2017 TRACII GUNS INTERVIEW: "Axl sang and I was like, 'Oh shit. Wow'."; "Izzy became a big part of the writing scenario"; "[Axl behavior] made it really not fun'"; "Izzy and Axl called, 'Look, we're gonna have Slash"

15 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Fuck, what a post... I am out of breath here. Thank you so much for letting me know that...

My Way Your Way/Anything Goes

Shadow of Your Love

Wreckless Life/Reckless Life

Think About You

Back off Bitch

Move to the City

are irrelevant to GNR... WOW

I always found all these songs to be fantastic, i always thought that any band in the world would kill to have songs like those, but since you are saying they are irrelevant, it is obvious that I was clearly mistaken. That is priceless info, thanks for sharing it

Thanks also for letting me know that all the known and obscure songs Axl and Izzy wrote during their time pre-GNR are also irrelevant to GNR. I always found them to be very good specially considering that they are very raw songs written by very young kids. I also always thought that they served the purpose of honing and fine-tuning Axl and Izzy songwriting abilities, so much so that when they wrote Appetite with Slash and Duff and Steven, they were able to write much better songs. Hey, but since you are saying they are irrelevant, it is obvious that I was clearly mistaken. That is also priceless info, thanks for sharing it

Thanks for trying to make a joke about Wreckless Life, that was sooo funny. We need more jokes like that in this forum, specially from people who dont have any idea that Wreckless Life is the original title of Reckless Life. Its pretty rare to find people who dont know that in 2017, i get so amused when i find one. I love people who dont care about something and who dont know much about something and go to forums to spread nonsense and make jokes. its such fun to read posts like that, in fact i wanna be like that when i grow up

Oh, thanks for letting me know the band re-wrote Anything Goes for Appetite. I had no idea. Seriously. That is fresh information to me. I have this Hollywood Rose recording of MY WAY YOUR WAY that has pretty much the exactly same arrangements, parts and riffs. The only thing that changed was the lyrics and vocal melodies on the verses and of course the Slash solo. Would you be kind enough to send me the recordings when the sonng was completely different. That must be a GNR treasure

Oh, and last, but definetely not least, thank you so very much for giving me masturbating suggestions. That was so classy and inspiring.

agreed

There's only so much time I'm willing to waste with some genius who calls the band "Guns N' Aliens" so there's only one thing I'm gonna say, I never claimed those songs you listed are irrelevant to GNR, I was talking about the other ones.

Other than that, whatever, dude... 

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I'd think you knew the gospel by heart :lol:

Seriously, it's a good read :)

I'm sure it is! I'm definitely going to read it soon. Must be all dusty :P

19 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They'd have been another hair band without Slash, maybe an above average hair band but a hair band nonetheless that would have certainly disappeared into the annals of history. Slash added the emotive bluesy sound which is unmistakably 'Guns N' Roses'.

exactly

the one thing i dont agree is that i dont think axl and izzy would ever allow "their" band to be a stupid hair metal band, they would never go in that direction i suppose

Without Slash there would be no Welcome To The Jungle, Welcome To The Jungle was the song that allegedly melted MTV's phone lines.

Without Slash there would be no Sweet Child O' Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine was the song that broke Guns N' Roses big time.

With Tracii, Guns N' Roses was a fun side project by the band members of L.A Guns.

With Tracii, Guns N' Roses would have stayed a fun side project by the members of L.A Guns.

• Like 3

Slash Heavy/Blues approach is what gave Izzy/Axl tunes a certain charm that the bands at that time didnt have.
I like the first three L.A Guns albums but they are what they are, generic hair metal, bland and passable and I'm pretty sure GNR wouldnt sound as great as it had if Slash werent there. Slash had a particular way of doing his stuff, a particular tone and timbre that already stood out in the very begining, Tracii on the other hand was just mimeing Van Halen/Kiss and goin with the trends... Not that interesting I guess.

I think even Poison would benefit had Slash joined, and Poison is a TERRIBLE band, way more than L.A Guns.

• Like 1