When Axl has started to sing You could be mine with no rasp?

The fact that he sang it without rasp already in 2002 gives hope that some day we might see some raspy You Could Be Mine's again. But it's unlikely. In 2010 YCBM was pretty awesome, but in 2011 the rasp was gone. It's one of the best GNR songs though, so it's unlikely that it'll be dropped from the setlist. But I do agree that it's one of the weakest sounding songs currently.

• Like 1

He's been having weak performances of the song for years, 2011 is where the falsetto crap started. I agree that Axl needs to either rework the song or just drop it entirely, as the Mickey voice flat out doesn't work on this song. It's a song that's supposed to be badass and is a heavy rock track, and his Mickey voice makes it sound like a grandma got drunk on a karaoke night.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

He's been having weak performances of the song for years, 2011 is where the falsetto crap started. I agree that Axl needs to either rework the song or just drop it entirely, as the Mickey voice flat out doesn't work on this song. It's a song that's supposed to be badass and is a heavy rock track, and his Mickey voice makes it sound like a grandma got drunk on a karaoke night.

If Axl can sing If You Want Blood he can sing this right 

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The falsetto shit started in 2002, it sounds no different than 2011, he went back to it again 9 years later after dropping it in 2006-2010

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This! I couldn't agree more. The thing is that its so great powerful song and its so painfull to hear it nowedays. 

10 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The falsetto shit started in 2002, it sounds no different than 2011, he went back to it again 9 years later after dropping it in 2006-2010

All that synth shit at the start was meant to be contemporary but actually sounds like an 80s sci-fi movie.

15 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

:vomit:Omg i'm so glad that band belong in the past.. great musicians but NOT as GN'R. just awful. and his voice...

18 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

i love how controlled he was in 06 when he sang this good. It was like he was standing in a studio recording 

I was to young to see GN'R in the 90's. soo greatful that i got to se Axl live in 2006 great energy and excellent voice!