The 6 Nations thread.

spunko12345

On 2019-09-28 at 11:43 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Joe Schmidt's post-match interview was myopic. Basically said the teams were virtually neck and neck and blamed Japan's win on a few penalties. Don't know what match he was watching but I watched a match in which Japan dominated all aspects!!

I’m Irish and honestly seen this coming, I said it to my old man and a few others. Japanese are tough fuckers with huge pride. They beat Ireland fair and square. I saw the same game as you.....

hoefully we get the bonus point win over Samoa, but it still looks like another World Cup flop from Ireland. 

If you want to win a World Cup, you heat what’s put in front of you. Worrying about meeting NZ or SA in the quarters or semis shouldnt matter. IF you are as it says on paper the #1 team in the world...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Japanese story continues. 

I was really impressed with the Japs today both attack and defence. Some of these results they're getting should stop being seen as upsets now they were far the better side today.

Scotland were, well...Scotland.

20 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I was really impressed with the Japs today both attack and defence. Some of these results they're getting should stop being seen as upsets now they were far the better side today.

Scotland were, well...Scotland.

Clinical passing, quick carry, organisation and ''togetherness'', Japanese are the best team of the competition. 

I’d agree with the comments above, one of the best of the Tournament thus far the Japanese. (This missus is a jap so I try not to call them japs) 

Ireland V New Zealand tonight @ 3:15am. There needs to be a serious up in the intensity levels if we’re to have a good dig at the kiwis. It can’t be the rigid structured rugby it’s been till now. It needs a bit of magic and creation to beat NZ. I don’t mind loosing if you go down fighting, I expect Ireland to hit NZ hard tonight. I think Schmidt has been focused on this game for a long time.

A quarter final has thus far been our Waterloo....

We need 15 “Laochs” on the field to win this.

On 21/10/2019 at 5:33 AM, Powderfinger said:

Man we were shit. No leaders, no fight. Men against boys. NZ are a great team, but fucking hell, we didn’t even hit them physically. 

Shame because a lot in that Irish side have had the beating of knew Zealand over the last 5 years or so whether with Ireland or the Lions. Ireland seem.to have gone backwards in the last year.

World Cup came one year too late for Ireland as they peaked 2018: 6 Nations Grand Slam (Feb-March); beat Australia in their own backyard 2-1 (June); beat the All Blacks (Nov); reached number 2 in rankings. They then began creaking last Six Nations and it has all been dire ever since - had a woeful World Cup prep. Not sure why? Sexton doesn't look one-hundred percent maybe? But that is team sport, isn't it? You're either on your way up, or on your way down.

For all their Six Nations success, to use the American expression, Ireland suck arse in the Rugby World Cup, never having made it past the quarters. Wales are not much better: couple of semis to their name and there wasn't even sheep present! 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

World Cup came one year too late for Ireland as they peaked 2018: 6 Nations Grand Slam (Feb-March); beat Australia in their own backyard 2-1 (June); beat the All Blacks (Nov); reached number 2 in rankings. They then began creaking last Six Nations and it has all been dire ever since - had a woeful World Cup prep. Not sure why? Sexton doesn't look one-hundred percent maybe? But that is team sport, isn't it? You're either on your way up, or on your way down.

For all their Six Nations success, to use the American expression, Ireland suck arse in the Rugby World Cup, never having made it past the quarters. Wales are not much better: couple of semis to their name and there wasn't even sheep present! 

Even if the World Cup has come a year earlier, Ireland would still fucking flop. World Cups are the real deal, no disrespect to the 6 nations, but England and Wales seem to able to deal with the pressure of the bigger tournament. 

Ireland exit limp dick in hand AGAIN. Not able for the pressure of the tournament. 

#1 on paper means fuck all, When asked to prove that status they’re beaten out the gate. 

Bunch of fucking women, Peter O Mahony seems to be the only man sent out there on the Irish squad. 

I’m convinced the rest had tampons in the whole World Cup. 

NZ V ENG

What are you thinking @DieselDaisy?

I can't call this one. If i had to bet though i would say England, not because they're better but because they have been able to rest players and seem to have another gear they've not had to go to yet. But the All Blacks are the best side at punishing slight errors, so clinical in attack. What do I know though it's 50/50. Should be a cracking match anyway I can't wait.

I'll be doing the Haka in my living room at 8.30 you can stick your chariots up your arse.

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

NZ V ENG

What are you thinking @DieselDaisy?

I can't call this one. If i had to bet though i would say England, not because they're better but because they have been able to rest players and seem to have another gear they've not had to go to yet. But the All Blacks are the best side at punishing slight errors, so clinical in attack. What do I know though it's 50/50. Should be a cracking match anyway I can't wait.

All Blacks are favourites by a fair old margin but you never know? Their evisceration of the Irish was the competition's best performance by any team. England have looked - superficially - second best in the competition but haven't been tested so much I feel. There again, neither have the All Blacks haha. Neither side have went into second gear really.

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I'll be doing the Haka in my living room at 8.30 you can stick your chariots up your arse.

Oh come on! An England v Welsh final would be magnificent for our country and the sport. Sick of the All Blacks.