?

Yeah, but now he has Slash to kick his ass. :lol: Also window wasn't closing so fast on him years back.  He must realise it now.  If he doesn't he's a bloody idiot.

14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

We need to make a Guns n Roses Rell Fucking Fortunes Tournament.

My prediction: Unrequieted love. 

What is this?  I've not heard of it.