AFD5 reunion show(s) are happening? Yes according to Gary Dell'Abate (producer of the Howard Stern Show)

5 minutes ago, Spirit said:

He might have catched some of the speculation surrounding the gnr.fm site?

Knowing the show and how into/connected to rock Gary is I really don't see his intel coming from some speculation online.

That doesn't mean Gary is correct - he could very well have bad intel. But the chances of it being rock website/forum/fan speculation is minimal. Dude is way too busy to pay attention to that stuff.

/////

Totally separate: in my opinion, IF GNR was going to release a remaster of AFD it would make a ton of sense to step up and do the whole album with the full 5 and get all the press coverage and reinvigorate them as a rock band within the household name of things. It brings a whole new freshness to the idea of them reuniting. Why not make it the next tour? Just go around doing AFD in full and a few other hits. Just my FANTASY.  

2 minutes ago, ramsey said:

Totally separate: in my opinion, IF GNR was going to release a remaster of AFD it would make a ton of sense to step up and do the whole album with the full 5 and get all the press coverage and reinvigorate them as a rock band within the household name of things. It brings a whole new freshness to the idea of them reuniting. Why not make it the next tour? Just go around doing AFD in full and a few other hits. Just my FANTASY.  

No because Axl is loyal to Fortus, Ferrer and Reese and he won't ditch them just to go with Adler and Izzy. Besides he doesn't want to work with them.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

No because Axl is loyal to Fortus, Ferrer and Reese and he won't ditch them just to go with Adler and Izzy. Besides he doesn't want to work with them.

You're assuming it's a tour. Could be a limited number of shows. And who is to say  Fortus, Ferrer and Reese wouldn't be on tour w/AFD5 crew?

I really do not see them allowing Steven to drum the whole show regardless

1 minute ago, ramsey said:

You're assuming it's a tour. Could be a limited number of shows. And who is to say  Fortus, Ferrer and Reese wouldn't be on tour w/AFD5 crew?

I really do not see them allowing Steven to drum the whole show regardless

Didn't they try that already and it didn't work out?

Fla Fla Flo Hi an idiot. He has no idea what he's talking about.  There's no incentive for them to do that. Whatever impact that could have had has been squashed by the NITL tour.

And I am pretty much an original lineup purist, so I'm not saying that's a good thing.  Believe me I'd love to see it. But it won't happen.

1 hour ago, ramsey said:

Context: I'm a huge Howard Stern fan. After every Howard Stern Show they air the Howard Stern Wrap Up Show hosted by Gary Dell'abate (Bababooey) and Jon Hein.

Early into today's wrap up show, which I just now am catching up on, Gary and Jon get into an argument about reunions as Tom Arnold was Howard's guest today (ie the Rosanne reunion). Jon mentions GNR reunion tour as though the whole band was involved. Gary corrects him and says - no it wasn't the whole band and the tour was hugely successful - but now they ARE getting back together.

Howard just inducted Bon Jovi into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame, Gary is a MASSIVE music junky (rock especially) and would be in the know.

Audio:

My fingers are crossed.

lulz, Bababooey doesn't know shit

• Like 1

When exactly should that happen? GNR last show is June 24th. Slash starts his tour on Sept. 18th. and will be busy with his band from then on. Presumably he has to get some things and preparations done before that. Dizzy goes on tour on 15th of August. Okay, one could say that Dizzy is not part of the AFD line up, but I don't see Axl going on tour without a keyboard player, even if it would be the AFD line up. Nevermind Steven shooting it already down. So I call total bullshit on this one/mixing up the boxset news with anything else. And if it were to happen, they certainly wouldn't tell radio hosts about it beforehand. Seriously, some fans just never learn. Another useless thread and discussion.

Edited by PatrickS77

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Except Steven recently said, no more than two days ago, that he hasn't been contacted by the band about an AFD reunion. I don't expect him to be contacted either, considering the way he has been running his mouth over the past couple of weeks.

steven said the exact same thing before the NITL tour, "I'll be the last one to hear from them", and he still showed up for a couple of songs

• Like 2