With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?

On 4/7/2020 at 9:24 AM, username said:

These are strange times. People around the world are isolated in their homes, cut off from loved ones, unable to attend almost all the social activities they normally would. And in the midst of all that, you see people coming up with tons of incredible and creative ways to still create a sense of togetherness and unity. One of the many ways this is happening is through artists taking to the internet to cheer up and support their fanbases. From personal messages to online live performances to personal video's where they're playing or telling stories to sharing demo material or outtakes. And I think it's amazing because I don't think any of this is particularly profitable to them. It's artists trying to bring some cheer to the people who have supported then for years simply by staying in touch and keeping them slightly sane through all this. 

I've seen some things on Twitter from Slash and Duff, but that's pretty much it I think.

But nothing of the sort from "the GnR camp". Nothing supportive or fun or interesting. Because Guns n' Roses doesn't do charity or non-profit. Hey, kids, if you want to stay sane you can always buy a fucking yoyo. 

I think your assessment of Gnr is spot on

Making cash is their number one reason d'etre. The fans are pretty much taken for granted

A competition for the fans, US fans only, to win a voucher so you can spend it all in the  "Gnr store "  says it all about this band 

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/1256404988407971840?s=20

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/1256404988407971840?s=20

Edited by billie
  • Like 1