Favorite Guns N'Roses songs? :D

Been listening to GNR for so long that I'm honestly a bit bored of their old songs. Currently I enjoy Hard Skool and Absurd the most by far. Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps and State of Grace give me joy as well.

The old stuff is obviously great music, but I've heard those songs so many times, that I can't get myself excited about them at the moment.

• Like 2

Quite a lot of Fans in this thread seem to like GNR slow and melancholy songs such as November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry. I tend to like the faster, get up and jam type of songs such as Paradise City, Welcome To The Jungle, Perfect Crime, Shadow Of Your Love. 😀

• Like 1

Lately I’ve unironically been listening to Scraped. I collect records and thought it was a shame I didn’t have CD on vinyl so I found it on eBay (somewhat pricey but hey, it still had its Best Buy wrapping). Never really got into that song too much but i find it interesting. I’ve definitely played Side A of the second half of the album (Scraped, Riad, Sorry, I.R.S.) more than the rest. The compression sounds nice on vinyl. I’ve always liked the way the Village album sounded more but having this one in hi-def makes it sound so crisp 

Anyway scraped reminds me a lot of “Quick Song”, and just that hard rock sound that was lacking heavily on the album.  I would take an album of songs more like the 3rd quarter of the album. 

On top of that, he sounded awesome on it. If that was single in 2006 while they toured North America, I think those would’ve been the anthems and a cool comeback 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, star said:

Nightrain..

When i am all boozed up this is my go-to track :D

There's a song for every occasion. I had a plane journey today, I don't mind cruising and landing but I don't like take offs so I always choose one of the epic long songs which if I start when we are going down the runway usually lasts until the seatbelt light goes off. Today it was Rocket Queen. I turn the volume up to drown out plane sounds and think about how many take offs all members of GNR past and present must have done. :lol:

• Haha 1

Patience, Estranged, Think about you, Nightrain  and Nov. Rain.

Of Chi.Dem I am only interested in Better.
Personally, I am among those who consider Chi.Dem an Axl's solo project.
If you ask me, they are not GnR without Axl, Slash and Duff.

November Rain                    

Estranged                                            

Sorry                                                           

You Could Be Mine                                                              

SCOM

Honorable Mention: Oh My God, Civil War, Better (DJ Ashba version)

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

On 8/28/2022 at 6:36 PM, klakly said:

Patience, Estranged, Think about you, Nightrain  and Nov. Rain.

Of Chi.Dem I am only interested in Better.
Personally, I am among those who consider Chi.Dem an Axl's solo project.
If you ask me, they are not GnR without Axl, Slash and Duff.

And Steven and Izzy too! 😏 Speaking of Izzy and Steven, I'm surprised Izzy and Steven didn't go make their own Duo Group. Steven on drums, Izzy singing. Could be interesting. 🤔☺️

2 minutes ago, Karice said:

E anche Steven e Izzy! 😏 Parlando di Izzy e Steven, sono sorpreso che Izzy e Steven non siano andati a creare il loro gruppo di duo. Steven alla batteria, Izzy che canta. Potrebbe essere interessante. 🤔 ☺️

Personally, I was also fine in the Illusions era with Matt and Gilby.