STEVEN ADLER: "Izzy is just as heartbroken as I am that the three of them decided to leave us out and bring three strangers in–who are those people?"

2 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

He doesn't need to yet he plays 20 or so setlist of songs and about 7 guns songs and 2 VR songs.

Just saying, I'd like to see him do an entire tour on SMKC material and see what happens. 

Why do guns do so many cover songs now? Well I can think of a few that were added spontaneously cause of deaths. 

I would be more than happy for slash to drop one guns or VR song and replace with "doin fine" instead.

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

But it was proven that Axl couldn't do without Slash. By 2014 he had been reduced to a Vegas act.

And his album sans Slash was a flop.

So he IS NOT Guns.

He proved everyone that doubted wrong. Even Slash who went back to play Chinese songs, the same direction he claimed he didn't want!

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Ask Axl, he's the one who's been milking Appetite the most.

Meanwhile, Axl's band played 10 Appetite songs in Rio 2001, 6 at the first show post CD release and 7 at their last Vegas show. But yeah, Slash can't live without GNR's catalog and Steven is the one who's stuck in the past... :rolleyes:

I cannot believe what I just read....like it or not, Axl's band, has always been GNR, why would you expect them not to play GNR songs? :facepalm:

• GNFNR 3

14 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

He proved everyone that doubted wrong. Even Slash who went back to play Chinese songs, the same direction he claimed he didn't want!

What did he prove wrong? :question:

Slash playing CD songs has nothing to do with Axl's failure to make his nuGuns succeed.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What did he prove wrong? :question:

Slash playing CD songs has nothing to do with Axl's failure to make his nuGuns succeed.

CD was released, and it sold pretty good considering the lack of effort on Axl/bands part and the label. Nobody buys CDs anymore, it's not 1995 anymore. If Slash and Duff were on it would it have done better? Of course! But that doesn't make it a failure.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I cannot believe what I just read....like it or not, Axl's band, has always been GNR, why would you expect them not to play GNR songs? :facepalm:

Yep, Axls band and of course alot of the Appetite songs are a permanent fixture in the set.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

CD was released, and it sold pretty good considering the lack of effort on Axl/bands part and the label. Nobody buys CDs anymore, it's not 1995 anymore. If Slash and Duff were on it would it have done better? Of course! But that doesn't make it a failure.

CD wasnt released yesterday, though :lol:

Looking back I dont think it did that good. Nowadays songs from CD are never played on the radio, only AFD, Lies and UYI songs. Even stuff from TSI.

When I say failure I mean the whole thing, not just the album. I guess the album is the only nice thing to have come out from all that, even when most fans dismiss it or dont care about it.

But all in all, Axl lost a lot during that time. Compared to his energy of the last 2 years, he was a shadow back then. Just takes some minutes to watch nuGNR shows, he was not having a good time.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, killuridols said:

CD wasnt released yesterday, though :lol:

Looking back I dont think it did that good. Nowadays songs from CD are never played on the radio, only AFD, Lies and UYI songs. Even stuff from TSI.

When I say failure I mean the whole thing, not just the album. I guess the album is the only nice thing to have come out from all that, even when most fans dismiss it or dont care about it.

But all in all, Axl lost a lot during that time. Compared to his energy of the last 2 years, he was a shadow back then. Just takes some minutes to watch nuGNR shows, he was not having a good time.

I saw them, so I would have to disagree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I desagree too..there was a lot of energy in his performances between 2002 and 2010 ... Highlights 2006! I agree that 2014 was a "meh" year, even with Duff back in the band. But I went to several shows where he had a lot of energy and fun, including shows in your country,btw...Are you telling that Axl from 2006/07 and 2009/10 is a shadow compared with the Axl from 2016/17?   :blink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Derick said:

I desagree too..there was a lot of energy in his performances between 2002 and 2010 ... Highlights 2006! I agree that 2014 was a "meh" year, even with Duff back in the band. But I went to several shows where he had a lot of energy and fun, including shows in your country,btw...Are you telling that Axl from 2006/07 and 2009/10 is a shadow compared with the Axl from 2016/17?   :blink:

I saw them twice, the performance and sound was better then when I saw them as a kid. 

In all honesty nothing has changed to much other then the fact the industry is getting a huge pay day out of this, the money is rolling in so the media is back to treating them like they can do no wrong. Two people joined back and all the sudden Guns are good again. Well they were good when I saw them before this tour too, they just weren't in fashion at the time. People were busy hating on them cause Axl supposedly killed the band.

On 4/14/2018 at 7:52 AM, RussTCB said:

This reply is absolute gold. It also applies to the other post I quoted above.

I gather it's considered de rigueur to insult and demean Axl here. However, my posts are valid and I stand by them. 

19 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I totally disagree. 😆

I Agree, GNR existed before Slash, after Slash and now with Slash again. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Better then playing half of a nostalgia act set right?

Just like Adler's set

Exactly Right.

Adler is criticizing Axl for having Non-AFD lineup members in his band but he is assembling an entire band full of random musicians to try and relive his glory days by playing AFD songs. 

Sort of ironic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Sure, man. You were right and the entire world was wrong. Bumblefoot, DJ, Ferrer and Pitman were better than the real deal but some conspiracy against Axl didn't allow them to show it. They wrote 10 albums better than Appetite but the record label kept them in the vault so people couldn't see how much better that band was than the real one, the one that created all the material people pays to hear.

Slash is so lucky GNR became fashion again right at the same time he decided to come back. King of timing.

Ahahahahahahaahaa :rofl-lol:

It is all part of the "rebellious" plan King Axl designed so he could tell the industry and the fans to fuck off :lol: because rebelling against oneself is how you show the world you are a rebel and a master of boycott :facepalm:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Do you live in a parallel universe or what? He turned one of the biggest bands ever into a Las Vegas act and then HE HAD TO CALL SLASH (the guy he called a cancer) to come back and put the band back on top because he failed massively to do that on his own.

Slash is so lucky GNR became fashion again right at the same time he decided to come back. King of timing.

I never use this emoji but..:rofl-lol:

Absolutely right, it must have been GNR not being in fashion all these years instead of the lack of Slash, or the fact that 90% of the band were replacements. Who would even think otherwise? Slash sure came back just in time, instead of being the reason the whole world filled stadiums and wanted to buy tickets for GNR again. Can you only imagine how much less successfull this reunion would have been had Slash come back in 2006 when GNR were "not fashionable"? Phew.:lol:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I never use this emoji but..:rofl-lol:

Absolutely right, it must have been GNR not being in fashion all these years instead of the lack of Slash, or the fact that 90% of the band were replacements. Who would even think otherwise? Slash sure came back just in time, instead of being the reason the whole world filled stadiums and wanted to buy tickets for GNR again. Can you only imagine how much less successfull this reunion would have been had Slash come back in 2006 when GNR were "not fashionable"? Phew.

:lol: That Slash guy has great Timing! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

GNR became fashion again because  the combo Axl/Slash and all the 2 decades of drama involved on this.  Because that I think that “equal lot” talks is a nonsense thing. :P

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

I saw them twice, the performance and sound was better then when I saw them as a kid. 

In all honesty nothing has changed to much other then the fact the industry is getting a huge pay day out of this, the money is rolling in so the media is back to treating them like they can do no wrong. Two people joined back and all the sudden Guns are good again. Well they were good when I saw them before this tour too, they just weren't in fashion at the time. People were busy hating on them cause Axl supposedly killed the band.

I saw them 11 times between 2001-2014 but I lost all the 2002 and 2006/07 shows..And I’m a kind frustrated because that! Before that I attended Rock in Rio 1991 and some Illusions shows and the last two, São Paulo and Rio 1992, was a little disappointing to me, the band was completely disconnected  and I left the venue from the last one with the feeling that “I will never see them again”..2001 was kind weird but 2010 GIGs was great too me, I can guarantee to you that I could enjoy much more than that last Illusions ones. So I got your point and agree w you they were good too...Of course that I’m fucking happy because Slash n’ Duff are back but I can’t ignore the fact that I had great moments with the previous lineups. 

Edited by Derick

On 4/16/2018 at 9:14 PM, beautifulanddamned said:

I'm sure Izzy was a little heartbroken- although in a completely different way then Adler was/is. Adler's heartbroken because he wants nothing more in life then to go back to the days of Appetite. Izzy stuck his neck out on Twitter and played hardball hoping that the fans and the media would revolt in his favor. But relatively few people gave a shit. The shows sold beautifully, they got great reviews and Slash, Axl and Duff made a ton of money and reclaimed their legacy, simultaneously negating any leverage that Izzy had in the beginning. That had to hurt a little.  That being said, I'm sure Izzy is over it at this point, unlike Adler. Izzy has created his own life he seems very satisfied with it.

I really don't think Izzy gives a shit either way.

Any interest he had in this was probably for the nostalgia of AFD 5 (something he's been into since the early 2000's) and a payday. I suspect he called out the band on twitter because Axl/Duff made him look like an unreliable flake when the real reason it all probably fell through was over money. Less hardball and more about setting the record straight imho. I can't imagine he's under any delusion about who the stars of the band are and who the audience is turning out for - he was always going to be at a disadvantage negotiating with the band. If there's residual disappointment there on Izzy's side, it's probably less about GnR and more about his personal relationships with Duff/Slash taking a hit. Izzy was closest to Duff and I can't imagine that relationship hasn't been bruised by what went down.  

As you said, he's probably moved on by now. I wouldn't be surprised if he's washed his hands of GnR completely. Izzy is content living his life on his terms. The real losers here are Axl/Slash/Duff (if they're going to be writing new material) and GnR fans.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 2

On 4/16/2018 at 6:08 PM, Blackstar said:

We have to take into account that Izzy wasn't much around during the Steven saga (which had started in Chicago in 1989), because he was sobering up. He wasn't present at the Civil War sessions (which supposedly lead to Steven's probation or to his firing - the timeline isn't very clear about it); he was somewhere in Europe, I think.

True. I imagine Niven probably played a role in pacifying Izzy when the decision had been made. But by 1990, Izzy doesn't have the power to veto Axl/Slash decisions anyway.

Yeah, maybe. They did give him an almost equal share of the publishing in the end, after he protested.

Alan Niven's handiwork there I suspect. Given the mix of personalities, no doubt he saw the writing on the wall and tried to maintain some semblance of equality between the members.

Edited by RONIN