THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

That's half-Norwegian. I knew you had it in you. And when I say "you", I mean one of your maternal ancestors. And when I say "it", I mean the cock of a Norse viking. Half-breed the lot of you.

Norse. "Hjem".

When did the Scandinavian specie switch from hairy arsed beery chaps, to homosexual guys in sequins on Eurovision? When did this great switch take place - I'm curious? It is a faultline in your history.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

When did the Scandinavian specie switch from hairy arsed beery chaps, to homosexual guys in sequins on Eurovision? When did this great switch take place - I'm curious? It is a faultline in your history.

Talk about the luck of 9 bastards, they got in long boats and rowed across the channel looking for crumpet and ended up in Tyneside...how mingin' must the norse birds have been :lol:

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

This should be directed to a Swede or a Dane.

Are you saying Norway has maintained her manhood unlike aforementioned?  You yourself have your modern gizmos and dishwashers. You go to Old Trafford to eat prawn sandwiches. You should be hunting bears and deer. I will allow you a firearm - not a spear. I'll concede you that bit of modernity. But nope. What a disappointment.  

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Talk about the luck of 9 bastards, they got in long boats and rowed across the channel looking for crumpet and ended up in Tyneside...how mingin' must the norse birds have been :lol:

They were all krauts anyhow. Soul's lot were a later edition of krauts which invaded older Krauts. This is spunko's island really. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Are you saying Norway has maintained her manhood unlike aforementioned?  You yourself have your modern gizmos and dishwashers. You go to Old Trafford to eat prawn sandwiches. You should be hunting bears and deer. I will allow you a firearm - not a spear. I'll concede you that bit of modernity. But nope. What a disappointment.  

No, not necessarily. If I was to expand I would that your misconceptions about the vikings are probably as profound as your misconceptions about modern Scandinavia. You are basically comparing one inaccurate caricature with another inaccurate caricature. 

So manhood is about living in the past? Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that :lol:

Manchester United announced today that former striker Ole Gunnar Solskjær has been appointed as caretaker manager until the end of the 2018/19 season.

Solskjær scored 126 goals in 366 appearances for United between 1996 and 2007. In 2008 he became the club’s reserve-team manager, before taking the managerial role at FC Molde in Norway.

Solskjær will take charge of the first team with immediate effect and will remain in place while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new full-time manager. He will be joined by Mike Phelan as first-team coach, working alongside Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna.

“Manchester United is in my heart and it’s brilliant to be coming back in this role. I’m really looking forward to working with the very talented squad we have, the staff and everyone at the club,” said Solskjær.

Ed Woodward, Executive Vice Chairman, comments:

“Ole is a club legend with huge experience, both on the pitch and in coaching roles. His history at Manchester United means he lives and breathes the culture here and everyone at the club is delighted to have him and Mike Phelan back. We are confident they will unite the players and the fans as we head into the second half of the season.”

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

No he wasn't - the myth was largely perpetuated by English media - but I decided not to mention that in order to draw the comparison. 

As a historian, you decided to not correct a wildly perpetuated historical myth to make a comparison that only works when the myth is thought to be factual? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well that was a fuckin' shit end to a shit day.  Been narked off all day and thats capped it off handsomely.  The only conciliation was watching Smelly Alli bottle it from Granit Xhaka like the fuckin' little minge that he is.  

I'll say no more then.

2-0 though :P

• Haha 1

Definitely a big chance. City aren’t quite as convincing as they looked. They do have tons of players though. De Brunye to cone back. If Salah gets injured then no. But it might be close if Liverpool key players stay fit. 

Pep will prob buy 3 more players in January though. 

11 hours ago, wasted said:

Definitely a big chance. City aren’t quite as convincing as they looked. They do have tons of players though. De Brunye to cone back. If Salah gets injured then no. But it might be close if Liverpool key players stay fit. 

Pep will prob buy 3 more players in January though. 

Maybe Liverpool can go for Fekir again in January. Hopefully we strengthen. De Bryune just came back didn’t he? I’m sure he even scored a quality goal. 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You think? I was surprised how British he sounded, even Mancunian, but then it dawned on me that he spent so many years in Manchester that it only makes sense.

I can barely remember him to be honest and I actually still watched football during his era.