Jim Bruer

AFD5

I know he's just having a laugh in this video but he has a great voice. I wonder if he was ever approached by Angus's people to fill in for Brian when Brian had his hearing problems. Apparently he & Brian are good friends I think Brian sang on Jim's album. As I say he's just having a laugh here but I think he could have done a great job.

I doubt he was approached, considering that he was the one who went on Stern right after Brian pulled out of the tour and said some shit about angus wanting to find a reason to fire Brian for years now. He even had to release a statement afterwards where he apologized for “invading the band’s privacy.” He did a lot of damage to the band’s image at the time. So... yeah, I doubt he was approached.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

I saw him on cable and I love how he doesn't curse or do any dirty jokes.

He makes me laugh no matter what he does.

I love when he did Ozzy and Brian trying to return a chair in a store. He was crazy funny.

I also know Jim did a metal album and Brian was going to sing on it. I wonder if he ever released it?

Jim and Brian were on That Metal show together.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
Another thought

7 hours ago, Dean said:

He probably couldn't sustain that for 2+ hours though. To be fair, it wouldn't surprise me if he was approached, seen as they tried out a singer from an AC/DC tribute band.

Exactly.  Guys like Brian Johnson and Axl truly are gifted.  To have the stamina and power to be able to blow it out for 2 or 3 hours is amazing.  I know Axl gets criticized sometimes for how he sounds live but he has never just lost his voice while performing.  Although he probably has done some damage from years of wear and tear.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Exactly.  Guys like Brian Johnson and Axl truly are gifted.  To have the stamina and power to be able to blow it out for 2 or 3 hours is amazing.  I know Axl gets criticized sometimes for how he sounds live but he has never just lost his voice while performing.  Although he probably has done some damage from years of wear and tear.

Jonner doesn’t get the credit he deserves. What a fucking voice.

Axl Rose and Brian Johnson are two of the greatest voices to have ever graced a stage in my very biased opinion 😂😂😂

• Like 1

On 16/02/2019 at 8:05 AM, AFD5 said:

I know he's just having a laugh in this video but he has a great voice. I wonder if he was ever approached by Angus's people to fill in for Brian when Brian had his hearing problems. Apparently he & Brian are good friends I think Brian sang on Jim's album. As I say he's just having a laugh here but I think he could have done a great job.

Sorry, but there's a huge difference between this and singing a 25 song setlist that includes hell's bells and back in black among others.

He did release a rock album a year or two ago if you haven't heard it!

8 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

That is undoubtedly true but who's the most versatile?  It's hard to imagine Freddie doing AC/DC material or Brian doing Queen stuff.  But Axl has proven he can do both well. 

I’m not sure whether it’s so much about versatility or rather about fitness – certain voices fit certain music, especially considering what the original voice sounds like. Freddie wouldn’t fit in AC’s songs, but he would be far superior as a singer, from the technical point of view.

14 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I’m not sure whether it’s so much about versatility or rather about fitness – certain voices fit certain music, especially considering what the original voice sounds like. Freddie wouldn’t fit in AC’s songs, but he would be far superior as a singer, from the technical point of view.

Very true. I just remembered Freddie doing the opera thing,  it would be interesting to see Axl or Brian take a swing at that😄.