Axl and slash signatures, real or fake?

carsonskitz

I’ve been collecting GNR memrobillia for nearly 30 yrs. I’ve met Slash, Duff , Gilby , Steven Adler and Dizzy reed on multiple occasions , had multiple things signed thru the years and I can put my hand on my heart and say both signatures are defiently fake. Slashs signature is way to loopy , the “a” in Slashs signature always stands out and Axl has a very distinctive neat signature , even if rushed . Both fake. Happy to discuss more if required.

Fake. Unfortunately, the picture that user "Sweersa" posted also contains forgeries. Most COA's are fake, and printed in someone's basement. Even reputable third party authenticators get it wrong. I got burned on a fake set of sigs years back. I have done a lot of research since then.

Edited by DMM
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Axl's in the linked video is definitely fake. I saw a live video where he signed a guitar for a Fan and his signature looked a LOT more sophisticated than the chicken scratch signature in the linked photo. 

Edit. Looked up said video. Turns out, Axl's signature in the live video doesn't look nearly as sophisticated as I remember and does look kind of chicken scratch. So now I'm not so sure.

Edited by Karice

On 2/8/2021 at 10:19 AM, carsonskitz said:

Does anyone know if this is legit? 

https://ibb.co/ZJV8w3K

I don't think these are forged. They look right for in-person examples for each of them. That said, there are lots of people on eBay and elsewhere who sell printed copies and try to pass them off as originals. So if you can, make sure that's live ink you're dealing with and not a print.

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2022 at 2:00 AM, Leftfoot said:

I am trying to post a picture of a glove from a 1992 concert in Columbia SC. 
On the subject of real or fake. 
new to this forum. 
thanks for any help. 
having trouble with the insert image from URL

ideas??

I really would like to see the picture.  Also have a signed glove from that era. Unfortunatly the autographs are nearly faded

On 10/26/2022 at 4:08 PM, werner said:

I really would like to see the picture.  Also have a signed glove from that era. Unfortunatly the autographs are nearly faded

I can send you an email if you want with a picture. Interesting you have one also. Mine looks like the day a caught it in Columbia SC. 
my email is sg20rocks@yahoo.com

look forward to hearing from you

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...