THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You are my Solskjær! My only Solskjær! You make me happy when skies are grey!!

His philosophy is so simple my brain almost imploded. He was saying you just past it around looking to slip in the striker. So Martial and Rashford will be happy. But you need Scholes to provide the service. Maybe Herrera can do that. Mata and Herrera. 

Edited by wasted

Scholes, there's another fuckin' ginger prick.  Something about United they seem to sign the biggest fuckin' wankers in football history.  If you look at em there ain't one person on their squad you can look at and go 'y'know, that guys alright', Keano, dickhead, Scholes, dickhead, Beckham, poncy dickhead, Schmiechel, racist dickhead, Van Nistelrooy, even his own teammates thought he was a cunt...Rio Ferdinand, that slaphead Barthez, the Neville wankers, Giggs, the man shagged his own brothers wife for crying out loud.  Pull that shirt on and BANG, you're a wanker.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Just wishful thinking from my side. But how awesome wouldn't that be? YOU ARE MY SOLSKJÆR! MY ONLY SOLSKJÆR! I have sung that at Old Trafford. And in pubs before a game.

You need a big name that can bring in players. Zidane was floating around. 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Scholes, there's another fuckin' ginger prick.  Something about United they seem to sign the biggest fuckin' wankers in football history.  If you look at em there ain't one person on their squad you can look at and go 'y'know, that guys alright', Keano, dickhead, Scholes, dickhead, Beckham, poncy dickhead, Schmiechel, racist dickhead, Van Nistelrooy, even his own teammates thought he was a cunt...Rio Ferdinand, that slaphead Barthez, the Neville wankers, Giggs, the man shagged his own brothers wife for crying out loud.  Pull that shirt on and BANG, you're a wanker.

YOU ARE MY SOLSKJÆR! MY ONLY SOLSKJÆR! YOU MAKE ME MAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GREY!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

YOU ARE MY SOLSKJÆR! MY ONLY SOLSKJÆR! YOU MAKE ME MAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GREY!

Joseys sacking has apparently hit Soulie hard :lol: 

13 minutes ago, wasted said:

I like Zidane, I hope and pray that they don't get Zidane. 

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

That's my main issue with Carrick, too.  But big names typically have strong egos and demand lots of money. Let's start with Carrick, if he can get a swing on things then surely he will be able to buy good players. And we shouldn't necessarily go for the most expensive guys, but go for the brilliant acquisitions - Liverpool style. Find the great ones that will be top-class in 2-3 years, and think long-term. Build a new team. I hate this strategy of just buying the best from wherever. Build the team, don't buy it! Then you also build fan loyalty. You build local loyalty. You build a brand. You are not just another City or Chelsea. But it requires intelligent acquisitions. Not just going for whoever is most trendy at the moment. And I would like the club to take the same approach now when they are hiring the next manager, find the one that will be best n a long-term perspective, not just the biggest name.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

You need a certain arrogance to play for Utd. The players they have now are too nice. They are all happy to sit on the bench. There’s no characters or leaders either. It’s kind of a different time though. City and Liverpool are kind of ego-less though. 

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Joseys sacking has apparently hit Soulie hard :lol: 

I like Zidane, I hope and pray that they don't get Zidane. 

It's early Jul for me.

Zidane? Just because he was a good player and managed Real for a bit? Seems risky to me. No, find an English guy, or Solskjær, someone who truly loves the club or place and has this as his long-term dream. Not just someone who wants to get some experience before he moves back to Spain or wherever, someone who just uses it as a stepping stone. 

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

You need a certain arrogance to play for Utd. The players they have now are too nice. They are all happy to sit on the bench. There’s no characters or leaders either. It’s kind of a different time though. City and Liverpool are kind of ego-less though. 

They're still wankers...its just they're pussies now as well.  No heart.  Not that they had a great deal even then, its just they were afraid of Keane and Fergie.  You need Keano about to slap your Nicky Butts into line.

Just now, wasted said:

We need a Keane, yeah. Someone to knock some heads and break some legs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That's my main issue with Carrick, too.  But big names typically have strong egos and demand lots of money. Let's start with Carrick, if he can get a swing on things then surely he will be able to buy good players. And we shouldn't necessarily go for the most expensive guys, but go for the brilliant acquisitions - Liverpool style. Find the great ones that will be top-class in 2-3 years, and think long-term. Build a new team. I hate this strategy of just buying the best from wherever. Build the team, don't buy it! Then you also build fan loyalty. You build local loyalty. You build a brand. You are not just another City or Chelsea. But it requires intelligent acquisitions. Not just going for whoever is most trendy at the moment. And I would like the club to take the same approach now when they are hiring the next manager, find the one that will be best n a long-term perspective, not just the biggest name.

Mourniho was meant to be long term. But fans want results now. Managers almost have 3 games before pressure starts mounting. 

Liverpool did get Van Dikj and have those 3 strikers. Solid back 4 and squad but it’s Salah and Mane that really run lesser teams ragged. Utd don’t have anyone like that. They have a squad but they need Varane, Griezmann and MBappe to really make a difference. They need a couple of players who can skin everyone a score on their own. At the moment it looks like they will never score. And when they do no one knows how. Rashford and Martial score sometimes but they aren’t turning defenses inside out like Salah or Sterling do. 

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We need a Keane, yeah. Someone to knock some heads and break some legs.

I don’t really understand modern football. This high line, team pressing style. It seems like you can have average centre mids. But you need amazing/fast defemders and all the players have to know where to be to stop the counter. But then up top you need razor sharp strikers. Mourniho seemed to have players for more of a possession game? They were playing like England did in WC. Not really going for the counter attack not really holding a high line. Just holding ball hoping extra quality will pay off. Like Lukaku for Belgium in WC his ass was on fire the whole game. But for Utd hes just up top trying to hold up play. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

They're still wankers...its just they're pussies now as well.  No heart.  Not that they had a great deal even then, its just they were afraid of Keane and Fergie.  You need Keano about to slap your Nicky Butts into line.

Butt was pretty psycho himself. That’s the point they weren’t carrying many. Beckham was the lightweight. Even Scholes could put in a waist high tackle. There were so many strings to those Utd teams. Beckham on freekicks and corners all those centre backs coming up. Giggs down the left. Van Ni would fight off three players to score. Even Gary was pegging up there to get crosses in. 

Now there’s Rashford on left who doesn’t seem that dangerous. No one is a threat in the box. No ones lethal from freekicks. No leg breakers. 

Theres things they could have done like make Mata the new Scholes and have Martial and Rashford be like Cole/Yorke up fromt. Lingard isnt really Beckham or Ronaldo. He’s basically a good sub. 

They need at least 3 big players to come in. 

39 minutes ago, wasted said:

Zidane might be able to get Griezman and MBappe or Varane. Join Pogba. Then it starts to look more like a proper Utd team. 

What? Mourinho wasn't a long-term signing. Whoever told you that s your enemy. Mourinho lasts two three seasons and leaves in disgrace. That's him. He was a mercenary manager. A big name that could draw quality players. A big name that could quickly turn things around after the failures of Moyes and Gaal. 

We need long-term thinking. Build not buy. Mourinho was the opposite. You don't buy someone who has just failed and costs a fortune and has a horrible personality and who plays boring football to take over the legacy of Ferguson. Hiring Mourinho was panicky. The decision to fire him was the best decision this team has made in 3 years. And there's been many bad decisions. Like hiring Sanchez. Again, short-sighted. Hoping there would still be some power left in those old legs, even if he obviously was on the turn down in whatever mediocre club they found him. Buy young, buy cheap, buy for the future, and buy with a strategy beyond just getting celebrities.

Griezman, Mbappe, Varana and Pogma don't make a Manchester United. These are hired mercenaries. They make a Manchester City...or a Chelsea. What United needs are local lads, British players. Names like Jones and Morrison, McBoring and McBland. Sturdy, no-nonsense guys, and one crazy Irishman to top it off. And then sprinkle it with a few world-class players that lifts it all. And a down-to-the earth manager who understands he has the best job in the world, knows how to get these guys to work together, and has the blessing of the owners who want him to succeed after three years, not immediately at all costs. Then you build a brand, you build fan loyalty, you build local power, you build something that transcends modern capitalist football, something with soul. You build something that extends the legacy and makes Manchester United the greatest club in the world.