With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?

On 4/22/2020 at 12:00 AM, WhazUp said:

I would absolutely love a "Blues Ball" type of studio album from Slash

Like, getting some really soulful singers in the mix and doing some rocked up BB King-esque jams, with some Hammond B3 in the mix and a killer drummer

Abso-fucking-lutely! 

• Like 1

On 19/04/2020 at 2:00 PM, GNR_RNR said:

Speak for yourself. I'd be more than happy with a NITL pro-shoot, lot's of good stuff to show.

Either release the Troubadour, Houston 2016, London 2017 etc.

Yet none of this will happen for some reason :facepalm:

London 2017 was filmed??? First time I have heard that?! Both nights?

32 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

They film every show don't they?

Judging by that post - London was quoted alongside the other gigs which were deemed to have been pro shot (I think). Generally there will be footage from all gigs for screens etc so that stuff will be available.

48 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

I'm not expecting a live stream of a show. That would be delusional. Just release something. A new song. A concert. Fucking anything.

Just putting some refined bootleg on their yt channel would do it. 

Werchter has just announced that ticketholders of all of this summer's festivals (Rock Werchter, TW Classic and Werchter Boutique) will be getting a voucher to be used at any of the festivals in 2021 or 2022. They will also get access to a special presale. But no refunds. I realize festivals are different than stand alone shows, but still... Just goes to show that not everyone just offers refunds like that. It's not quite that simple. And Werchter has been a huge festival for many decades, so I'm sure they've earned many millions too, and they usually are (close to) selling out as well, as they usually get together great line-ups.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lio said:

Werchter has just announced that ticketholders of all of this summer's festivals (Rock Werchter, TW Classic and Werchter Boutique) will be getting a voucher to be used at any of the festivals in 2021 or 2022. They will also get access to a special presale. But no refunds. I realize festivals are different than stand alone shows, but still... Just goes to show that not everyone just offers refunds like that. It's not quite that simple. And Werchter has been a huge festival for many decades, so I'm sure they've earned many millions too, and they usually are (close to) selling out as well, as they usually get together great line-ups.

I think local laws also apply to be honest. 

Here in the UK (I believe) the law dictates that you must offer a refund for a rescheduled date. Different laws will apply in different countries. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think local laws also apply to be honest. 

Here in the UK (I believe) the law dictates that you must offer a refund for a rescheduled date. Different laws will apply in different countries. 

This situation has never before occurred. It was decided with the government as an exception. It's not a normal law in Belgium.

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Are there laws there regarding ticket refunds normally? 

Not sure. Normally when events are postponed, your ticket just stays valid. It's not customary to ask refunds as far as I know. I don't know anyone who did or even does. Many shows are postponed for a year and people just keep tickets :shrugs:

But I know this particular instance is an exceptional thing (ie giving a voucher valid for two years instead of keeping tickets valid), as it is mentioned specifically that this method was talked through and agreed upon with the minister.

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Yep, this unprecedented situation will form the possible response. 

The reality is that the money isn't there for full refunds, Parts of it will have been spent on deposits and such for crew, visas etc.

That's why we'll mostly see rescheduled dates instead of full refunds.

Would be cool if the rest of the world got the option for 150% ticketmaster funds.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Not sure. Normally when events are postponed, your ticket just stays valid. It's not customary to ask refunds as far as I know. I don't know anyone who did or even does. Many shows are postponed for a year and people just keep tickets :shrugs:

But I know this particular instance is an exceptional thing (ie giving a voucher valid for two years instead of keeping tickets valid), as it is mentioned specifically that this method was talked through and agreed upon with the minister.

Interesting. It's more straightforward here - you can keep tickets for rescheduled shows, or get a refund. I believe this has been law for a long time, so ticket companies won't be able to circumnavigate that. I think most festivals are just straight up refunding though and telling people they can re-book for next year as and when it goes on sale. 

On 21/04/2020 at 5:57 PM, allwaystired said:

True, but people seem to be announcing stuff for later in the year/next year anyway. I think, personally, doing so is a bit ambitious, but there we go. I'd go for an album release announcement before the year's out. 

I'd be willing to bet solid money that as we type Slash is working on SMKC stuff. 

I'd go further and say Slash has just finished the next SMKC record. That's all good with me 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Interesting. It's more straightforward here - you can keep tickets for rescheduled shows, or get a refund. I believe this has been law for a long time, so ticket companies won't be able to circumnavigate that. I think most festivals are just straight up refunding though and telling people they can re-book for next year as and when it goes on sale. 

I wasn't sure about our law, but I looked it up for you now.

Update on ticket refund policy for events affected by the corona crisis

Published on Wed 18.03.2020

The consequences of the corona crisis weigh heavily on the events sector. Nathalie Muylle, Minister of Work, Economy and Consumers, has therefore taken a number of measures to help the sector pass this period.

"Organizers can reschedule events to a new date and only have to refund customers if they are unable to attend on that new date," said Nathalie Muylle, Minister of Work, Economy and Consumers on twitter. "This measure should ensure that organizers get through this period and that consumers can continue to enjoy a rich offering in the future".

What does this mean for your tickets?

• If a concert is rescheduled to a later date as a result of the corona crisis, Tele Ticket Service will send you an official confirmation from 1 April that your tickets remain valid at the same price, artist (or event) and at the same or a nearby location at no additional cost.
  • If for personal reasons you are unable to attend the event on the new date, you can request a refund. In this case, you need to fill in the refund form and provide a supporting document. However, you do not have to take any action for the time being. You will be informed personally by e-mail by Tele Ticket Service.
  • If an event is cancelled, you may receive a refund for your tickets. You will be informed by e-mail by Tele Ticket Service. If you have the financial ability, then please know that you can make a difference for this organizer and its future events by not asking for a refund.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

I wasn't sure about our law, but I looked it up for you now.

Ah thanks! That seems fairly similar then - but you have to give a specific reason with documentation as to why you want a refund. I wonder if "I can't go" is a good enough reason? 

I've got mixes views about all this - I understand the need to stop things going bust, but there seems to be a lot of 'stopping the multi millionaires losing a little bit of money' over giving the little guy a fair break going on at the moment to my eyes, which I'm definitely not a fan of.  

Meanwhile, we sit and wait to find out when GNR are going to bother telling us what's going on with their tour! 27 days and counting boys......

12 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Id like another incarnation of snakepit to be honest. I like SMKC but i thought LTD was just well, dull. Good but nothing surprising. Snakepit never made it to Australia, apart from a quick promo visit. I still havnt listened to LTD in months..i think slash needs to do something different if he has downtime from GNR.

Just because LTD wasn't as exciting doesn't mean that the next record wouldn't be good. That one might be the best one yet.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Just because LTD wasn't as exciting doesn't mean that the next record wouldn't be good. That one might be the best one yet.

I loved Living The Dream. I think The Great Pretender is their best ever song. Boulevard of Broken Hearts, Lost Inside The Girl and Serve You Right are favourites too.

I only thought Sugar Cane, Slow Grind and Mind Your Manners were weak. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WildStar said:

I loved Living The Dream. I think The Great Pretender is their best ever song. Boulevard of Broken Hearts, Lost Inside The Girl and Serve You Right are favourites too.

I only thought Sugar Cane, Slow Grind and Mind Your Manners were weak. 

The One You Loved is Gone was a 10/10 track from LTD.

LTD was a great refinement of the world on fire formula, safe yes but a great way to cement Slash's solo career.

I would like to hear some more experimentation from Slash (And absolutely think he should work with a different producer for the next Album). Seems like most people are afraid to push Slash in the studio.

Maybe a guest singer or two, I don't actually mind Myles but his vocal delivery tends to be very tame.