GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

5 hours ago, Politania said:

I really dont understand why people do nasty comments about his hands or appearance?:facepalm: He is almost 57. Everybody gets old differently. time will not be kind to anyone, neither for him nor for us .<_<

Its not a nasty comment. And I already pointed out he is 56 his hands won't look young because someone said his hands are ugly. I think his hands look fine. Its not weird for someone to think that a part of the body away from the torso arms face-look attractive. 

34 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

@tifalucis a Guy on GNR indo line square said that people that not in jakarta n not be able to redeem the ticket today,  can redeem it on the day of the concert in GBK

I see

but my address is in Jakarta?

wait there’s line square for GNR fans?? 

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

I want to watch Rhapsody 😭😭😭😭😭

Me too. I feel like such a bad fan because I haven’t watch it till now 😩

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Lol,  You are lucky Your parents are interested in GNR,  Hope They will be okay with GNR showing lots sexual pics/videos on the screen later n not forbid You to watch Them again *Learn from past show

Lol hope they won’t notice

1 hour ago, Mary Cochrane said:

Its not a nasty comment. And I already pointed out he is 56 his hands won't look young because someone said his hands are ugly. I think his hands look fine. Its not weird for someone to think that a part of the body away from the torso arms face-look attractive. 

Your comment wasn’t nasty.  I agree with you. I was talking about other comments -talking about his" terrible hands" 😉

3 minutes ago, Politania said:

Your comment wasn’t nasty.  I agree with you. I was talking about other comments -talking about his" terrible hands" 😉

OH! OK sorry I thought you meant my comment was nasty, my apologies :) some people just really find the most silliest things to complain  about... :/ 

• Like 1

You know what is nasty?

:drool:

Oh, I will refrain from saying it because the nutswingers heads will explode :lol:

Anyway.... woke Axl tweets get more hilarious each time. It is good that he came up to clarify that the C&D letter was actually sent but I dont like that he is being so divisive among his fans and what I find even more LULZ is that he seems to believe a big portion of his fan base are democrats.... :ph34r:

He keeps playing safe... coming up with this shit when he knows he won't have to face a USA audience for quite some time now. So brave!

----

Also the replies to his latest tweets are a show of their own. I can't stop cracking up :popcorn:

Edited by killuridols

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You know what is nasty?

:drool:

Oh, I will refrain from saying it because the nutswingers heads will explode :lol:

Anyway.... woke Axl tweets get more hilarious each time. It is good that he came up to clarify that the C&D letter was actually sent but I dont like that he is being so divisive among his fans and what I find even more LULZ is that he seems to believe a big portion of his fan base are democrats.... :ph34r:

He keeps playing safe... coming up with this shit when he knows he won't have to face a USA audience for quite some time now. So brave!

----

Also the replies to his latest tweets are a show of their own. I can't stop cracking up :popcorn:

LOL

I don’t read the replies to his tweets, I can’t stand social media. 

I think it is cool to tweet what he tweeted 2 or 3 days before the next (midterm) election. Whether woke or not,  he’s not doing bad at all.

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I think it is cool to tweet what he tweeted 2 or 3 days before the next (midterm) election. Whether woke or not,  he’s not doing bad at all.

Oh, I have no idea. I barely keep up with the USA politics and I'm up to the neck with Trump.

Unfortunately, he's coming to visit my country by the end of the month, along with the rest of world leaders for the G-20 stuff.

I might go and blast WTTJ pretty loud when Trump lands in Ezeiza :rofl-lol:

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Oh, I have no idea. I barely keep up with the USA politics and I'm up to the neck with Trump.

Unfortunately, he's coming to visit my country by the end of the month, along with the rest of world leaders for the G-20 stuff.

I might go and blast WTTJ pretty loud when Trump lands in Ezeiza :rofl-lol:

Hahaha, "Do you know where you are? You’re gonna diiiiiieeeee“ :headbang:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Have you seen or are going to see the new movie?

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and was thinking I would hate it because for 1: I’m not much of a Queen fan and 2: the critics really gave it a good old panning - but I loved every minute of it and I cried my eyes out towards the end (most people did). 

I wanted to sing out loud a couple of times, I kept having to stop myself :lol:

I am a Queen fan, I loved the movie, totally. I think Brian and John must have had their faces cried off several times during the production, I've seen some recent actual documentary about Queen and Freddie's last days, or, basically after Wembley, issue was still very emotional for residuary members, especially John Deacon; he goes emotional way faster than Brian. I have great respect for Freddie as a singer/songwriter and also his working morals.  

I loved film Brian, he was like some  and... it was almost exactly a year ago I met real Brian May and he is of the nicest people I've ever met (he was also mentioned in some GNR bio that (not sure if band or Axl himself) he is of the nicest people you can meet in business). 

I'm not good in remembering exact details but my take home messages (Axl and GNR related was...) Of course they had to push all the career into a 2 hours of working film, I think it's even way more difficult than making a movie from a book... so some imperfections and adaptations are okay with me. It's a story, where everything clicks together and makes sense, which is not like actual life works. 

I cannot find the quote now but at the beginning Freddie is talking the clicking with the audience, the very moment when he is true and all himself and that's what made him a quintessential frontman. The band also mention the parts when audience sings their songs, when they are all together. Too young to see Freddie, it's THE thing I really love on Axl as a performer. When he hits the note unexpectedly well, when he sees that he made you happy, when he can give you all he is, all he went through, share it, he is of the genuinely happiest people I've ever seen. Shines like a batshit crazy diamond. You can feel him under your skin.

Queen was one of the bands which mastered this clicking with the audience.

Freddie carried a hint of insecurity all his life, another component of his art as a performer

In some moments of the film, seventies, I was like... guys, do you know that there's a boy in Indiana secretly listening to your music under the sheets on a crappy little radio or wherever he can? When I was a kid, I was told rock n' roll wasn't music. It wasn't art. Queen was my proof, my evidence, that these people were wrong - and they meant everything to me.

Queen has always been my favorite band. Freddie is the greatest singer, ever, is the way I look at it. The other thing about Queen for me is they embraced so many different styles. Look at Illusion, there are so many tributes, tribute to soul-searching Roger Waters, tribute to versatility of Queen, piano play of Elton John... also now I think that the costume thing in UYI had a lot to do with Queen and Axl trying to make the show some complete art, performance more than playing album(s), incorporate theater. All that emotion, storytelling, fantasies, everything. 

What poke me was how easily was Freddie cut out of the band, which was his family, of all the relationships with people who genuinely cared about him, by some manager(s). The music industry is ugly business. People want you to care about them or their lives, their kids, but in the end, you are just a commodity. He must have felt hell alone in the world he created and payed for, all the parties, one night stands, house full of strangers... The moment when he found that out, kicked out the manager and finally found people and told "Call the mothership". When he told all the band members what does he love on them, that the great music is not made by some musicians doing exactly what you tell them to do, but by the tension inside a band where everyone brings his own ideas (and even fight). Beautiful, warm, humbling moment.

This Freddie's ...sorry, I'm late. Did I hear it somewhere?

*I loved the coffee machine scene

Italics are actual Axl's quotes

Edited by Alja
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Is not that, Trump is more unhinged now than before, his rallies (where he plays GNR music) becomes so nasty towards inmigrants and telling lies...so, so ugly.

By the way, Mae McKagan put in her Instagram story a message from Duff, he said to her that the band has decided speak about the use of GNR music at Trump rallies, they didn't knew until yesterday

17 minutes ago, Alja said:

I am a Queen fan, I loved the movie, totally. I think Brian and John must have had their faces cried off several times during the production, I've seen some recent actual documentary about Queen and Freddie's last days, or, basically after Wembley, issue was still very emotional for residuary members, especially John Deacon; he goes emotional way faster than Brian. I have great respect for Freddie as a singer/songwriter and also his working morals.  

I loved film Brian, he was like some  and... it was almost exactly a year ago I met real Brian May and he is of the nicest people I've ever met (he was also mentioned in some GNR bio that (not sure if band or Axl himself) he is of the nicest people you can meet in business). 

I'm not good in remembering exact details but my take home messages (Axl and GNR related was...) Of course they had to push all the career into a 2 hours of working film, I think it's even way more difficult than making a movie from a book... so some imperfections and adaptations are okay with me. It's a story, where everything clicks together and makes sense, which is not like actual life works. 

I cannot find the quote now but at the beginning Freddie is talking the clicking with the audience, the very moment when he is true and all himself and that's what made him a quintessential frontman. The band also mention the parts when audience sings their songs, when they are all together. Too young to see Freddie, it's THE thing I really love on Axl as a performer. When he hits the note unexpectedly well, when he sees that he made you happy, when he can give you all he is, all he went through, share it, he is of the genuinely happiest people I've ever seen. Shines like a batshit crazy diamond. You can feel him under your skin.

Queen was one of the bands which mastered this clicking with the audience.

Freddie carried a hint of insecurity all his life, another component of his art as a performer

In some moments of the film, seventies, I was like... guys, do you know that there's a boy in Indiana secretly listening to your music under the sheets on a crappy little radio or wherever he can? When I was a kid, I was told rock n' roll wasn't music. It wasn't art. Queen was my proof, my evidence, that these people were wrong - and they meant everything to me.

Queen has always been my favorite band. Freddie is the greatest singer, ever, is the way I look at it. The other thing about Queen for me is they embraced so many different styles. Look at Illusion, there are so many tributes, tribute to soul-searching Roger Waters, tribute to versatility of Queen, piano play of Elton John... also now I think that the costume thing in UYI had a lot to do with Queen and Axl trying to make the show some complete art, performance more than playing album(s), incorporate theater. All that emotion, storytelling, fantasies, everything. 

What poke me was how easily was Freddie cut out of the band, which was his family, of all the relationships with people who genuinely cared about him, by some manager(s). The music industry is ugly business. People want you to care about them or their lives, their kids, but in the end, you are just a commodity. He must have felt hell alone in the world he created and payed for, all the parties, one night stands, house full of strangers... The moment when he found that out, kicked out the manager and finally found people and told "Call the mothership". When he told all the band members what does he love on them, that the great music is not made by some musicians doing exactly what you tell them to do, but by the tension inside a band where everyone brings his own ideas (and even fight). Beautiful, warm, humbling moment.

This Freddie's ...sorry, I'm late. Did I hear it somewhere?

*I loved the coffee machine scene

Italics are actual Axl's quotes

Out of likes, but 💓

18 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Is not that, Trump is more unhinged now than before, his rallies (where he plays GNR music) becomes so nasty towards inmigrants and telling lies...so, so ugly.

Maybe they are scared Trump will blast OIAM through the speakers? :lol:

Sometimes I think playing GN'R music in his rallies could be an act of provocation to the band. Trump likes doing that shit, you know? He must be pretty aware of the Piñata and other comments that have been made by several members of the band.

21 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

By the way, Mae McKagan put in her Instagram story a message from Duff, he said to her that the band has decided speak about the use of GNR music at Trump rallies, they didn't knew until yesterday

You mean that Guns N' Roses were not aware of their music being played by Trump until yesterday?

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Maybe they are scared Trump will blast OIAM through the speakers? :lol:

Sometimes I think playing GN'R music in his rallies could be an act of provocation to the band. Trump likes doing that shit, you know? He must be pretty aware of the Piñata and other comments that have been made by several members of the band.

You mean that Guns N' Roses were not aware of their music being played by Trump until yesterday?

No, Trump play music from a lot of artist and like Axl says, a lot of them had formally requested cease of their music in such political events, he continues to do so.

Duff says so.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I saw a fan tell Meegan on instagram about Trump playing GnR music at rallies about two or three weeks ago and she acknowledged it, so I assume she will have told Slash? 

Yeah but does Slash care? Lol

I think Axl said he had his phone full of messages of people letting him know Trump was playing GN'R songs, so I guess it had to be him the one to send the order to try to stop it... :shrugs:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Yeah but does Slash care? Lol

I think Axl said he had his phone full of messages of people letting him know Trump was playing GN'R songs, so I guess it had to be him the one to send the order to try to stop it... :shrugs:

Well, he likes Duff retweet of Axl's message. The messages increased this week because Trump made rallies almost daily

9 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Well, he likes Duff retweet of Axl's message. The messages increased this week because Trump made rallies almost daily

Yeah but I was replying to Spidy about why they didn't realise about this before if Meegan was warned via Instagram a couple weeks ago....

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@dgnr  there were a few corny moments that I rolled my eyes at and I have read a couple of very good books about Queen -so I knew some things weren’t quite as they happened or in the proper time line, but as whole I just found the film to be so entertaining and the actors were so so good and those emotional moments really got to me as well as the funny parts made me laugh a lot too. It works so well on the big screen with those stadium scenes. 

I did feel the beginning could’ve been better and more detailed about how they formed and their rise to the top but I guess there was only so much they could fit into two hours. 

I also don’t see the part about when they re-form being that way somehow :rofl-lol:

I thought the guy who played Brian May was Brian May - he is that good! :lol:

Yeah, the actors were really good. I read some reviews criticizing Rami Malek, but I think his acting was on point. It isn't in the level of Val Kilmer's Jim Morrison, but it's still very, very good. The mannerisms were all there.  

The re-form part, well, how can I say it? They re-wrote an entirely different story :rofl-lol: But I think they wanted to put the AIDS thing in there, as well as the wild years, so, yeah, let it be.

I know, riiiight? He looked more like Brian May than Brian May himself :P The mannerisms were there, the facial expressions...hell, even the voice. The Oscar should go to him.

And talking about Brian May...awwwwwww :wub::wub:

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

What historical mistakes?

Lots of them. But most of them didn't really bugged me, just small things. But the Rock in Rio one. That did. So, in 1975, Freddie is telling his then girlfriend, Mary Austin, that he wrote 'Love of My Life' for her. The problem is: he's showing her a video of the legendary Rock in Rio performance of the song that only happened in 1985 and he's wearing one of his 70's outfit and hairdo in the video, while Brian May is wearing his Rock In Rio outfit :rolleyes: 

Imagine Axl in '87 explaining to Erin that he wrote SCOM for her, while showing her a vid of the Tokyo '92 show with him wearing the assless chaps and the teased hair. It is that bad :facepalm::lol:

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 4