GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Just now, money honey said:

GNR, any and all flavours :) I'm getting interested in it but any I've found myself seems to be just really badly written attempts at shipping... 

Check out Slaxl19 and Shannee something, sorry, forgot the surename. You find them on Wattpad. Pretty sure, they’re also following each other.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, money honey said:

Can anyone recommend some good fan fiction? 

That's a road you don't want to go down. All the fan fiction I've seen so far is pretty bad.

8 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

A lot of people dress as Slash and Axl for today. This makes me laugh:

That's very clever.

17 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:
2 hours ago, money honey said:

Can anyone recommend some good fan fiction? 

That's a road you don't want to go down. All the fan fiction I've seen so far is pretty bad.

That's my impression so far too. There must be better quality stuff out there though. 

2 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

A lot of people dress as Slash and Axl for today. This makes me laugh:

Any year has people dress like Axl and Slash, many celebrities too, i remember Cindy Crawford an her husband and many, many more celebrities, them have an very recognizable look to dress to Halloween.

5 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I read this One Direction fan fiction online once a few years ago and it was... very strange.

One Direction? The band? Or is it a title of the story?

Fan Fiction IS very odd. That is it’s very first definition. I don’t think there is any high brow literature on fan fiction to be found. Some is quite funny (well, if it is your thing to begin with), some are quite well written and composed like Slaxl19 and the Shannee girl. I think you have to be into the band before you can like a ff otherwise it wouldn’t work. FF is based on the characters being known and loved by the readers already. Even though they play with completely fictitious stories there is a certain base of what is going on with the band, the guys etc. That’s why ff gets boring soon, it can’t live on it’s own. (My 2 cents)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

One Direction? The band? Or is it a title of the story?

Fan Fiction IS very odd. That is it’s very first definition. I don’t think there is any high brow literature on fan fiction to be found. Some is quite funny (well, if it is your thing to begin with), some are quite well written and composed like Slaxl19 and the Shannee girl. I think you have to be into the band before you can like a ff otherwise it wouldn’t work. FF is based on the characters being known and loved by the readers already. Even though they play with completely fictitious stories there is a certain base of what is going on with the band, the guys etc. That’s why ff gets boring soon, it can’t live on it’s own. (My 2 cents)

The band.

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I read this One Direction fan fiction online once a few years ago and it was... very strange.

The idea of real person fanfiction is really weird. Because you know the actual people who are represented in the story isn’t going to do things that the plot says in the fanfics. Usually these type of fanfictions only serve for the writer and reader wet dreams. Gotta admit I read some of real person fanfictions, including Guns N’ Roses, but I only can stand some.

Fanfiction based on fictions, though. Now we’re talking. You don’t like how the ending of your favorite series or movies? Or you want character A bangs character B? You have prediction for the upcoming seasons or sequels? You want more intense story of your favorite saga? Then yes fanfiction community can give that to you. The bigger the community, the more possible you can find good stories. And I found a lot of good fanfiction. Some can even make me shed a tear.

• Like 4

Interesting chat about fan fiction... thanks @Tori72 and @tifalucis for your thoughts. I've read those ff writers that you mentioned Tori, you're right, their standard of writing is quite good and their stories are entertaining. I'm still new to ff - not the idea, I've been aware of it for ages but this is the first time I've actually read any. The whole idea intrigues me - people writing and reading about fictional characters that *someone else* invented. 

Tifa, you make a really good distinction between  "real person fan fiction" and "fictional fan fiction". I didn't notice that difference before. It's interesting that you say you prefer the latter kind.

I'm starting to think I might like to experiment with writing some of the "real person" kind about GNR. You know, stories based on real events in the history of the band but "fictionalised". Do you think fans of the band would be interested in that?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, money honey said:

Interesting chat about fan fiction... thanks @Tori72 and @tifalucis for your thoughts. I've read those ff writers that you mentioned Tori, you're right, their standard of writing is quite good and their stories are entertaining. I'm still new to ff - not the idea, I've been aware of it for ages but this is the first time I've actually read any. The whole idea intrigues me - people writing and reading about fictional characters that *someone else* invented. 

Tifa, you make a really good distinction between  "real person fan fiction" and "fictional fan fiction". I didn't notice that difference before. It's interesting that you say you prefer the latter kind.

I'm starting to think I might like to experiment with writing some of the "real person" kind about GNR. You know, stories based on real events in the history of the band but "fictionalised". Do you think fans of the band would be interested in that?

What do you mean with „real person fan fiction“? Like a story around a real event of GnR or singular band member? How would that differ from most ff, i don’t understand? I mean, they often have some real event wound up in it, don’t they?

There is also ff with GnR members but put them into another century, make them vampires or even make them into animals and they have to find their way back. lol Or makes their souls swap bodies. I know ... :D 

Let me know when you find other good writers, ok? And do let me read your piece, please! 

10 hours ago, tifalucis said:

The idea of real person fanfiction is really weird. Because you know the actual people who are represented in the story isn’t going to do things that the plot says in the fanfics. Usually these type of fanfictions only serve for the writer and reader wet dreams. Gotta admit I read some of real person fanfictions, including Guns N’ Roses, but I only can stand some.

Fanfiction based on fictions, though. Now we’re talking. You don’t like how the ending of your favorite series or movies? Or you want character A bangs character B? You have prediction for the upcoming seasons or sequels? You want more intense story of your favorite saga? Then yes fanfiction community can give that to you. The bigger the community, the more possible you can find good stories. And I found a lot of good fanfiction. Some can even make me shed a tear.

We need "intense" stories of Slaxl that never happened in real life:smiley-confused2:

1 hour ago, Luhloo said:

@money honey I would read fictionalized stories about real events. I'm tired if only finding Slaxl. No offense to Slaxl fans but it dominates the internet to a rediculous point.

Slaxl is everyone's OTP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luhloo said:

@money honey I would read fictionalized stories about real events. I'm tired if only finding Slaxl. No offense to Slaxl fans but it dominates the internet to a rediculous point.

Does it? I haven't come across any so far. I must look more closely :lol: Probably have to specifically search under Slaxl, right? I think I've been a bit scared to... but I guess it's research... :D

14 hours ago, Tori72 said:

What do you mean with „real person fan fiction“? Like a story around a real event of GnR or singular band member? How would that differ from most ff, i don’t understand? I mean, they often have some real event wound up in it, don’t they?

There is also ff with GnR members but put them into another century, make them vampires or even make them into animals and they have to find their way back. lol Or makes their souls swap bodies. I know ... :D 

Let me know when you find other good writers, ok? And do let me read your piece, please! 

Real person fanfiction: based on real people, real world, real life events. e.g: celebrities, musicians, even politicians

Fictional fanfiction: based on fictional character, fictional world, fictional events. e.g: anime, movie, tv shows, books, plays

Now people, try to understand this before I introduce you to Alternate Universe :lol: 

Oh and yes please, I don't actually like Slaxl fanfics because it's too...weird...although I like the idea of their relationship but I really want a fanfiction about what if they never argue or quickly reconcile in 1994, for example. That would be interesting. I'm waiting for that kind of thing but no one write it :( 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tifalucis said:

I don't actually like Slaxl fanfics because it's too...weird...although I like the idea of their relationship but I really want a fanfiction about what if they never argue or quickly reconcile in 1994, for example. That would be interesting. I'm waiting for that kind of thing but no one write it :( 

Do you mean that the sexual aspect of Slaxl fanfics is too weird? What would it be without the sex though?? (Genuine question.)

On 11/1/2018 at 12:37 PM, Tori72 said:

Yes to both!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, money honey said:

Do you mean that the sexual aspect of Slaxl fanfics is too weird? What would it be without the sex though?? (Genuine question.)

I was wondering about this too.......... and I assumed the sexual aspect of Slaxl is somewhat forced.... doesn't flow naturally, in my opinion-