Caram Costanzo (Guns N' Roses sound engineer) was nominated for best front of house engineer.

Sorry, but the survey you are trying to access is no longer active. If you feel that you have received this message in error, please email us at registration@tourlinkconference.com and include the original invitation to access the survey.

Thank You,

The Support Team at Tour Link Conference

7 hours ago, Sosso said:

Sorry, but the survey you are trying to access is no longer active. If you feel that you have received this message in error, please email us at registration@tourlinkconference.com and include the original invitation to access the survey.

Thank You,

The Support Team at Tour Link Conference

Same here.

I feel like some people here are not aware of what front of house mixing is - given that people have bashed him for work on an album released 7-8 years before this tour, and for broadcasts

Front of house engineers focus on mixing a live show for the audience physically there at the show.  I can't comment on any other shows but my own, however the two shows I saw in 2016 sounded great and were clear and I had no complaints

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GnrJasmin92 said:

Meeh, still not voting for the guy. Also, many instruments on CD are barely noticable and there's too much going on anyways. CD could have, and should have, been much 'better'. 

Although that has nothing to do with front house engineering, plus being an engineer still means that he is beholden to the artists wishes to make the artist's vision come to life, if you don't want the layers and too many instruments I am fairly certain Axl Rose is the dude you should be talking to about that one when it comes down to it.  When it comes down to the technical nitty gritty aspects of audio engineering, Caram did a great job with what was given to him to do

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

It sounded distorted (too loud) when I saw them live, they could make it sound loud but clear (at least with that distortion they camuflate mickey a bit). Guitars were very strident (I remember during SCOM it felt like if they were playing tuned half a step up) I have to say that I was on Golden Circle.

In audience recordings (and soundboards) Frank sounds really bad, In terms that he is playing at a f*cking stadium and it sounds like if he was knocking on a door at full volume. I'm tired of how his drums sound

Edited by fanfzero