The Darkness

Kelmi

With their new album Easter is Cancelled out today, I decided to look for a topic of this wonderful rock band but couldnt find one. 

The Darkness is a British rock band whom had a hit record Permission to Land in 2003. If your new to this band I highly recommend to listen to that album for awesome guitar riffs blasting from Marshall amps with a great lead singer.

The Darkness has also been an opening act for Guns in 2006 and as lately as in 2017. Thats actually how I first heard about them when I saw them opening for Guns.

What do you guys think about the new album? I expected it to have more straight forward feelgood rock songs. A bit disappointed but maybe it will grow on me. Favourite track so far is Choke on it and Heavy Metal Lover.

I really like that first hit song of theirs (I Believe in a Thing Called Love). Awesome music video too! The frontman is very charismatic and talented (his voice reminds me of Mercury). I checked out their latest music video, and he seems to have aged well, as far as I can tell.

I'm a little too young to have really known them back when they first broke onto the scene in 2003, but it must've been really refreshing to have had a new band show up at that point that was a callback to the glam rock days of the early 70's, while still also mixing in some "alternative" sounds.

It's nice to see that they're back. Hopefully the new record/tour does well. I'll go see them, if I get a chance.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

I loved them when they came out and still think their first two albums are great. They have gone down hill since though and their music has been a little more generic I guess you'd say..sort of a lighter version of what they once were.

Nonetheless, they are still a very fun act to catch live if you haven't and each album will still have a couple good songs on it.

On 04/10/2019 at 8:13 PM, Kelmi said:

With their new album Easter is Cancelled out today, I decided to look for a topic of this wonderful rock band but couldnt find one. 

The Darkness is a British rock band whom had a hit record Permission to Land in 2003. If your new to this band I highly recommend to listen to that album for awesome guitar riffs blasting from Marshall amps with a great lead singer.

The Darkness has also been an opening act for Guns in 2006 and as lately as in 2017. Thats actually how I first heard about them when I saw them opening for Guns.

What do you guys think about the new album? I expected it to have more straight forward feelgood rock songs. A bit disappointed but maybe it will grow on me. Favourite track so far is Choke on it and Heavy Metal Lover.

They were big when I was in secondary school. I Believe In A Thing Called Love was everywhere.

I saw them open for Hollywood Vampires last year and they won me over.

I've listened to their new album a few times now.

I don't think it's as good as Pinewood Smile but it'll grow on me.

Looking forward to seeing them in December. They're playing their new album in full.