Bands performing albums in their entirety

Powerage5

I saw Springsteen do The River in its entirety. It was a pretty decent show. Then he played a set of extra hits afterward. That's when he brought out songs that most people were there to hear like Born in the USA and Born to Run and such. 

Overall, im not a very big fan of the "play the album from beginning to end live" thing though. I like it when a band mixes things up.

Pearl Jam have done this a couple times spontaneously. Actually they have done this with 7 out of their 10 studio albums. 

PJ played all of "Ten" in 1992 to fill up a 2 hour set, then they did it again in 2016 in Philly randomly. 

All of "Vs." was played in Greenville, SC last year. 

All of "No Code" was played in 2014 in Moline, IL. 

All of "Yield" was played in Milwaukee, WI in 2014. 

All of "Binaural" was played in Toronto last year. 

And all of their self-titled album was played at one show while they were touring for it in 2006.

On 14.9.2017 at 8:43 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Overall, im not a very big fan of the "play the album from beginning to end live" thing though. I like it when a band mixes things up.

It's a good idea for anniversaries. I wish that GN'R would play the entire CD album in 2018.

David Bowie's Heathen tour was pretty awesome, in that he first played Low in its entirety, then Heathen in its entirety, then the other hits to close the show.

Megadeth's done Rust in Peace & Countdown to Extinction in their entirety for those anniversary tours.

One of my most favorite shows ever is Electric Six doing a set of "the hits", then playing Fire in its entirety for the encore.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/09/2017 at 10:36 AM, Twist Of Lime said:

Back in 2014, I saw Bruce Springsteen play Born In The USA top to bottom then Born To Run the next night.

That's the dream, when Bruce toured the UK in 2013 he played his classic albums in full at different venues, we got Born in the USA, epic stuff. Would love him to do the Rising 

I think Aerosmith did all of toys in the attic in 2009. Motley Crue with dr feel good and Metallica with the black album are other ones I can recall. I don't know why guns couldn't do all of appetite this year. Only 3 songs they haven't played on this tour yet.

I think it's a cool concept because most times you get to see some songs which are pretty rarely played. So far I've seen:

Metallica-Master of Puppets

Bruce Springsteen-The River

Bruce Springsteen-Born to Run

Interpol-Turn on the Bright Lights