Sorry - a song against Narcissism

It's funny how all the responses to this song are so diverse; I'm guessing that this song really depends on how much one may relate to it personally. For some it has no meaning or element that they feel any relevance to; for others it seems to be a masterpiece, a gem to which they feel sincere coherence. What this genuinely seems to be singing about is opposition to Narcissism & anyone who has undergone the hostility of another person's Narcissism will easily comprehend & appreciate this song. All in all however, I think that it truly is a jewel with a lot of sentiment to it & definitely the better side of Axl's musical creativity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LunsJail said:

Disagree. You could make a better argument that the one who wrote lyrics like these was the narcissist. “You like to hurt me, you know that you do.” - narcissists think everything someone might do is about them

That, we will never know unless Axl or Slash was to officially address whatever the matter was about; we never did get a proper announcement & I doubt we ever will. So one can really look at it from both perspectives; whether it is against Narcissism or whether it is the Narcissist themselves telling the story. 

6 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

How does it differ? 

Obviously, it is instrumental so you get to hear what perhaps Axl heard when he started to develop the lyrics and vocal melody, and already in this early version, or even more so, it is a song that is fairly calm during what would be the verses and then monumental as the chorus part comes in with lots of power chords. This shift between verse and chorus is more pronounced in the instrumental.

21 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Obviously, it is instrumental so you get to hear what perhaps Axl heard when he started to develop the lyrics and vocal melody, and already in this early version, or even more so, it is a song that is fairly calm during what would be the verses and then monumental as the chorus part comes in with lots of power chords. This shift between verse and chorus is more pronounced in the instrumental.

Yeah I found the village leaks highlighting the fact CD should have come out years earlier than what it did. And some songs like CD, the blues, catcher, prostitute, sounding better than on the finished product 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 10:08 PM, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I think the accent on "don't what to do it" is a clear reference to a smart ass who said that statement to Axl like that in the past.  I'm surprised more people don't think along that line.  It make sense to me.  In my mind it's "this is how you like to act, right?" sort of line to some specific person

This makes the most sense as it is Axl using one of his sarcastic, mocking voices he has used in concerts during rants he's made about people being asses/saying dumb things to him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Sabastian sings harmony on it? I did not know that.

Do you or anyone else know if there's any other guests on the album?

I like Sorry and pretty much all the other tracks. It's just the overproduction that bothers me. Hopefully we get a CD remaster.

yeah Bach is on Sorry. iirc, Axl played him shit from Chinese and he just started singing a melody on top of the recorded Axl vocals and Axl loved it. I remember being not on board when we first heard that Bach is going to be on the album but I think it's a cool addition that makes it a better song. He does have a pretty good ear and their singing voices work well together imo.