Out Ta Get Me in Cincinnati

Just re-watched the video of Steven playing Out Ta Get Me in Cincinnati and I noticed something interesting. If you look and listen during the "They won't touch me" part, Steven is playing quarter notes on the ride cymbal but you can definitively hear 8th notes. The only explanation for that would be Melissa has another drum track going on her keyboard. Check it out at the 1:00 and 1:53 marks in the video. You can also hear another drum track going on during the guitar solo. Steven is playing on the bow (edge) of the ride which produces a washy tone but you can hear a very pingy ride tone going on at the same time. Sorry for all the drum lingo for all you non drummers, I tried to explain it the best I could.

Just now, NovemberPain said:

Very interesting. For me, that means that Slash/Duff/Axl don't trust him or he simply can't play anymore. I think it's the first.

I think that the drum computer is just a part of the show, regardless of who the drummer is

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NovemberPain said:

Very interesting. For me, that means that Slash/Duff/Axl don't trust him or he simply can't play anymore. I think it's the first.

But the video above your post is from Civil War

6 minutes ago, NovemberPain said:

I don't think that has anything to do with it. If they didn't trust him to play well enough, they wouldn't have invited to play during a big show. It's just interesting to me that the drum machine is higher in the mix than the actual drums.

Especially because this was Steven’s “moment “ , he had been waiting for over 25 years to play with his Bros again, it was a huge show early in the reunion and it was a surprise( he knocked it out of the park, and I was there) 🤟

Axl and the boys gave everyone there that night a special gift, I appreciate it ( no need to dissect it unless your starting shit )

To my assessment it is just the natural echo of the venue "pinging" the sound back from where the video was taken.  Here is another video of the same night, same song, I don't hear the echo here, and the sound is a lot drier and less obscured than the first one

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

To my assessment it is just the natural echo of the venue "pinging" the sound back from where the video was taken.  Here is another video of the same night, same song, I don't hear the echo here, and the sound is a lot drier and less obscured than the first one

I agree, there's no drum tracks or anything going on.

• Like 1

I was at this show and depending on where you sat, I felt things were a bit “echoey” at times.   The whole upper deck of one side of the stadium was empty.  Lots of plastic and aluminum and metal for sound to bounce off of in my opinion.

the only other time I personally heard this type of sound was for the Monsters of Rock show in the Hoosier Dome where the entire upper deck is aluminum bleacher style seating and sitting up there, the sound was awful with a very echoey, pingy effect.  

Pretty sure that is why one video captures this, another doesn’t.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1