Gardening

Gracii Guns

21 hours ago, cineater said:

I think we get access to all of the classes.  I like the tree ones and the zoo ones.  I'll probably doing the birding ones too.

Stop by the garden.  The hand mowing needs to get done.  Perfect excuse for a rescue mission if I ever saw one.  Bax Engineering was there.  They needed to do an assessment before the creek project went any further.

Got this for my daughter for her birthday from the String Cheese group.

KYLE-quarantine-FRONT-copy.png

I even made my own vinaigrette for that salad and of course, added cheese.

Great T!

Are you gonna sneak by the garden again then? hehe

You made your own vinaigrette?! :headbang: Got to get at that cheese!! 

Im registered for the Earth day festival!! Thanks! I guess they will email the events when they happen?

Edited by soon

I'll have to check the Rex Foundation out.  The gardens will be okay but there is other gardens to grow and they'll need funding.  I got an email today from the Earth Day people.  Haven't opened it yet.  My class isn't until this afternoon.

Marsha is at the gardens now, weed wacking the orchard.  She is picking up the perennials and taking them to Donna and shuffling some other plants around with some other folks and will end up here with the new plants I'm getting.

I really did have a lovely evening last night.  I was all snuggled in bed and about to drift off to sleep, thinking pleasant thoughts and then I realized covid was still out there.  What an eerie feeling.  I'm not activated in this and it's strange not to be on the frontline.  Feels like waiting to be a victim, unable to protect what's important to me.  I'll turn that around because when it's unsettling, I act.  Not sure what I can do but I can do something.

I'm in on the Earth Day festival.  Takes a minute to figure it out, just keep clicking. :lol:

Marsha came by.  The perennials are in bad shape.  Sent her off with an empty egg carton.  She's stopping by Evelyn's so maybe I'll get some farm fresh eggs.

Edited by cineater

43 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm in on the Earth Day festival.  Takes a minute to figure it out, just keep clicking. :lol:

Marsha came by.  The perennials are in bad shape.  Sent her off with an empty egg carton.  She's stopping by Evelyn's so maybe I'll get some farm fresh eggs.

I hope you do get farm fresh eggs!!

Im glad that those perennials have you as plant Mamma.

Thanks for the prompt about the Earth Day festival - Im in now too!! Im watching the tree identification class. This makes me want to take the Master Naturalist course even more!!

Happy Earth Day!!

Edited by soon

1 hour ago, soon said:

I hope you do get farm fresh eggs!!

Im glad that those perennials have you as plant Mamma.

Thanks for the prompt about the Earth Day festival - Im in now too!! Im watching the tree identification class. This makes me want to take the Master Naturalist course even more!!

Happy Earth Day!!

That was me replying as Karen.  I use my daughter's facebook account.  I wanted to ask on the worm compost if the worms multiply and you have to move some of them out but you have to make a youtube account to comment on that one.  You could have a worm farm in your place although I don't know what you would do with it if you couldn't take it to your garden.

The tree place is Forest Releaf where I was taking the group to pot up trees.  It's an amazing place.

No eggs.  No more flats for me either as the people who have them are hanging on a bit longer.

23 minutes ago, cineater said:

That was me replying as Karen.  I use my daughter's facebook account.  I wanted to ask on the worm compost if the worms multiply and you have to move some of them out but you have to make a youtube account to comment on that one.  You could have a worm farm in your place although I don't know what you would do with it if you couldn't take it to your garden.

The tree place is Forest Releaf where I was taking the group to pot up trees.  It's an amazing place.

No eggs.  No more flats for me either as the people who have them are hanging on a bit longer.

I saw the name and wondered but then I was sure it was you when you mentioned about the tress they gave you! Too cool!

I ordered a worm bin at least 2 years ago and it didnt arrive. Was communicating with the manufacturer until they disappeared! So then I wasnt keen on ordering another, lol. But Im actually planning to buy one next month! I will use it for my home garden and will bottom water with worm tea. :headbang: Yes, you can eventually have too many worms. You can gift them, throw them into your outdoor garden or compost pile, sell them to other vermicomposters or fishers.

So cool that you have been to Forest Relief!! Looked like an amazing place! Y'all have a great thing going in St Louis!

You got no new flats? Are you sad or relieved? :lol:

Relieved, lol.  My indoor flats all went out today.  I will be getting more just not today.  She did leave behind the perennials in larger pots.  We'll have to go back for those at some point.  You know me, I would have taken them all.

Tomorrow looks interesting for tours.  We do have some pretty cool places.  St Louis composting is mass production.  They flip the compost with bulldozers.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Relieved, lol.  My indoor flats all went out today.  I will be getting more just not today.  She did leave behind the perennials in larger pots.  We'll have to go back for those at some point.  You know me, I would have taken them all.

Tomorrow looks interesting for tours.  We do have some pretty cool places.  St Louis composting is mass production.  They flip the compost with bulldozers.

I cant wait to see those huge compost mounds!!! I have the worms one on pause still a bit to go. Im really enjoying this Festival - thanks again!

I got inspired by your oatmeal raisin cookies and am baking some chocolate chip cookies. Other then baked stuff Im getting sick of eating in all the time. So I go to order some delivery and I discover that all the restaurants who source local food apparently buy from the same farms as me. So Id just have been paying way more money for pretentious versions of my own homemade meals, lol. So Pizza Hut it is :headbang:

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Well... I forgot it was going be Dead and Co. I agree with you and then some.

Its over already?

Intermission.  I went to one Dead and Company show but decided it just wasn't the Dead.  Maybe the tape is dragging, lol.  No, it's just Bobby.

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Intermission.  I went to one Dead and Company show but decided it just wasn't the Dead.  Maybe the tape is dragging, lol.  No, it's just Bobby.

Yes or no to John Mayers shirt?

Ha, poor Bobby. You know what it is? He's not wearing his short shorts. That must be where he gets his power from. :lol:

Im enjoying the bassist. He's different enough from Lesh to my ears. Theres some sort of personality to Leshs playing that I cant describe but I love it. But its also neat to hear this guys take on it.

That would be a no, trying too hard. :lol:  Facebook is blurry and youtube keeps rebuffering.

Finished up the last of my transplants, coleus, shade, rainbow mix.

Don't tell anybody about your cookies.  I had to give some of mine to Marsha, lol.

Edited by cineater

11 hours ago, cineater said:

That would be a no, trying too hard. :lol:  Facebook is blurry and youtube keeps rebuffering.

Finished up the last of my transplants, coleus, shade, rainbow mix.

Don't tell anybody about your cookies.  I had to give some of mine to Marsha, lol.

100% agree on the shirt :lol: The screen wasnt blurry - that actually is a pop star playing in the Dead... in Jerrys role no less :( :lol:

Dead and Co are more bluesy than the Dead I think? 

I bet it feels good to get those transplants squared. Sent you some pics of my grow room expansion. Its a bit of a hodge podge currently but it will be great to get a bunch more grow lights going!

Well, if you have to share cookies with anyone, at least its Marsha. Bribe someone to mow the lawn! Im gonna eat all mine for breakfast just to ensure that I dont have to share :lol:

Yeah, I'd say more bluesy.  Bobbie tries to stand in Jerry's place and it just doesn't work.  He has a place and it's center stage, get back over there.

I'm watching sustainable backyard and the green building tours today.  It's beautiful here today though, hope I don't lose track of time.

Oatmeal raisin cookies are a much better breakfast food. :lol:

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Yeah, I'd say more bluesy.  Bobbie tries to stand in Jerry's place and it just doesn't work.  He has a place and it's center stage, get back over there.

I'm watching sustainable backyard and the green building tours today.  It's beautiful here today though, hope I don't lose track of time.

Oatmeal raisin cookies are a much better breakfast food. :lol:

Better than choc chip for sure! 

Oh thats right, Bobby stood in Jerry's spot and Mayer stood in Bobbies spot. Thats just wrong. I remember reading about how Lesh and Bobby used to stand in opposite spots but then they switched? I think it was them two? Its kinda funny how in a commercial sense, Bobby is maybe the more obvious 'front man.' He's younger, fitter, maybe more attractive, perhaps more upbeat and gregarious. But Jerry just had 'it.' Even standing on the side of Bobby he was the front man.

I might watch one tour on my back porch to try and get in more of this nice weather. 

Well, looks like Ive now over watered my micro greens. This is still the second plant so I get to ruin it too as part of learning. :facepalm::duff:

Edited by soon

31 minutes ago, soon said:

Better than choc chip for sure! 

Oh thats right, Bobby stood in Jerry's spot and Mayer stood in Bobbies spot. Thats just wrong. I remember reading about how Lesh and Bobby used to stand in opposite spots but then they switched? I think it was them two? Its kinda funny how in a commercial sense, Bobby is maybe the more obvious 'front man.' He's younger, fitter, maybe more attractive, perhaps more upbeat and gregarious. But Jerry just had 'it.' Even standing on the side of Bobby he was the front man.

I might watch one tour on my back porch to try and get in more of this nice weather. 

Well, looks like Ive now over watered my micro greens. This is still the second plant so I get to ruin it too as part of learning. :facepalm::duff:

Bobby tries to hard for attention and to stand out.  Jerry just stood over there and did his thing.

That eco challenge sounds like fun to do with your friends.  A few technical difficulties but I'm enjoying the Earth Day Festival.

You will get microgreens down!  You just have to kill to do it. :lol:

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Finally got some more pepper seeds, looking forward to growing them over the summer. I got some Purple Jalapeno, Strawberry Drop, Orange Ghost, and Devil's Tongue seeds. :headbang:

Nice. Hadn’t heard of most of those. The mysterious origin of devils tongue is kinda fun, too. I’m really hoping to grow a hot sauce garden this season but haven’t ordered seeds as I’m uncertain if I will have access to anywhere to grow them.

56 minutes ago, cineater said:

Bobby tries to hard for attention and to stand out.  Jerry just stood over there and did his thing.

That eco challenge sounds like fun to do with your friends.  A few technical difficulties but I'm enjoying the Earth Day Festival.

You will get microgreens down!  You just have to kill to do it. :lol:

Bobby’s just “the other one” and he always will be. I love watching the clips of those two being interviewed on Lettermen. 

That eco challenge sounds fun! Yeah, I’ve never had to get tickets and click so many links to find a YouTube livestream ever before, lol. Nah but it makes sense - they want to take you to the festival page and draw us in and all that. This is as good as it can be in the circumstances I guess? I’m loving it.

ive done it! I’ve killed the micro greens.... so now I’m a micro greens gardener! Er, wait :monkey::lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, wait, some of us are a little behind the curve on somethings.

I really wanted to see the sustainable backyard. I tour of the green building was cool.

I would normally be leaving for pinball.  I'm so bummed about that.

Edited by cineater

Has anyone got any experience with lavender, please? 

I need a fairly hardy plant which tastes or smells good, and doesn't spread everywhere. 

Mowed the lawn, did some pruning and weeding today. Was bliss to sit out here this evening and listen to the birdsong. 

_20200419_224000.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

Has anyone got any experience with lavender, please? 

I need a fairly hardy plant which tastes or smells good, and doesn't spread everywhere. 

Mowed the lawn, did some pruning and weeding today. Was bliss to sit out here this evening and listen to the birdsong. 

_20200419_224000.JPG

Nice.  I've got a bunch of lavender potted up to give the nurses, English and Munstead, they are favorites here but they are also annuals here.

• Thanks 1