Dealing with abandonment?

AxlRoseCDII

I left my ex because she's a irretrievably insular, destructive looser.  I want nothing to do with her - we've wrapped things up.  She's toxic.  The other day she emailed a misguided attempt to change the narrative and re-establish some sort of positive connection.  But heres the thing:  she cc'd my dad on the email!  Its crazy.  Crazier still: my Dad just casually accepted having some sort of role!!

wtf

This is the craziest situation.  I have no words for how crazy this all is.  I have no point of reference for this - is this a thing?  Ive yet to get past the " did this really happen?" stage of shock.

So, hope anyone else going through abandonment on either side are fairing better.

1 hour ago, soon said:

I left my ex because she's a irretrievably insular, destructive looser.  I want nothing to do with her - we've wrapped things up.  She's toxic.  The other day she emailed a misguided attempt to change the narrative and re-establish some sort of positive connection.  But heres the thing:  she cc'd my dad on the email!  Its crazy.  Crazier still: my Dad just casually accepted having some sort of role!!

wtf

This is the craziest situation.  I have no words for how crazy this all is.  I have no point of reference for this - is this a thing?  Ive yet to get past the " did this really happen?" stage of shock.

So, hope anyone else going through abandonment on either side are fairing better.

You should've emailed back 'can't talk now, with a prostitute, i'll get back to you later', that would've put a full stop on it :lol: 

On 9/14/2017 at 2:21 AM, Graeme said:

Tonight, the drummer in my band posted in our group chat to tell us that he doesn't feel he's got time for it anymore and he's leaving. This thread seemed like an appropriate place to let out a bit of how I feel about it. 

I'm gutted, truly, we've been playing music together since 2009, we put together this band in 2012 and it's survived him going to Peru, me going to Mexico twice (and living in England for the best part of two years), our bassist spending two summers in the US. We just kept it really flexible, but knew it was always there to come back to, we'd play on average about 5 shows a year, but they were always days to look forward to. We'd pile all the gear in his car, drive up to Glasgow all singing in the car, play the show, get a big energy buzz, hang out with our friends and then drift back home in the small hours of the morning. I kinda thought we'd just always do it, cause it was set up to not put pressure on our lives.

He works full time, has just started a new relationship and his other hobby, fighting robots, has taken off in the last couple of years as it's become part of a popular TV franchise, he's become reasonably well known through that and now does events throughout the year, even when the TV show isn't going on, so I understand the strains on his time.

I just have no idea what to do about the band without him... I want to have loads more nights like the gigs we've played, I want to keep writing music with those guys, I love the songs we already have and I want to keep playing them. I don't really want to search for another drummer, I think finding someone who is as good as he is would be difficult enough on its own, but finding someone with a personality that fits the band as well as he does would be even more difficult. 

I haven't even written a reply in the social media thread. I don't know what to say. :(

Your ''Nu-what ever your band name is?'' era starts now. Ever liked Trent Reznor? Now is your chance.