11/24/17 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

gunsguy

18 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Prostitute.  I know, the person who uploaded it got the title wrong. :facepalm: It's Prostitute.

Slash kills the solos again.  The 2nd one has this particularly high note, or a sort of 'screech' that sounds like it could cut glass, don't know if that's deliberate or not @soon What do you think?  Anyway I love it.  And the finish...:drool:   Slash owns this song now.  

The screech at the very end of the 2nd solo?  I think it was feedback and I wouldn't imagine that particular feedback was intended ( if it was, thats just one example of why Slash is a legend as imo its a nice punctuation), but it does seem that Slash was hoping to have a more melodious feedback to carry over the piano outro?  He walks to his speaker and seems to be playing in outro, so Id guess this was in attempt to get more feedback, maybe? I can only hear one channel of audio right now, so I cant hear if slash is audible during piano outro or not? Does Slash usually do a feed back thing over that part live? A really nice Estranged 'dolphin' sound feedback playing the orchestral role from the album version would be really cool imo.  

Theres also some harmonic over notes earlier in second solo, suggesting a tone that is prone to feedback.  To my ears Slash has dialled in a tone that is a bit shrill and likely serves to give more articulation when he's shredding.  It sounds different enough from his typical tone with out being a radical departure.

@MendezWondering your thoughts; is Slashs tone just slightly different here?  And about MPTUMs question too?

• Like 1

@soon No, the screech/squeak sound is beginning of 2nd solo right at the 4:25 mark.  I hadn't noticed the one you're pointing out so thanks!! Will go back and have a listen.  Shrill is a good word.  That's what it sounds like.  I like it.

Edit: the sound happens right on the 4:25 mark, so maybe go back a few seconds in case you miss it...

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Thanks 1