GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, tifalucis said:

Anyway, I have no idea how but suddenly my youtube suggests me Izzy Stradlin and Ju Ju Hounds song so I gave it a listen. Not my cup of tea but I enjoy it. There's a comment there "The Guns N Roses soul ladies and gentlemen..." so I replied "the soul has left since 1991. The body is basically a zombie ever since then" :( 

Which song was it? And I like your comment. :) 

1 hour ago, tifalucis said:

Anyway, I have no idea how but suddenly my youtube suggests me Izzy Stradlin and Ju Ju Hounds song so I gave it a listen. Not my cup of tea but I enjoy it. There's a comment there "The Guns N Roses soul ladies and gentlemen..." so I replied "the soul has left since 1991. The body is basically a zombie ever since then" :( 

So why you are here then? Izzy was super important but is was equal than the rest of the guys...to be honest that corpse, like you said was perfectly alive in 92 and 93.

34 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

So why you are here then? Izzy was super important but is was equal than the rest of the guys...to be honest that corpse, like you said was perfectly alive in 92 and 93.

The corpse was a Zombie, just look at Duff and know what happened with Axl being completely out of order at the time. But even if you don’t agree in the band being dead, they were playing the stuff Izzy had a major input in. But alas, everything’s been said before. None of the two (!) releases after ware what it was with Izzy, (or with Izzy, Slash and Duff when we’re talking CD) that’s for sure.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

The corpse was a Zombie, just look at Duff and know what happened with Axl being completely out of order at the time. But even if you don’t agree in the band being dead, they were playing the stuff Izzy had a major input in. But alas, everything’s been said before. None of the two (!) releases after ware what it was with Izzy, (or with Izzy, Slash and Duff when we’re talking CD) that’s for sure.

The band after 93 was not in good shape, neither of them were...the volatility of the band was very much there and it was not meant to be, and we can agree that the solo efforts of all of them (including Izzy's) were not match to what they did together. I have a very honest question, why somebody make the effort to be in a forum of a band that is considered a zombie? I honestly don't understand.  

6 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I have a very honest question, why somebody make the effort to be in a forum of a band that is considered a zombie? I honestly don't understand.  

Stockholm syndrome. And Slash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I honestly can’t answer the question. I got excited over the reunion before I understood that it is only a threeunion and all the rest that comes with it. Probably as @dgnr says., and nostalgia for the original band...?

I agree. nostalgia is the key

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Cool.

Haha, the new woke Axl, welcome to the politics! :smiley-confused2:

Haha, I get where your sarcasm is coming from and I feel it , too. Still, I like the Axl who chooses to tackl some political issues. He is definitely not precise or elegant with his wording (lol) but he doesn’t have to be. He’s Mr Rock n Roll and I don’t expect him to have full knowledge of political issues, correlations. Also he probably knows more than he lets out in tweets. But he makes his opinion known and takes a stand against that fascist Trump. And this is right from the beginning, even before Trump was elected... So, yeah, I kinda like it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Haha, I get where your sarcasm is coming from and I feel it , too. Still, I like the Axl who chooses to tackl some political issues. He is definitely not precise or elegant with his wording (lol) but he doesn’t have to be. He’s Mr Rock n Roll and I don’t expect him to have full knowledge of political issues, correlations. Also he probably knows more than he lets out in tweets. But he makes his opinion known and takes a stand against that fascist Trump. And this is right from the beginning, even before Trump was elected... So, yeah, I kinda like it.

I'm not being sarcastic... :unsure:

All in all, I think it's good that even at his 56 years old he woke and decided to vote, I assume, for the first time in his life?...... that's what it is important, I think.

His choices will make no difference, his vote is not special for being Axl Rose, what is special is that he seems enthuasistic about doing this and hell, that's awesome!

Of course, this doesn't make me belive he's well versed on politics or that he understands all the implications of politics. Very few people do, actually. Some people still call themselves "apolitical" or "non-political" and those make me cringe everytime :facepalm:

In my country, voting is mandatory but people over 75 years old are non-obliged to do it if they don't want to or can't go voting. However, it is always so cool to see some really old people getting all dressed up, early in the morning, ready to go voting on the election day. It's a honor for them and that gives me strength, makes me value more that after so many dictatorships, we've been able to keep this democracy going on for 40 years now.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

All in all, I think it's good that even at his 56 years old he woke and decided to vote, I assume, for the first time in his life?...... that's what it is important, I think.

His choices will make no difference, his vote is not special for being Axl Rose, what is special is that he seems enthuasistic about doing this and hell, that's awesome!

Of course, this doesn't make me belive he's well versed on politics or that he understands all the implications of politics. Very few people do, actually. Some people still call themselves "apolitical" or "non-political" and those make me cringe everytime :facepalm:

In my country, voting is mandatory but people over 75 years old are non-obliged to do it if they don't want to or can't go voting. However, it is always so cool to see some really old people getting all dressed up, early in the morning, ready to go voting on the election day. It's a honor for them and that gives me strength, makes me value more that after so many dictatorships, we've been able to keep this democracy going on for 40 years now.

AH, I misunderstood you there. Sorry. Thought you were making some fun about „woke Axl“, which he is not... Anyway, we share a pretty similar opinion about that side of him.

Your last paragraph made me feel were humble... those seniors show great democratic and civilian dignity, I love that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thought you were making some fun about „woke Axl“, which he is not...

Yes, I am making fun but not in a mean way..... it's fun to say woke Axl, though I think he is proud for real now, you know?

My first time voting wasn't so cool and I wasn't proud at all, they were really tough times in Argentina back then :cry:

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I am making fun but not in a mean way..... it's fun to say woke Axl, though I think he is proud for real now, you know?

My first time voting wasn't so cool and I wasn't proud at all, they were really tough times in Argentina back then :cry:

I don’t know about him being proud he voted or not. To me he really seems to be wanting to make a stance with his tweets and now with his action, the voting. Such a mature thing to do ... lol

Sorry for being so ignorant but ... what was your first election like which you took part in? My very first vote was a EU-election thing that I forgot the details about, looooong time ago. lol I never missed any election though, I’m taking those things really serious :headbang::lol:

Edited by Tori72

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I don’t know about him being proud he voted or not. To me he really seems to be wanting to make a stance with his tweets and now with his action, the voting. Such a mature thing to do ... lol

Awwww.... :lol:
I don't know..... it's strange why he's so invested on this, so I tend to think that he's genuine about it...... because why would he bother? :question:
Is someone from the Democrats doing him "favors"? :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Sorry for being so ignorant but ... what was your first election like which you took part in? My very first vote was a EU-election thing that I forgot the details about, looooong time ago. lol I never missed any election though, I’m taking those things really serious :headbang::lol:

I don't remember much because back then I was a careless, clueless, scared late teenager and I didn't know how to vote, what to be like, what I was supposed to do when at the place :cry: so I think I made a mess...

But the country was a horror during those years, the late 90's, early 2000's.... then the debacle came in 2001. After that, I "woke" myself and got serious with all of it because I was turning an adult, with responsabilities and a life to live on my own.

42 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Argentina's history with military dictadorship is so awful, and little countries like mine, adopted that so well

Desaparecidos

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Is someone from the Democrats doing him "favors"? :ph34r:

No, I don’t think so at all.

Thanks for your explanation. Yes, I roughly know about Argentina’s history and assumed it must have been rough in the 90s. ... I just wondered why you didn’t feel proud to vote... but now I know what you meant. I guess...