GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

I'll sum up several things as I see them:

I don't think Beta is golddigger per se, if she was, Axl is most probably dead by now for some 20 years, I guess. Actually, first time I've seen Beta I didn't recognize her as Beta, because I really suck in recognizing people, but a woman being so mom (for no better words to describe that vibe) and looked at us down in the pit like she's seeing it for the first time. Some women are born mom. I think it's the first time Axl eventually got this kind of experience of someone basically not having own heavy issues and package, who honestly and peacefully cares about him and stands for him (it could never work in erotic relationship).

The only slightly odd thing on that photo for me is the little age difference. An old mom lady and a man having great respect for her. He's not even hunched like usual.

Axl belongs to the breed not much grounded to earthy things, these people, both men and women, attract people who care about them and their earthy needs. Be it Axl, be it Freddie, be it Janis, you may look around and find them also around you. They do magic stuff, people do mundane stuff for them so they can do their magic, they get protected and cared. Axl has way too much experience with management not truly caring about him, just making him to go onstage no matter what, like a circus animal. People demanding but not giving anything for exchange. Axl is picky about his tight circle now and may they not be the best choice business-wise, I think it doesn't matter to him, as far as they have certain something which attracts him and they are loyal. (Axl himself seems to be a drop-dead loyal and protective guy)

Being open about mental issues and discussing it is what is needed, because it's not uncommon. Each one of us may be wrong about particular person, but at least for me it teaches me to recognize patterns, which is good. People will discuss and diagnose weirdly behaving people anyway (I know this fairly well, some people are courageous enough to ask. I can even imply like being on meds, yet I'm not). I appreciated when the band chose to support mental health awareness foundation with their last show. 

Maybe Axl is now just cozy-happy man with stable life and friends circle. This always soothes soul, even if that circle is not conventional.

Call it a therapy, he met someone to take care of that frighten two-year-old and who slowly, step-by-step learned him to trust and make a bond and not to get frightened and freak out, because that's how he ruined many of his relationships in the past and suffered. Also to count, he aged - and some issues just go better with aging.

Family and business: There is the strategy not to mix family and business and then there is family business. Some people are raised in families with running business. Those kids basically never had a chance to choose career on their own, they are risen as a cogwheel. You know, there is prestige, income and these things which people thing will bring happiness. If they are lucky, they have both vision and skill needed. But some of them just not. They may be the nicest and sweetest and most loving creatures, but they are pain in the ass for everyone who they co-work with and is not family. They want to make it, to do their job well, but they would be better elsewhere. Lots of tension and friction, lots of insecurities and slow, not so well-done job, yet no one around is willing to break the circle. They can become scapegoat for everything that is not running like people expected, because they suck and they are insecure. And they cannot meet their life purpose and are unhappy, even their life looks like a dream outside. 

*Duff is putting out his own album, like... they didn't agree to work on the songs he wrote? Is there other material and those kind of didn't make it as GNR? Or he just doesn't want to wait?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, money honey said:

It looks to me like permanent eyeliner... you know, you get it tattooed on. I can't imagine Axl applying eyeliner every day.

Maybe Vanessa does it for him every time he goes out :confused:

I can't also imagine Axl getting a tattoed eyeliner... dont know why....

Maybe we all should share our nostalgic memories of this tour in this thread... What do you think? :smiley-confused2:

BTW, how are you getting ready for Xmas?? :ph34r:

I put my tree today. Got a smaller one because I didn't want to work a lot. Tomorrow I'll start wrapping the presents.

• GNFNR 1

Kinda surreal to think NITL ended. I've been following this whole thing since January 2016 and it's almost been 3 years wtf! Always fun to check this thread when big things happen lol. I wonder if we'll look back at this last hug video of the show in a few years if GNR split again and think man I remember that day.:lol: Hopefully this is not Argentina 1993 redux

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Kinda surreal to think NITL ended. I've been following this whole thing since January 2016 and it's almost been 3 years wtf! Always fun to check this thread when big things happen lol. I wonder if we'll look back at this last hug video of the show in a few years if GNR split again and think man I remember that day.:lol: Hopefully this is not Argentina 1993 redux

What hug video? I wanna see it!

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

For a band that has songs like It's So Easy and Rocket Queen it's not that hard to believe after all:lol:. Would be better suited for a 87-88 GNR show though lol

For some reason I think an 80s girl wouldn’t have said that....

34 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

She wants his sperms. 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle disgusted head shake gif

on the other hand....there's worse mental images that come to mind.  

Warning, if you are easily grossed out (or don't like Smith and Jones comedy sketch series)  don't watch this video: 

Spoiler

Never mind the Finnish subtitles 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 3