The 6 Nations thread.

spunko12345

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Watched all three games this morning. All three were good. 

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

I watched a bit of France v Argies and a All Blacks v Saffers. It doesn't really get going until Monday though.

I only watched All Blacks and Springbroks. I was expecting more from South Africa. I caught highlights from France v Argentina. It seems the French dodged a bullet. And Argentina had many ups and downs.

32 minutes ago, Padme said:

I only watched All Blacks and Springbroks. I was expecting more from South Africa. I caught highlights from France v Argentina. It seems the French dodged a bullet. And Argentina had many ups and downs.

Argentina were unlucky not to get something out of the match. The All Blacks v Springboks match was extremely high quality; the two Kiwi tries in the first half were exceptional. Fiji were leading Australia first half but then imploded second. 

49 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Argentina were unlucky not to get something out of the match. The All Blacks v Springboks match was extremely high quality; the two Kiwi tries in the first half were exceptional. Fiji were leading Australia first half but then imploded second. 

Well Argentina got 1 point out of their match despite losing. Because the final score was a mere two points. In those cases the loser get 1 point. It might be useful depending on what happens next in their pool. Springboks are this year Champions in the Southern Hemisphere. On the other hand All Blacks were not what they usually are in that same competition. That's why I was expecting a higher and much closer score in this first match.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Scotland were very sloppy. Woeful really. Both Ireland and England starting their campaigns off well, but there were some brutal tackles from those Tongan chaps. 

I don't think England has a lot to worry about at this point. Sure they can't relax against France and Argentina. But both these teams have to be mistake free in order to beat England.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Joe Schmidt's post-match interview was myopic. Basically said the teams were virtually neck and neck and blamed Japan's win on a few penalties. Don't know what match he was watching but I watched a match in which Japan dominated all aspects!!

I reckon he underestimated them so he's got to bluff it now. The way Ireland play patiently through multi phases is pretty effective as you will get tries and loads of penalties to keep the score ticking over. It takes skill as the more phases there are the better the skills and execution needs to be and when massive hits are flying in its easier said than done. To be fair they have done it brilliantly for a while.

I wouldn't say they've been found out but Japan showed if your team is fit as fuck and well organised that style of play can be disrupted and you can start to impose your own plans on them.

It was very high quality and Wales just clung on there and I feel (just) deserved it. Always like the Aussies to be beaten, a holdover from cricket. 

Tomorrow it is the Scotland shitshow vs the Samoans who've looked good. Don't think I want to watch! They surely have to improve?

Edited by DieselDaisy

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It was very high quality and Wales just clung on there and I feel (just) deserved it. Always like the Aussies to be beaten, a holdover from cricket. 

Tomorrow it is the Scotland shitshow vs the Samoans who've looked good. Don't think I want to watch! They surely have to improve?

Brilliant organised aggresive defending from Wales there in the second half. It looked like they were content to defend the points they got in the first half but fuck me it got a bit close there.

That Scotland Samoa game should be a belter. I've got an extra laptop in work hooked up just for the world cup games.

Italy were unbelievably frustrating. Were still just about in the game 17-3ish and two of them spear-tackled a Springbok in the Springbok half with penalty advantage! Red card. Utterly braindead. Got into some good positions also before doing something gormless. (Were playing with no loose-head prop so uncontested scrum). Ultimately a shellacking.