07/21/18 - Gothenburg, Sweden - Ullevi Stadium

downzy

*Attendence by a hard rock/metal show that is. There have been higher attendence with other artists. Highest being set in 2016 with 70 144 by Håkan Hellström. He is Gothenburg’s Springsteen basically. Also Bruce has played for larger crowds in 2016 2x for 66k and 1 time for 64k.  And Coldplay sold out twice last year to a crowd of 66k... 

On the top 10 attendence record GnR is #10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Håkan_Hellström

I find it interesting that bigger stadiums such as Metlife, AT&T stadium and so on had much less capacity than Ullevi. Metlife having about 50k capacity for this tour, even Friends Arena had about 55 or 56k capacity, while also have a similar size floor. Ullevi has a gigantic GA floor due to a track n field lap around a football field. 

Edited by Martinski

21 hours ago, NicoRourke said:

I know what you mean, felt like that as well when I first saw all bands I love - to somehow realize that they are real persons, not fantasized characters only rendered through eh prism of screens etc.

Thank you for what you do.

Thank you for saying that.

Yeah i have had bad seats far up in the stands once and after that never again am i going to any gig with bad seats like that. Its not worth it at all, the price for tickets like those is also often the same as GA standing too. Imo really bad seats shouldnt cost more than equal to like $20 or so. 

I have been in the stands a few times since but then it is good ones close to the stage, it is OK if you go to gigs that are more of a show. 

But i usually tend to get GA standing or Golden Circle if they have that and try to get pretty close to the action as often as i can, i usually dont tend to line up for hours and try to be at the railing next to the stage though. 

On 7/22/2018 at 3:58 PM, cyanopsis said:

Honestly, I haven't heard SOYL on this leg until last night and I was mighty surprised at the performance. This is the middle of the set, and Axl really puts some effort into it! 

The fact Shadow is still relatively new for Axl, invigorates him. Something that feels a bit fresh.
I think performing near enough the same set for almost 20 years most get pretty old these days and hard

to REALLY be motivate and bring the energy. Although this leg he's certainly looked in good spirits and happy, even when the vocals haven't been quite there.
Shadow proves, although not perfect, he's in time now and it sounds pretty much like the recording, just an aged version of Axl. It's now a big highlight in the set,

a quick fire rocker, is exactly what the set needed, now just add "Pretty Tied Up" or "Don't Damn Me" to the second half! Or should I say it - PERFECT CRIME!

23 hours ago, Martinski said:

I find it interesting that bigger stadiums such as Metlife, AT&T stadium and so on had much less capacity than Ullevi. Metlife having about 50k capacity for this tour, even Friends Arena had about 55 or 56k capacity, while also have a similar size floor. Ullevi has a gigantic GA floor due to a track n field lap around a football field. 

That's due to the GA/floor has seats in the US. You can put a lot of more people into the stadium if they're standing/moving around.

5 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

That's due to the GA/floor has seats in the US. You can put a lot of more people into the stadium if they're standing/moving around.

I went to a U2 show at Metlife stadium, no seats on the floor then. Still the attendance were "only" about 55 k each show. 

Edited by Martinski

6 minutes ago, Martinski said:

I went to a U2 show at Metlife stadium, no seats on the floor then. Still the attendance were "only" about 55 k each show. 

Hmm, could have something to do with the structure of the Stadium and the amount of closed of seats behind the stage then, The "short sides" of Metlife and Friends arena has a lot more seats than the "short side" of Ullevi. When I went to metlife in 2016 it had seats on the floor.

My pics from the floor area. They didnt even have a barricaded area infront of the stage, never seen that before. They had a sectioned off "VIP area" called the redzone to the left of the catwalk, but thats it. GA tickets for that show was pretty cheap too, was like 70 dollars iirc. 

And my pics from my seat the 2nd night. It was great with a stage that didnt have a "tent" around it. 

• Like 1

On 2018-07-22 at 1:14 AM, estranged_85 said:

Haha my sister offered the guy who caught the mic a jewelry worth 9000$ (!)for the mic and he said no lol!! 

Anyway, good show and I hope everyone had a great evening 🙂 

Now some hunt for beer n pizza 

That guy was me ;)

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, blixten_no1 said:

That guy was me ;)

Just curious.. What kind of mic is it? Do you see a brand name (it's probably common knowledge but I'm to lazy to Google)? I'm sure it's not something you find in a kinder egg but maybe not $9000. The fact that Axl used it during the gig adds so much value. I'm glad you kept it! Maybe post a picture?! 

5 hours ago, cyanopsis said:

Just curious.. What kind of mic is it? Do you see a brand name (it's probably common knowledge but I'm to lazy to Google)? I'm sure it's not something you find in a kinder egg but maybe not $9000. The fact that Axl used it during the gig adds so much value. I'm glad you kept it! Maybe post a picture?! 

"Shure Beta 58A" if i remember correctly..