How important are they to you?

7 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

man i know you probably didnt but did you get to ask him about unreleased GNR music from 1985-1990? or maybe ask him if he has some tapes of uncirculated material like rehearsals and studio jams and whatever? id love to know that!

I did not unfortunately

• Like 1

This is a pretty tough one. 

Probably Axl. Now if the vocalist for the Duff/Izzy/Slash/Steven act leaked and it wasn't someone on my short list of 'I can't listen to this voice for 30 min staight much less more than an hour' or even more interestingly, no vocalist, I'd definitely choose them.

I go see Axl Rose.

I've always liked some of the others guys stuff too (VR, Conspirators, etc), but Axl as a songwriter, singer, performer has always been my favorite. I'm on of the crazies that prefer Chinese to any of the other guys' projects.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2017 at 9:02 PM, KiraMPD said:

Kinda ashamed to say this but... Axl. :smiley-confused2:

Actually, I have a couple of questions. Is this imaginary world set in present day or another period in history? And are Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven playing as Gn'R (and thus playing Gn'R songs), while Axl is playing new stuff he wrote as a solo artist?

I think to some degree there was an answer to the questions, VR. Ok no Izzy and no Steven but at least Sorum. Scott Weiland was a well known singer/frontman. A lot of GN'R, STP  and rock fans bought tickets to the shows and the albums.

5 hours ago, ludurigan said:

On July 7, 2017

On July 9, 2017

Thanks for clarifying the subject!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Look, someone thinks he's cool by quoting the first part of my text and ignoring the rest. Nice! I guess that's what people do when they realize that they've lost the argument. :shrugs:

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I did not unfortunately

i went to his show once and i was so happy to see him and there were so many people around him after the show that i dint get a chance to talk to him. well, anyway it is great to know that you had a good time with the best drummer ever!

:headbang:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bono said:

After reading this thread again I can't help but laugh at those who say Axl for sure because if he was a solo artist he's have so much more freedom to do whatever he wants. As if to suggest now suddenly the GnR name is a burden to Axl. Like it's this weight on his shoulders that has stiffled his creativity and if he could just shed the Guns N Roses name he'd suddenly become this insane creative force delivering the most incredible new music the world has ever heard, putting on shows that would blow our minds.  It's like for all the years people defended Axl saying he IS in fact Guns N Roses they're now saying if only he wasn't Guns N Roses then we'd get to see the real genius that is Axl Rose. :lol:

Gimme a break. Regardless of who the singer was the combination of Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven would absolutely blow Axl outta the water. Anyone who chose the Axl "solo" show over Guns N Roses would be severely disappointed afterwards. 

Excuse me but how can you say "...would be severly disapponted".  You don t know anything. People who love Axl s voice and his presence will not be disappointed. If you prefer the afd 4 that s super but don 't talk bad about Axl.

18 hours ago, Bono said:

After reading this thread again I can't help but laugh at those who say Axl for sure because if he was a solo artist he's have so much more freedom to do whatever he wants. As if to suggest now suddenly the GnR name is a burden to Axl. Like it's this weight on his shoulders that has stiffled his creativity and if he could just shed the Guns N Roses name he'd suddenly become this insane creative force delivering the most incredible new music the world has ever heard, putting on shows that would blow our minds. 

Has ANYONE actually said that though? People have said that it would be interesting to hear what Axl would do if he wasn't trying to live up to the GNR name. I don't think anyone has said that his solo stuff would probably be better. I personally very much doubt it would be. But it would be super interesting to know what he'd come up with anyway. That's all anyones's really saying I think. That it would be interesting.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i went to his show once and i was so happy to see him and there were so many people around him after the show that i dint get a chance to talk to him. well, anyway it is great to know that you had a good time with the best drummer ever!

:headbang:

Hell yeah man, they were great memories.. I was a bit younger so it was still so cool.. It was only a couple nights but a lot of cool, funny and even kind of sad stories. Very cool memories as a Guns fan.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Natty said:

Excuse me but how can you say "...would be severly disapponted".  You don t know anything. People who love Axl s voice and his presence will not be disappointed. If you prefer the afd 4 that s super but don 't talk bad about Axl.

If Axl makes just one album in 10 years (an album that makes little impact) revolving door band members, no interviews, cancelled tours, riots, going M.I.A. for years, no information or explanation of any kind. On the other hand you have Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler in a band together and doing exactly the opposite to Axl's band. It doesn't matter what the names of their respective bands are. Or how amazing Axl's voice is. Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler are going to have the fans on their side. Because fans want an active band, albums, tours and information about current and future activities or plans.

6 hours ago, Padme said:

If Axl makes just one album in 10 years (an album that makes little impact) revolving door band members, no interviews, cancelled tours, riots, going M.I.A. for years, no information or explanation of any kind. On the other hand you have Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler in a band together and doing exactly the opposite to Axl's band. It doesn't matter what the names of their respective bands are. Or how amazing Axl's voice is. Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler are going to have the fans on their side. Because fans want an active band, albums, tours and information about current and future activities or plans.

That's an IF though. I think Natty was trying to say that we don't know what it would be like if Axl went solo. Therefore nobody knows if we would be disappointed. The biggest reason why Axl's been afraid to release music has most likely been because he's been trying to make music that's worthy of the GNR name. If he went solo, that pressure would be gone and he could release anything that he wants to. 

Also Axl hasn't cancelled shows in ages, there's been no riots and he's done a decent amount of interviews, so there's really no reason to expect things to change for the worse if he went solo.

Then again I don't think Axl will ever go solo, so there's not much point in speculating this.

2 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

That's an IF though. I think Natty was trying to say that we don't know what it would be like if Axl went solo. Therefore nobody knows if we would be disappointed. The biggest reason why Axl's been afraid to release music has most likely been because he's been trying to make music that's worthy of the GNR name. If he went solo, that pressure would be gone and he could release anything that he wants to. 

Also Axl hasn't cancelled shows in ages, there's been no riots and he's done a decent amount of interviews, so there's really no reason to expect things to change for the worse if he went solo.

Then again I don't think Axl will ever go solo, so there's not much point in speculating this.

The thread is about speculating what would people do. Axl went solo. He just carry the GN'R name with him. And he did things I pointed out. It doesn't matter when he did it. But the fact that he did a lot of things that didn't help himself and what he was planning to do.

58 minutes ago, Padme said:

The thread is about speculating what would people do. Axl went solo. He just carry the GN'R name with him. And he did things I pointed out. It doesn't matter when he did it. But the fact that he did a lot of things that didn't help himself and what he was planning to do.

It did appear he tried to do everything he could to sabatoge his own career. I did like the album though.

15 hours ago, Padme said:

He went solo in theory, but he did carry the GNR name with him, so he still had the burden to try to live up to the name. He didn't just do any kind of music he wanted to do. He was trying to make music that would have the qualities that he though were essential to GNR music. This is all apparent when you read his interviews. So he's never been a solo artist in the sense, that he would just make any kind of music that he feels like doing. Throughout the years he's been trying to make GNR music. You might say that he failed at that, but that's what he was trying to do anyway. And that's why people are interested to hear, what kind of music he'd do if he actually went solo. And pointing out things that he did back in the day, when he was trying to re-create GNR has very little to do with what would happen if he actually went solo. That's what I'm trying to say.