Chances of “Free Fallin” live?

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

Those end falsetto bits ("hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo") are incredibly high. I've heard a number of professional singers cover Purple Rain and botch that bit up.

Agreed, that is the challenging part of the song. But the rest, not so much.

Axl Rose back on his prime would not only do justice to anything he would´ve attempted but he made this things even better that their original pieces. At least to me. 

I love his take on Free Fallin', I´d love to have a good recording of it. 

Nowadays I´m not sure if he could do that. I mean, we really don't know what he is capable of, I guess he is the only one who does. He seems to have lost his mid range, but sometimes in very few moments, he seems to let us know it´s still there, but it's his choice (probably to be able to make long shows/tours) not to use it. 

Whether he is capable of using it in a recording, that´s my only concern (IF NEW RECORDINGS EVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY)

On 10/4/2017 at 4:17 PM, Towelie said:

Axl said himself they didn't do a Prince song because they knew they wouldn't be able to do it justice. Axl can cover Tom Petty and sound good (he knocked Petty outta the park when they performed Free Fallin together back in the day). These days, I'm sure Axl could muster up a satisfactory performance of pretty much any Petty number. Hearing Axl attempt something like Purple Rain, Nothing Compares 2 U or Lets Go Crazy would've been a carcrash. He simply doesn't possess the talent to pull off Prince, vocally.

You're wording was a bit funny. His voice doesn't suit etc. fine! but if we're talking about Axl and not having the talent to pull off a song? even in 2017 Axl can surprise us, I don't doubt with the right key and arrangement that Axl could knock Nothing compares to you, Let's go crazy or purple rain out of the park. Imagine Axl interpreting Let's go crazy with that high belter voice, similar to how he sings You're crazy.

3 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

Axl cant even do Gnr songs justice, not sure how he can do a cover justice.

Well personally I've seen the live show this year and I had a good time. I agree songs don't sound the way they use to and I don't expect them to. I also think the setlist needs to be reworked to highlight his strengths properly. I also seen AC/DC with Axl and for the most part he did the songs justice. But as much as it pains me to say it.. he tends to do better on covers instead of most of his own material. But as I said that's just my opinion. It's also my opinion no one will sing a Tom Petty song better than the man himself. But it is nice to honor a true icon. 

19 hours ago, Grayfox said:

Well personally I've seen the live show this year and I had a good time. I agree songs don't sound the way they use to and I don't expect them to. I also think the setlist needs to be reworked to highlight his strengths properly. I also seen AC/DC with Axl and for the most part he did the songs justice. But as much as it pains me to say it.. he tends to do better on covers instead of most of his own material. But as I said that's just my opinion. It's also my opinion no one will sing a Tom Petty song better than the man himself. But it is nice to honor a true icon. 

The problem is he sings AC DC songs like shit when he covers them in GNR.  When he sang with AC DC he sounded much better because he gave a shit.

But take black hole sun for example,Axl sounds awful on it.

On 05/10/2017 at 12:55 PM, Alejandro GNR said:

Axl Rose back on his prime would not only do justice to anything he would´ve attempted but he made this things even better that their original pieces. At least to me.

i share the same opinion

guns n roses is the only band (and axl rose is the only singer) that were ever able to outdo the stones, acdc, aerosmith, bob dylan and many more on their own songs

On 05/10/2017 at 12:55 PM, Alejandro GNR said:

I love his take on Free Fallin', I´d love to have a good recording of it.

what do you mean? you have the almost perfect recording of it on that MTV Awards performance!

:headbang:

4 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

The problem is he sings AC DC songs like shit when he covers them in GNR.  When he sang with AC DC he sounded much better because he gave a shit.

But take black hole sun for example,Axl sounds awful on it.

Yeah but then you have Witchita Lineman that actually sounds good and some would say I Feel Good sounds good, and Big Shot. Also people can hate The Seeker in the set all they want but it sounds good. But I agree Black Hole Sun does sound awful. I also don't like the song to begin with and I believe it was a poor song for him to cover in memory of Chris. It doesn't suit his vocal style in my opinion. But I believe overall when he's covering it's good more times then not. 

18 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Yeah but then you have Witchita Lineman that actually sounds good and some would say I Feel Good sounds good, and Big Shot. Also people can hate The Seeker in the set all they want but it sounds good. But I agree Black Hole Sun does sound awful. I also don't like the song to begin with and I believe it was a poor song for him to cover in memory of Chris. It doesn't suit his vocal style in my opinion. But I believe overall when he's covering it's good more times then not. 

low voice axl doesnt sound awful

3 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i share the same opinion

guns n roses is the only band (and axl rose is the only singer) that were ever able to outdo the stones, acdc, aerosmith, bob dylan and many more on their own songs

what do you mean? you have the almost perfect recording of it on that MTV Awards performance!

:headbang:

I mean a GREAT audio quality...it sounds good in the sense that ee can enjoy it, but I'd like it like Iron Maiden Live albums quality, if you know what I mean