Food banks

spunko12345

Yeah, when covid first started and many people were out of work, many places in Texas opened up more food banks to deliver food to families. Texas schools give all the kids free breakfast and lunch and some even dinner.

Now with inflation it's even worse. i tell you many people down here open their hearts and wallets to help those in need.  I do thank them for that.

We live in very tough times even with more people working. Food prices are very high.

2 hours ago, ssiscool said:

It's terrible that they're needed. But some people unfortunately do need them. I'm fortunate in that I've not needed their support but I do always try to put something in once a week if I can. 

I do the same. I think it's good that they have them in supermarkets, I recently found out that many churches had them years before they were commonplace but as I never go to church I couldn't donate. 

On 5/12/2022 at 9:56 PM, janrichmond said:

They have been around for years and sadly some people really need that help

That's exactly my point Jan . Extra stuff in my shopping is done gladly with no qualms whatsoever. But why is that needed? The collapse of the welfare state where everyone is looked after no matter what there means. 

1 minute ago, spunko12345 said:

That's exactly my point Jan . Extra stuff in my shopping is done gladly with no qualms whatsoever. But why is that needed? The collapse of the welfare state where everyone is looked after no matter what there means. 

It's cos cunts like Rees Mogg think they're "uplifting" or like that other cunt think that it's just cos people don't know how to cook. 

Because in 2010, the people of England decided that the Conservative party were somehow worthy of becoming the government of the United Kingdom, led by members of a rapacious upper class who were born into circumstances of tremendous asset wealth and social capital, but decided to blame the failings of their peers in the banking sector in 2008 on poor people not working hard enough. Enough of the electorate of middle England have lapped it up ever since that the government has only become more right wing, the safety nets have been covertly and overtly eroded and food bank use, which was practically unheard of before the Tories got into office, has skyrocketed.

Sorry if this comes across like I'm bitter towards England, I get that there are plenty of you who've been against this from the start, but it's just frustrating coming from a place where the Tories haven't won a single election in 70 years, still having them foisted upon you because enough of your neighbours inexplicably find them acceptable.

Edited by Graeme
  • Like 2