STEVEN ADLER Talks Aussie Tour… And That Mysterious Billboard!

43 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Ever consider that it's as simple as putting together an Appetite box set to celebrate the album, give the fans something they want and make some money, and not an elaborate plot by the band to upset their fans? 

I don't have a problem with that.

You are the one complaining about I don't know what surprised being spoiled, when it is not the case.

28 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

People that Overdose tend to have substance problems... 

Which was before the time Adler's problems were becoming an issue. I mean, I know the game by now, find a bunch of things to criticize other people for to take away from the undeniable fact that Adler was what he was. 

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Which was before the time Adler's problems were becoming an issue. I mean, I know the game by now, find a bunch of things to criticize other people for to take away from the undeniable fact that Adler was what he was. 

What kind of pleasure do you get from riding on Adler's health problems?

It's like you've got a bad obsession with that and you just can't stop...... seriously, man....... that's baaaaaaaad :unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

It's like you've got a bad obsession with that and you just can't stop...... seriously, man....... that's baaaaaaaad :unsure:

Because people convince themselves that they threw Adler out for no good reason and that they're just always mean to the guy for no good reason when the reality is there were good reasons. 

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

He is pathetic... Any time there is an Adler post you will find him posting all day trashing Steven.. It is literally almost every other post... non stop.. The same regurgitated shit over and over.  Get a life lol..

• Like 3

Just now, Modano09 said:

Because people convince themselves that they threw Adler out for no good reason and that they're just always mean to the guy for no good reason when the reality is there were good reasons. 

"PEOPLE"
Nope. Fans are not a ball of flesh and bones you can comprise in one word PEOPLE. Not everybody thinks he was fired for no good reason. There are different opinions on it but only one fact: the band had to give him millions of dollars, so it is obvious they have caused some damage to him. And they had to pay him for that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

He is pathetic... Any time there is an Adler post you will find him posting all day trashing Steven.. It is literally almost every other post... non stop.. The same regurgitated shit over and over.  Get a life lol..

Yes, because if you cry "poor Steven" all day and night that's not repetitive at all. 

6 minutes ago, Tonto said:

You thought it was A5 shows!

That was within the first 5 minutes of the website GNR.fm going online.

Lots of people thought different things.

Steven's words come like two days after. He's not spoiling anything.

Just now, killuridols said:

"PEOPLE"
Nope. Fans are not a ball of flesh and bones you can comprise in one word PEOPLE. Not everybody thinks he was fired for no good reason. There are different opinions on it but only one fact: the band had to give him millions of dollars, so it is obvious they have caused some damage to him. And they had to pay him for that.

They had to give him millions of dollars because he was an original member and they had to determine fair financial compensation for removing him from the band. That doesn't mean they had no right to remove him from the band. 

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

That was within the first 5 minutes of the website GNR.fm going online.

Lots of people thought different things.

Steven's words come like two days after. He's not spoiling anything.

Except his pants anytime they do something without him. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The funny thing is Guns celebrating the 31st anniversary of Appetite with something which we'll find out about soon enough! The 31st!

They have always gotten things a bit buggered up (just a bit), that band.

This is still the 30th year since appetite was released. If this box set comes out before July, 21, then it's still in its 30th year. Not that it matters anyway.

4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

They had to give him millions of dollars because he was an original member and they had to determine fair financial compensation for removing him from the band. That doesn't mean they had no right to remove him from the band. 

You only compensate someone when you've caused them harm.

6 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Except his pants anytime they do something without him. 

You make no sense.

This whole thread you were bitching that HE KNEW about this, ahahahaa :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You only compensate someone when you've caused them harm.

You make no sense.

This whole thread you were bitching that HE KNEW about this, ahahahaa :lol:

And what harm did they do to him? They removed him from the band. They're allowed to do that. The only question was how much money he was entitled to on the way out, which is what the "compensation" was for. They didn't compensate him because they're legally obligated to put up with his silly ass forever and didn't. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

I've read two pages into this thread, and I think the posts bashing Steven for this interview are totally unfair and uncalled for.

Even if I could see people's point in other instances, I can't see it in this one.

He didn't give anything away. And even if he had, I would see nothing wrong with it, as it's about the re-issue of an album he was part of.

They have a timer on a website counting down to a reveal and in the meantime he announces what it is. All I tried to say is that's the kind of thing that gets him in trouble with them. 

They settled out-of-court because they were going to be beaten, i.e., Adler had a half-way decent case.

21 minutes ago, Tonto said:

This is still the 30th year since appetite was released. If this box set comes out before July, 21, then it's still in its 30th year. Not that it matters anyway.

Yes, but in the interests of neatness 2017 seems more logical than 2018. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

They have a timer on a website counting down to a reveal and in the meantime he announces what it is. All I tried to say is that's the kind of thing that gets him in trouble with them. 

But he didn't "announce" anything. He just said what he thinks it is, after all the buzz on the internet and announcements made by journalists like Mitch Lafon.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

And what harm did they do to him? They removed him from the band. They're allowed to do that. The only question was how much money he was entitled to on the way out, which is what the "compensation" was for. They didn't compensate him because they're legally obligated to put up with his silly ass forever and didn't. 

Whatever harm the legal system of the USA has determined for the band to have to pay him.

5 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Who gives a fuck. Seriously, everybody knows it's a box set of some kind so what's the big deal?  He didn't announce it and it's not his job to protect their 'reveals' anyway.

• Like 3

Just now, killuridols said:

Whatever harm the legal system of the USA has determined for the band to have to pay him.

Yes, financially. No court ever told them they weren't allowed to throw him out of the band. But people act like they threw him out just to be meanies and ignore the 25 years or so he spent proving their point. 

33 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Yes, because if you cry "poor Steven" all day and night that's not repetitive at all. 

hardly.. I pop in and make a couple comments on a thread is at all.  You are literally non fucking stop.. It is kind of weird...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigpoop said:

Who gives a fuck. Seriously, everybody knows it's a box set of some kind so what's the big deal?  He didn't announce it and it's not his job to protect their 'reveals' anyway.

If they wanted you to know it was a box set they would've said so. They had a plan to promote and announce it and two days before the reveal someone who's in the know announces what he "thinks" it'll be. That would be annoying for the people who actually came up with and paid to do this. 

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

hardly.. I pop in and make a couple comments on a thread is at all.  You are literally non fucking stop.. It is kind of weird...

So the people I'm replaying to are weird to? Or is repeatedly discussing the same thing just frowned upon if someone doesn't agree with what you think?