is it better to have a pit ticket, or a really good floor seat

By myself I prefer pit and get there early to make a break for the inner elbow rail position of catwalk/stage.  If with buddies I think I actually prefer seats and a more leisurely arrival / evening.

I was on the floor Vegas night 1 and Orlando show last year....and then in the pit Vegas night 2.  Sooooo much closer in the pit....and you're going to be standing the entire time anyway....even if you want space, you would actually have more space around you just standing in the back of the pit AND you would still be closer than anywhere on the floor.  Pit all the way. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I was on the floor Vegas night 1 and Orlando show last year....and then in the pit Vegas night 2.  Sooooo much closer in the pit....and you're going to be standing the entire time anyway....even if you want space, you would actually have more space around you just standing in the back of the pit AND you would still be closer than anywhere on the floor.  Pit all the way. 

I was in Chicago last year and it wasn't that case as they packed everyone in like a sardine and there was very little room to move even in the back (unless you went off to the side), that is why I am leaning towards the seat mainly because of the room especially since this is an aisle seat, though I know the experience in the pit is probably better being surrounded by GNR die hards, ehh decisions

11 minutes ago, k12 said:

I was in Chicago last year and it wasn't that case as they packed everyone in like a sardine and there was very little room to move even in the back (unless you went off to the side), that is why I am leaning towards the seat mainly because of the room especially since this is an aisle seat, though I know the experience in the pit is probably better being surrounded by GNR die hards, ehh decisions

If you're used to being in the pit then just about anywhere on the floor (except maybe first couple of rows) will seem far....trust me...even the back side of the pit is much closer than the floor....but hey, learn the hard way I guess....lol.

8 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

I know this isn't really the thread for it, but for the better of clogging up the board more... Will they have the big screens at these 20,000 seat indoor shows?

Yes...they did in Vegas.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

I know this isn't really the thread for it, but for the better of clogging up the board more... Will they have the big screens at these 20,000 seat indoor shows?

Yes they will.

7 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

If you're used to being in the pit then just about anywhere on the floor (except maybe first couple of rows) will seem far....trust me...even the back side of the pit is much closer than the floor....but hey, learn the hard way I guess....lol.

Yes...they did in Vegas.

you are right, I know you get spoiled, I have just had bad experiences in the pit as well, mainly because I am standing behind someone who is 5 inches taller than me and you are stuck in the pit and can't move and you do not want to give up your spot

1 minute ago, k12 said:

you are right, I know you get spoiled, I have just had bad experiences in the pit as well, mainly because I am standing behind someone who is 5 inches taller than me and you are stuck in the pit and can't move and you do not want to give up your spot

Idk, I've always been able to move around some in the pit....if I get too crowded, I just move to the back....problem is with floor seats (actually happened to me at the Orlando show) if you're not happy with your seat (someone 5 inches taller could also end up being in front of you on the floor as well, btw) you're stuck....and you'll end up watching the show from the aisles (what I ended up doing last year in Orlando)....and security asking you to move every 5 minutes.

• Like 1

I always prefer standing and the sound is usually better too - it can echo horribly in stadiums around the stands.

Although how tall are you? I'm about 6 foot and I could not see anything at the london gig.

Love being in the pit for smaller gigs, but the combination of either having to pick your spot and stay there all night, or risk losing it should you want a drink/to urinate is annoying. I'm too old for that nonsense. A good night with a seat of your own is far better than a bad night in the pit. 

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Love being in the pit for smaller gigs, but the combination of either having to pick your spot and stay there all night, or risk losing it should you want a drink/to urinate is annoying. I'm too old for that nonsense. A good night with a seat of your own is far better than a bad night in the pit. 

this, but F me I lost that really good seat, I was basically holding it on Ticketmaster for about 4 hours, than I went to make dinner and I waited to long to "renew" it and of course someone else scooped it up

1 hour ago, Original said:

I'm pitting it on Sunday.  Hanging in back/side so I have elbow room and can make a beer run easier etc...  As far as reserved seats, I only go aisle, can't stand being in the middle of some section. 

and this as well, it is aisle or bust for me on a reserve seat especially if it is a band I am really into, to many bad experiences being crammed into a small spot with someone 6 inches taller than me in front of me and 100 pounds heavier to the sides of me