11/11/18 - Manila, Philippines - Philippine Arena

alfierose

27 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was really hoping Duff could inspire Axl to get into shape.  Duff definitely has maintained the "cool" factor more so than Axl and Slash. 

How dare you?! Slash is cooler and hotter than Duff in every way possible!!! 

Edited by ChristmasFnatic
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

How dare you? Slash is cooler and hotter than Duff in every way possible!!! 

I am not one to judge whether either of them is hot or not ;) Slash is the fucking man and always will be but there is a cheese factor these days with the hat permanently stapled to his head on stage. Plus a chunky dude in his mid 50's might want to start thinking about ditching the leather pants. Just stop trying so hard. He actually still looks like a bad ass during the soundchecks.. Why not just go with that?

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

Just watched a few of those videos..  Axl sounded pretty strong for these days.. Love hearing those crowds in other parts of the world too. Would have loved to catch a show overseas during all this.. This would have been a good leg to do it on but I really didn't have these shows on my radar.. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Just watched a few of those videos..  Axl sounded pretty strong for these days.. Love hearing those crowds in other parts of the world too. Would have loved to catch a show overseas during all this.. This would have been a good leg to do it on but I really didn't have these shows on my radar.. 

I think all Axl need is a loud crowd like this one and he will fucking bring it. Mickey or not he is fucking awesome.

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was really hoping Duff could inspire Axl to get into shape.  Duff definitely has maintained the "cool" factor more so than Axl and Slash. 

I thought that to. But i suppose as the saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink.

41 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Hawaii?.

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am not one to judge whether either of them is hot or not ;) Slash is the fucking man and always will be but there is a cheese factor these days with the hat permanently stapled to his head on stage. Plus a chunky dude in his mid 50's might want to start thinking about ditching the leather pants. Just stop trying so hard. He actually still looks like a bad ass during the soundchecks.. Why not just go with that?

I think he should use the top hat for PC only and cap backwards suits him more.

• Like 1

Glad you shown your true feelings. First you sold your SMKC tix, now you say Duff is cool.  So its official, Slash is mine now ok? You can have Duff.

• Like 1

I don't know about Slash being cheesy. The hat and leather pants is who he is. He has been doing it for 30 plus years now. Slash is just Slash and being cool just comes naturally for him. If he would have just started this than I could agree, but that is not the case, although I must say you are one of the better posters here and I agree with the majority of what you have to say.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

"slash and duff parted ways with Rose in 1991" triggers me. Who's paid to write these :lol:

39 minutes ago, Axwan said:

Hi guys. I'm a newbie here and I'm from the Philippines. I've waited for the GNR concert here in my country for more than a decade since I became a fan. I was overwhelmed by the concert. I was amazed that Duff and Slash became even sexier. Axl was in his most handsome when he first appeared on stage, singing "It's so easy." I let out the loudest scream during the intro. My friends said I was like on a roller-coaster ride. People around me was shouting as loud as well. At around 5:00 pm, I was feeling nervous because it seemed there weren't many people who would be in the world's largest indoor arena to watch, but at around 7:00 pm, I was surprised at the sudden influx of people at the venue. After the concert, my husband told me it was sold out, according to a news article. I got a bit depressed after the concert since I regretted that I didn't buy the platinum ticket. I could have seen them much closer. Next time, I will definitely buy the most expensive ticket. I was a very active member of the newgnr forum before. I have gained friends there. I didn't hear about GNR for nine years and now after the concert, I decided to join forums again.  I hope to see GNR in concert again in the coming years. God bless GNR and all the GNR fans. Hi to Filipino fans out there.

Welcome@Axwan!!✊👊here you has a @ChristmasFnatic like great fan forum.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ratam said:

Oh sorry,forgot about@Goforlmark too,like great Filiphine fan here too.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Yeah, I read all the posts on this thread and I saw their posts. I should have joined here before the concert. I was not expecting there are already Filipino fans on here because back when I was in NEWGNR, I was the only Filipino writing there. lol Great to hear they are here :) 

3 minutes ago, Axwan said:

Thank you for the warm welcome. Yeah, I read all the posts on this thread and I saw their posts. I should have joined here before the concert. I was not expecting there are already Filipino fans on here because back when I was in NEWGNR, I was the only Filipino writing there. lol Great to hear they are here :) 

I hope you enjoy here🌝👍

1 hour ago, Axwan said:

Hi guys. I'm a newbie here and I'm from the Philippines. I've waited for the GNR concert here in my country for more than a decade since I became a fan. I was overwhelmed by the concert. I was amazed that Duff and Slash became even sexier. Axl was in his most handsome when he first appeared on stage, singing "It's so easy." I let out the loudest scream during the intro. My friends said I was like on a roller-coaster ride. People around me was shouting as loud as well. At around 5:00 pm, I was feeling nervous because it seemed there weren't many people who would be in the world's largest indoor arena to watch, but at around 7:00 pm, I was surprised at the sudden influx of people at the venue. After the concert, my husband told me it was sold out, according to a news article. I got a bit depressed after the concert since I regretted that I didn't buy the platinum ticket. I could have seen them much closer. Next time, I will definitely buy the most expensive ticket. I was a very active member of the newgnr forum before. I have gained friends there. I didn't hear about GNR for nine years and now after the concert, I decided to join forums again.  I hope to see GNR in concert again in the coming years. God bless GNR and all the GNR fans. Hi to Filipino fans out there.

Welcome! T'was an awesome night last Sunday! See you when they return again! We had the same reaction about the crowd, when they started I saw empty seats. 2 songs later it's like the chairs gave birth to people. :lol:

15 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Welcome! T'was an awesome night last Sunday! See you when they return again! We had the same reaction about the crowd, when they started I saw empty seats. 2 songs later it's like the chairs gave birth to people. :lol:

Oh, I like the term "the chairs gave birth to people" :lol: Definitely, next time when they return here, I'll meet up with you guys. I'm an avid fan like I know most of their songs. :headbang: In the NewGNR forum, I've made friends with fans all over the world. I've been friends with some of them for like a decade now. :lol: Truly, GNR is a blessing to me. Here, I can also practice my English and learn a lot of different idioms from the members lol. So great to be back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Axwan said:

I got a bit depressed after the concert since I regretted that I didn't buy the platinum ticket. I could have seen them much closer. Next time, I will definitely buy the most expensive ticket.

I got a regular GA ticket for my first show, but through a fan I met online, I ended up getting EE for a gig, and got a great spot at the rail. Since then, it's been the rail or nothing for me. Just warning you, there's no turning back :lol:

Glad you had such a great experience and welcome.

15 hours ago, Lio said:

I got a regular GA ticket for my first show, but through a fan I met online, I ended up getting EE for a gig, and got a great spot at the rail. Since then, it's been the rail or nothing for me. Just warning you, there's no turning back :lol:

Glad you had such a great experience and welcome.

:lol: Lucky you. After experiencing the upper box seat, I told myself, I will never ever get stingy again when it comes to Guns N' Roses coz not seeing like a "life-size" Axl or Slash made me really depressed for days, especially upon experiencing how great this band sounds in concert. I was like "waaaaah" second concert, please. I  also wonder how other fans can take photos with them.:lol: Next time, please inform me how.  I will start saving now. :lol: They are all musical genius, as in "all-out."

25 minutes ago, Axwan said:

Oh, I like the term "the chairs gave birth to people" :lol: Definitely, next time when they return here, I'll meet up with you guys. I'm an avid fan like I know most of their songs. :headbang: In the NewGNR forum, I've made friends with fans all over the world. I've been friends with some of them for like a decade now. :lol: Truly, GNR is a blessing to me. Here, I can also practice my English and learn a lot of different idioms from the members lol. So great to be back.

Lol same here. Lots of friends from around the world! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Lol same here. Lots of friends from around the world! 

By the way, you're from the Philippines, right? I was wondering if there are any active fans club here in the Phil? During the concert, I was looking around for some organizations especially from forums like this? :lol: I just saw some young guys who cosplayed as  AXl and Slash. That's amazing. :lol:

10 hours ago, ironmt said:

I don't know about Slash being cheesy. The hat and leather pants is who he is. He has been doing it for 30 plus years now. Slash is just Slash and being cool just comes naturally for him. If he would have just started this than I could agree, but that is not the case, although I must say you are one of the better posters here and I agree with the majority of what you have to say.

He really hasn't been doing the hat thing onstage for 30 years.  There were a few exceptions but he  hardly ever used to wear it on stage with Guns besides Paradise City during the Illusions tours.  Even in VR it wasn't until the Libertad tour that he started wearing it more.  It just seems a little cheesy and cliche to me to wear it stapled to his head all the time on stage.  He is obviously covering his hair but I just think the backwards ball cap works for that.  Just one jagoffs opinion ;)

I respect you and relate to your posts as well.  Bro hug 

• Like 1