GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

36 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Sure Guns could find a good, veteran experienced manager for them. Axl is not very good and deciding what kind of people to let into his life, either private or business. So he probably thought he’d stick to the family who he trusts.

---

Also, for the records, I wanna say that I’m not so sure Beta and TB is that terrible to Axl. They are crappy management because they actually don’t do anything and what they do (expensive box set of an already existing album, luxury-expensive clothing line, no real reunion, not listening to fans wishes, no new music) but that doesn’t mean they’re bad for Axl.

Sometimes pictures make things clearer even though you might have known it before. That happens to me with that pic of Axl and Beta. How I see it and what I see from the picture is either a snapshot and it just looks like a fragile, insecure man is being led by a woman only slightly older than him by coincidence. OR it is what we see. And thus it means Axl needs people in his life to take care of him and organise everything for him, constantly. Not because he is rich and can afford to not organise himself but because he is not able to do so. He seems to be more mellow now, probably medicated and apparently well medicated because he seems somewhat happy, he can work, he can tour, he can get along with people. I wish him all the best.

The thing is though, Axl is out, creatively. We all know that. I think he is too medicated to be creative. And that is probably for the best because he can have a life now, seems not to be suicidal or overly aggressive. That is a good thing and regarding to Axl as a the human being he is, it is the most important thing. Be happy, live a life. Guns n Roses as a creative and living thing is over. It’s a dead band, creatively. It is alive on a nostalgic level only. We all know it. And Izzy knows it, that’s why things didn’t work out for him. That’s my 2cents at least.

Yes. It's your opinion. Izzy is not with them for money and unless you have a talk with him you don't know a thing. I frankly don't get the need to knock down somebody in order to exalt other.....sheshh...Izzy is not better than Axl or Slash. 

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Yes. It's your opinion. Izzy is not with them for money and unless you have a talk with him you don't know a thing. I frankly don't get the need to knock down somebody in order to exalt other.....sheshh...Izzy is not better than Axl or Slash. 

I didn’t knock down anybody. I said / wrote verything with all respect and love. This is what I see. It wasn’t so much about Izzy, it was about Axl and the state of the band, actually. The Izzy remark was just a side note. You can of course think what you like about what I wrote. :)

Fun fact, I inteded to write this in the social media thread. Guess I didn’t. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

With respect and love? Jajaja

That was a good one.

Don’t misunderstand openness and honesty for not being respectful or with love, please. I guess it’s a cultural thing? I really wasn’t / didn’t mean to being disrespectful to anyone. I accept that it seems to be to you though. :shrugs:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Don’t misunderstand openness and honesty for not being respectful or with love, please. I guess it’s a cultural thing? I really wasn’t / didn’t mean to being disrespectful to anyone. I accept that it seems to be to you though. :shrugs:

Stop the condescending thing. Is not cultural. And I'm not fool either like you pretend to imply. 

• Confused 1

Chill :lol:

I think all @Tori72 was saying is if Axl is happy and can live his life then his fans should be happy for him. Even if that means we don’t get any new music from him. The guy has repeatedly destroyed his own life and his relationships so if he is genuinely alright now and in a good place then that should be enough. It is for me. 

The thing about Izzy - well, we don’t really know anything except for his tweet about loot ... but the last time he spoke he seemed happy for the GnR guys and at peace with it all. 

• Like 1

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think all @Tori72 was saying is if Axl is happy and can live his life then his fans should be happy for him. Even if that means we don’t get any new music from him. The guy has repeatedly destroyed his own life and his relationships so if he is genuinely alright now and in a good place then that should be enough. It is for me. 

The thing about Izzy - well, we don’t really know anything except for his tweet about loot ... but the last time he spoke he seemed happy for the GnR guys and at peace with it all. 

This. Thank you for translating me. That’s what I meant. :lol:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

No. It was a post knocking a man who nobody knows anything. 

Look, I don't care if people think bad of Axl (that is pretty popular here) but it's my opinion and I have the right to say it, assuming that he is somehow mentally impaired, because he is medicated and we all know that (how???) and because of that, Izzy (the perfect) is not in the band and of course we all know that (how??) Was horrible thing to say with love and respect.

But like Tory said it must be "a cultural thing"

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Look, I don't care if people think bad of Axl (that is pretty popular here) but it's my opinion and I have the right to say it, assuming that he is somehow mentally impaired, because he is medicated and we all know that (how???) and because of that Izzy (the perfect) is not in the band and of course we all know that (how??) Was horrible thing to say with love and respect.

I think it is pretty clear from her post that she's giving OPINION on what the picture evokes in her. She's not stating a fact. She's simply saying that a picture is worth a thousand words and from her POV, she sees an insecure man in that photo. That's her interpretation and it's totally debatable. You can have a different opinion and that's fine too.

You oftenly knock TB down with the harshest words, does anyone here get mad at you because of that? As far as I'm concerned, you go freely around here saying such things about Beta.... so why do yo get so upset just because someone said something different in their post?

The part about Izzy is not related to Axl directly. I think she meant Izzy knows the band, the whole band, are creatively stuck and that's why he does not want to join them.

Personally, I think Izzy does not care about being in a big band anymore, even if GN'R were productive, I can't see Izzy being part of that again. Maybe an AFD5 show or tour, but chances are low.

I think at this point is pretty obvious that most of us don't know anything about this band or its member from a first hand experience. Does it need to be clarified every single time? :shrugs:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

No. It was a post knocking a man who nobody knows anything. 

Look, I don't care if people think bad of Axl (that is pretty popular here) but it's my opinion and I have the right to say it, assuming that he is somehow mentally impaired, because he is medicated and we all know that (how???) and because of that Izzy (the perfect) is not in the band and of course we all know that (how??) Was horrible thing to say with love and respect.

But like Tory said it must be "a cultural thing"

I honestly didn’t see it that way. Axl struggles with mental health issues - I think that’s obvious. He’s talked about it before. It’s good to see him happy and able to tour smoothly and live his life but those kind of things never go away completely, so I think it’s safe to assume he needs a lot of support from the people around him. And probably medication. 

I didn’t think any part of her post about that was knocking him. 

The Izzy thing, well, he isn’t perfect at all. It’s very frustrating to me as a fan of his that he never tours. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I honestly didn’t see it that way. Axl struggles with mental health issues - I think that’s obvious. He’s talked about it before. It’s good to see him happy and able to tour smoothly and live his life but those kind of things never go away completely, so I think it’s safe to assume he needs a lot of support from the people around him. And probably medication. 

I didn’t think any part of her post about that was knocking him. 

The Izzy thing, well, he isn’t perfect at all. It’s very frustrating to me as a fan of his that he never tours. 

I understand what you are saying, but assuming that "we all know" that is the reason that Axl is shut down creatively...shessh what a terrible thing to say and saying that "we all know"  that is the reason of Izzy not being there..wow... that take the cherry on top.

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

Just now, Georgina Arriaga said:

I understand what you are saying, but assuming that "we all know" that is  the reason that Axl is shut down creatively for that...shessh what a terrible thing to say and saying that "we all know"  that is the reason of Izzy not being there..wow... that take the cherry on top.

Yeah, we just don’t know about that part, it could be that Axl makes songs and music all of the time at his home studio ... but he sure has a huge hang up about releasing any of it to the public. 

I just took it that she was kind of talking about that situation than anything else. Taking the band forward by releasing new songs is just such a huge huge deal for some reason - the final hurdle for Axl imo. 

But if it doesn’t happen, then fine. 

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, we just don’t know about that part, it could be that Axl makes songs and music all of the time at his home studio ... but he sure has a huge hang up about releasing any of it to the public. 

I just took it that she was kind of talking about that situation than anything else. Taking the band forward by releasing new songs is just such a huge huge deal for some reason - the final hurdle for Axl imo. 

But if it doesn’t happen, then fine. 

Slash and Axl didn't spoke in 25 years, they shouted bitter and idiotic things to each other for years, the human in me tells me that it would be very difficult to reach the level of trust, chemistry and friendship that they had before the Great Divide, that takes time...is normal, is not going to be instant chemistry...I don't see that, but it looks they are taking steps, and is a good thing...I want a new album today, but that is not going to happen. 

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who could read my post correctly. I was even given credit to the possibility that it is just an snapshot and we see too much into it. Then I said „what I see is“... If that is not a marker for „and here comes my interpretation“ I don’t know what to do.

I want a new album as much as the next GnR fan. I will listen to anything new they put out, that’s for sure. I just think they won’t do it. :shrugs:

Also, I really don’t think it is knocking someone down when you talk about his mental issues and probable medication. There is no shame in having mental health issues and there is no shame in being medicated. I really think health and happiness of a person comes first, then, somewhere creativity and work. Axl should do what makes him happy and what keeps him alive. If a new record is too much for his stability and health I can totally live with that. 

I will always miss the band I got to know in the 80s/90s though but I am not here waiting for a new album. Like every other fan I know nothing, and I am speculating and interpreting from the little bits we get to know, that the band as a band (not it’s members like Slash or Duff individually) is creatively drought.

And yeah, Izzy as an artist is far from perfect, he is not even on the scene anymore. :facepalm::( 

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks to everyone who could read my post correctly. I was even given credit to the possibility that it is just an snapshot and we see too much into it. Then I said „what I see is“... If that is not a marker for „and here comes my interpretation“ I don’t know what to do.

I want a new album as much as the next GnR fan. I will listen to anything new they put out, that’s for sure. I just think they won’t do it. :shrugs:

Also, I really don’t think it is knocking someone down when you talk about his mental issues and probable medication. There is no shame in having mental health issues and there is no shame in being medicated. I really think health and happiness of a person comes first, then, somewhere creativity and work. Axl should do what makes him happy and what keeps him alive. If a new record is too much for his stability and health I can totally live with that. 

I will always miss the band I got to know in the 80s/90s though but I am not here waiting for a new album. Like every other fan I know nothing, and I am speculating and interpreting from the little bits we get to know, that the band as a band (not it’s members like Slash or Duff individually) is creatively drought.

And yeah, Izzy as an artist is far from perfect, he is not even on the scene anymore. :facepalm::( 

I read your post tori, and it was your point of view with no malice. You have nothing to apologise for. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1