Wow...Tom Petty and Axl

DurhamGirl

REAL. Riki Rachtman discussed the infamous 1989-1990 Axl Rose and Vince Neil war of words on his The Cathouse Hollywood Podcast Rachtman: After the show, Vince (Neil) is looking for Izzy (Stradlin). I was not there but here is how Vince told the story after it all went down.

“I went up to Izzy and said, if you ever touch my wife again, I’ll expletive kill you. He’s all like expletive you, expletive you and then I knocked him out.” 

Rachtman: For me to comment on this would make me like the other hacks, I was not there, I’ve heard so many versions but most have Vince confronting Izzy and hitting him. How hard? I don’t know. Did he cold-punch him or was it a straight shot in front of Izzy? I’m not sure. What I do know, however, that Axl (Rose) caught wind of this and was upset. He wanted a piece of Vince Neil. The two got into a verbal exchange that got was broken up backstage. It ended up with each of them going their separate ways but it was far from over. For months, words were tossed back and forth. Axl told me several times that he really wanted Vince Neil. Rachtman: This stuff had been going on for years now. Even boxing promoter Don King wanted a piece of it. How serious were the guys? It was no publicity stunt. Let me tell you something, Axl Rose is a very intense individual he really wanted (a fight) to go down. I think they both did. I remember Axl telling me that he found an island where the two could have a fight to the death. I’m serious. Axl said he didn’t want any press about it. I even heard that Guns N’ Roses’ manager at the time, Doug Goldstein passed that message to Motley Crue’s manager. We never heard anything else about it after that.

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Wow 1

7 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

REAL. Riki Rachtman discussed the infamous 1989-1990 Axl Rose and Vince Neil war of words on his The Cathouse Hollywood Podcast Rachtman: After the show, Vince (Neil) is looking for Izzy (Stradlin). I was not there but here is how Vince told the story after it all went down.

“I went up to Izzy and said, if you ever touch my wife again, I’ll expletive kill you. He’s all like expletive you, expletive you and then I knocked him out.” 

Rachtman: For me to comment on this would make me like the other hacks, I was not there, I’ve heard so many versions but most have Vince confronting Izzy and hitting him. How hard? I don’t know. Did he cold-punch him or was it a straight shot in front of Izzy? I’m not sure. What I do know, however, that Axl (Rose) caught wind of this and was upset. He wanted a piece of Vince Neil. The two got into a verbal exchange that got was broken up backstage. It ended up with each of them going their separate ways but it was far from over. For months, words were tossed back and forth. Axl told me several times that he really wanted Vince Neil. Rachtman: This stuff had been going on for years now. Even boxing promoter Don King wanted a piece of it. How serious were the guys? It was no publicity stunt. Let me tell you something, Axl Rose is a very intense individual he really wanted (a fight) to go down. I think they both did. I remember Axl telling me that he found an island where the two could have a fight to the death. I’m serious. Axl said he didn’t want any press about it. I even heard that Guns N’ Roses’ manager at the time, Doug Goldstein passed that message to Motley Crue’s manager. We never heard anything else about it after that.

"Fight to the death"😄  Going all Star Trek and T'Pau shit when Kirk and Spock had that fight to the death over some chick.

The funny thing is that it had all started as a beef between Izzy and Vince Neil and didn't have anything to do with Axl. But then Axl, overzealous in sticking up for Izzy, was involved, Motley Crue probably saw that as a good opportunity for publicity and it all went from there. :lol:

From the GnR history section by @SoulMonster at a4d:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4988-10-1989-things-unravel

vince_10.jpg
vince_11.jpg
vince_12.jpg
vince_13.jpg
vince_14.jpg
vince_15.jpg

vince_16.jpg

vince_17.jpg
vince_18.jpg
vince_19.jpg
vince_21.jpg
vince_20.jpg
vince_22.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

So Axl didn't want to get in the ring with Vince because Axl would "shoot him in the fuckin head."😄 I guess he was going to bring his firearm into the ring with him.

Yeah, that's an expression he had used about Bob Guccione Jr., too (metaphorically, I guess :lol:)

Axl: [...] And so there’s a lot of people that say, “Oh, Axl Rose has wimped out and didn’t want to get in the ring.” Honey, I won’t put on no boxing gloves, I’ll have you shot in the fucking head. Then again, I’ve got such a big mouth. You might not know this, but, you know, there was some people out there who got really upset about Get in the Ring, so they hired some people to shoot me and it didn’t work in L.A. That’s a real pussy approach, I think. If you wanna get in the ring with me, you bring two things: you bring some integrity and you bring some respect. And Bob Guccione and Circus Magazine, you don’t fucking have any. [...] 

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1868-1991-12-09-madison-square-garden-new-york-usa#13484

• Like 1
  • Haha 2