With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?

17 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

Probably not of the NITL tour, though, because not all publicity is good publicity.

Speak for yourself. I'd be more than happy with a NITL pro-shoot, lot's of good stuff to show.

Either release the Troubadour, Houston 2016, London 2017 etc.

Yet none of this will happen for some reason :facepalm:

• Like 2

On 4/10/2020 at 9:47 AM, Draguns said:

I saw both bands separately. I saw Godsmack two years ago with Shinedown at PNC Arts Center. Godsmack was much better than Shinedown. I saw Halestorm at the Starland Ballroom about 10 years ago. They were awesome!

Godsmack were non stop, pretty spot on live and put on a great hard rock show. Halestorm was pretty cool. She has great vocals which many can't do live. Monster Truck was the opening act they were impressive too. It was at the Resch Center. I'm a fan of Shinedown but admit when I bought their live album, it was less than impressive for the most part, the acoustic part was actually good though. Not a fan of their new music. I don't know if I would want to see them live as a headliner.

Lets bring this back around to Guns N' Roses. I would like to see them live. None of the above bands do the long shows that Guns N' Roses does. Anyone that complains about vocals don't realize it is hard to keep it up for that long.

3 hours ago, Billly B said:

Godsmack were non stop, pretty spot on live and put on a great hard rock show. Halestorm was pretty cool. She has great vocals which many can't do live. Monster Truck was the opening act they were impressive too. It was at the Resch Center. I'm a fan of Shinedown but admit when I bought their live album, it was less than impressive for the most part, the acoustic part was actually good though. Not a fan of their new music. I don't know if I would want to see them live as a headliner.

Lets bring this back around to Guns N' Roses. I would like to see them live. None of the above bands do the long shows that Guns N' Roses does. Anyone that complains about vocals don't realize it is hard to keep it up for that long.

No, if he can't do the long shows well he shouldn't do it. Quality > quantity. 

On 4/18/2020 at 2:18 AM, El Guapo said:

I mean really, why does GnR suck harder than ever?! The worst band to follow. Fucking hell! :D

My interest in this band is at an all time low... It sucks.. Music is so important in my life and for 23 years I couldn't think of anything more I wanted in music than a Guns N' Roses reunion.. We got a half assed one that was fun for a minute but now it is really tough to care about.  If they ever come around here again I will see them for nostalgic reasons only because I love rocking out to the classic songs and love seeing Slash play them live. Other than that the lineup doesn't do a whole lot for me and I have no urge to hear any new music from them. Partly because Fortus, Frank and Melissa don't do anything for me aside from turning me off.  If Matt, Izzy, Gilby or Steven were involved to give it a better chance of them capturing a little more of the classic sound, things would be different. I didn't like CD so leftovers from that era couldn't sound any more undesirable.. Never mind Axl's voice. It is going to take a lot of tricks in the studio to make him sound halfway decent. What is the point of that? Then you have the management.. The whole ripping down youtube videos... The outrageously priced ticket prices... They just don't do anything to keep fans excited. You would think it would be easy for them to at least find some old show, remaster it and release a DVD or something.  At this point, I would be at peace if they just faded back away into obscurity. 

• Like 1

this is not a band. this is a company. a business company with an executive commitee (axl and TB), and employees. long time employees like slash and duff, dizzy, richard.... and short time employees like dj, bumblefoot and all those names we nearly forgot.

this is not a music band anymore, this is just a cash machine that won t procuce anything new, or anything with value or interest for music fans.

same setlist with minor changes, year after year... how can they do that? do they love music? slash is an extremly productive musician with so much talent, and he is just playing same songs in the same way show after show... for what? the money. and he is not the only one.

we have to open our yes.

it is sad. but it is true.

check what metallica does for their fans!

• Like 3

Jovi just formally announced full tour cancellation along with full refunds.  "Due to the ongoing pandemic....we have made the decision to cancel the tour entirely...this will enable ticketholders to get refunds to help with groceries/bills"....etc....

Now will GnR (Team Brazil) cancel or postpone?  Big difference as one comes with a full refund and one doesn't. 

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/bon-jovi-cancel-2020-tour/

Edited by Original

9 minutes ago, Original said:

Jovi just formally announced full tour cancellation along with full refunds.  "Due to the ongoing pandemic....we have made the decision to cancel the tour entirely...this will enable ticketholders to get refunds to help with groceries/bills"....etc....

Now will GnR (Team Brazil) cancel or postpone?  Big difference as one comes with a full refund and one doesn't. 

I think the poor American ticket sales may influence this decision......

1 hour ago, Patatrak said:

this is not a band. this is a company. a business company with an executive commitee (axl and TB), and employees. long time employees like slash and duff, dizzy, richard.... and short time employees like dj, bumblefoot and all those names we nearly forgot.

this is not a music band anymore, this is just a cash machine that won t procuce anything new, or anything with value or interest for music fans.

same setlist with minor changes, year after year... how can they do that? do they love music? slash is an extremly productive musician with so much talent, and he is just playing same songs in the same way show after show... for what? the money. and he is not the only one.

we have to open our yes.

it is sad. but it is true.

check what metallica does for their fans!

As good a description of ''Guns N' Roses'' as you are liable to see people. 

i just hope this ends soon, i m tired of waiting for something that they are not giving.

They don t even bother, not even a live miserable song, of something we have listened for miillion times.

i was really a big fan, i have my tattoos, my cds, my dvds, my pics, seen them live lots of times, but i ve started to let them go...

Hope Slash get back to work with SMKC

• Like 1

19 hours ago, El Guapo said:

No, if he can't do the long shows well he shouldn't do it. Quality > quantity. 

Really the type of vocals Axl has to pull off is extremely hard and voice wrecking. For him to do it for that long is amazing even if not perfect. Basically you would be cool with three songs and a peace out as long as it is quality...

1 hour ago, Billly B said:

Really the type of vocals Axl has to pull off is extremely hard and voice wrecking. For him to do it for that long is amazing even if not perfect. Basically you would be cool with three songs and a peace out as long as it is quality...

Does that 3 song set include an encore? Maybe they could do half a verse of PC.

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

Well they can't tour until concerts are cleared to happen again, so that part will be a while.

True, but people seem to be announcing stuff for later in the year/next year anyway. I think, personally, doing so is a bit ambitious, but there we go. I'd go for an album release announcement before the year's out. 

I'd be willing to bet solid money that as we type Slash is working on SMKC stuff. 

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, about as exciting at this point as a Duff solo album :/

I wouldn't go quite that far but pretty close lol. There was a time I would eat up anything these guy released or were part of.  That has all kind of faded since the reunion as well. I just don't view them the same anymore. I still really admire Slash's playing and would love to see him do something interesting.. Just not SMKC... A Blues album with that Jimmy V guy he jammed with a few years ago would be killer.

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

True, but people seem to be announcing stuff for later in the year/next year anyway. I think, personally, doing so is a bit ambitious, but there we go. I'd go for an album release announcement before the year's out. 

I'd be willing to bet solid money that as we type Slash is working on SMKC stuff. 

Possibly, although I know the other guys are at home in Vegas right now. But he might be sending ideas and stuff (and they've already got some songs ready from before).

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I wouldn't go quite that far but pretty close lol. There was a time I would eat up anything these guy released or were part of.  That has all kind of faded since the reunion as well. I just don't view them the same anymore. I still really admire Slash's playing and would love to see him do something interesting.. Just not SMKC... A Blues album with that Jimmy V guy he jammed with a few years ago would be killer.

For me SMKC is one band that still gets me genuinely excited, so if they announced a new album I would be very happy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would absolutely love a "Blues Ball" type of studio album from Slash

Like, getting some really soulful singers in the mix and doing some rocked up BB King-esque jams, with some Hammond B3 in the mix and a killer drummer

• Like 2

On 22/04/2020 at 6:38 AM, MaskingApathy said:

Possibly, although I know the other guys are at home in Vegas right now. But he might be sending ideas and stuff (and they've already got some songs ready from before).

For me SMKC is one band that still gets me genuinely excited, so if they announced a new album I would be very happy.

Id like another incarnation of snakepit to be honest. I like SMKC but i thought LTD was just well, dull. Good but nothing surprising. Snakepit never made it to Australia, apart from a quick promo visit. I still havnt listened to LTD in months..i think slash needs to do something different if he has downtime from GNR.