Chinese Democracy 2 - Songlist

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

MSL is a guy known for, and bragging about, elaborating on pieces of actual information he had to make it seem like he had more, to get trades happening. I don't trust ANYTHING that came from him. It was his modus operandi when scamming traders. The list, if it really came from him, could contain a few real songs he had info on, and then be populated with bogus titles.

Christ, haven't heard that name in years.  Ah, the days of drama and Dr. Pepper.

• Like 1

The General 

Going Down

Monstrosity

Nothing

Seven

Atlas

Perhaps

Thyme

Soul Monster

Oklahoma/Berlin

Cuban Skies

Omg

Hard Skool

Absurd

State of Grace

Add to that any songs alá Scrapped that we don't know about. There's more than enough for an album. Not that we'll ever see an album of course. 

Edited by rumandraisin

12 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Perhaps and Nothing leaking in 2019 confirmed that list was legit

No, the fact that some of the songs on the list has later been proven to be genuine songs, doesn't make the entire list legit. That's was my point, the MO of guys like MSL was to use some genuine info/song they had somehow got their hands on, then add fake titles to it to make it seems like they had a lot more, and then trade it for more real stuff. MSL talked in detail about how he was doing this to gradually get more and more unreleased material.  In fact, it was the very logical fallacy of people looking at such lists and seeing some names that they knew were genuine and jumping to the conclusion that it was all genuine, that allowed guys like MSL to scam hoarders. He exploited that brainfart for all it was worth.

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

The General 

Going Down

Monstrosity

Nothing

Seven

Atlas

Perhaps

Thyme

Soul Monster

Oklahoma/Berlin

Cuban Skies

Omg

Hard Skool

Absurd

State of Grace

Add to that any songs alá Scrapped that we don't know about. There's more than enough for an album. Not that we'll ever see an album of course. 

also Down By The Ocean. In addition, you don't know that we'll never see an album of course. There are a lot of possible scenarios in which Gn'R doesn't even need to be active anymore and Axl would still have the option to release already completed material.

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

No, the fact that some of the songs on the list has later been proven to be genuine songs, doesn't make the entire list legit. That's was my point, the MO of guys like MSL was to use some genuine info/song they had somehow got their hands on, then add fake titles to it to make it seems like they had a lot more, and then trade it for more real stuff. MSL talked in detail about how he was doing this to gradually get more and more unreleased material.  In fact, it was the very logical fallacy of people looking at such lists and seeing some names that they knew were genuine and jumping to the conclusion that it was all genuine, that allowed guys like MSL to scam hoarders. He exploited that brainfart for all it was worth.

Some privileged folks had access to that list in 2011, at the latest. It and the other "MSL documents" are very real.

I don't believe MSL had the tracks he mentioned in that video, but he wanted people to believe that. He used that list to drop names only a few would know, to get their interest in potential trades. 

20 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Some privileged folks had access to that list in 2011, at the latest. It and the other "MSL documents" are very real.

I don't believe MSL had the tracks he mentioned in that video, but he wanted people to believe that. He used that list to drop names only a few would know, to get their interest in potential trades. 

I believe the only actual song on that usb stick was an mp3 of Better Gone. All others were a just a list of titles. 

If I recall right this is also where the name Honour Among Thieves 2 came from with at least a rough chapter of the book supposedly being on there. Among with emails about pay & the notion of suing DJ Ashba for something or other.

4 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I believe the only actual song on that usb stick was an mp3 of Better Gone. All others were a just a list of titles. 

If I recall right this is also where the name Honour Among Thieves 2 came from with at least a rough chapter of the book supposedly being on there. Among with emails about pay & the notion of suing DJ Ashba for something or other.

I believe you are correct. There were a ton of emails, some with various PDFs, and some Office files. 

16 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I believe you are correct. There were a ton of emails, some with various PDFs, and some Office files. 

I seem to recall hearing something along the lines of

"If a giant meteor were hurtling to earth and the world were to end, only then could you ask me to reform with the old band...The answer would still be no."

On 1/25/2023 at 12:58 PM, SoulMonster said:

I don't trust ANYTHING that came from him.

This. The guy is absolutely one of the least trustworthy people in GnR fandom and has been for 15+ years now. That doesn't mean he doesn't know or maybe even has (or had) things. He might. And he certainly wants people to believe so and love the attentionwhoring. 

11 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think oh my god was Intended to be released a 2nd time. I still think Axl will try release it again... If he ever gets around to releasing the rest of his tracks 

what makes you think that? I ask just cause he said that the updated version wasn't taken that seriously or something like that? he could still bring it back for a live performance and have no interest in rereleasing it.

Edited by Rovim

I think at this point GNR's strategy is to release a new song every now and then. And by new I mean old, but previously unreleased. So if they have reworked OMG, I think it is very likely that it will be released. After all, it was already on setlists and was rehearsed at the soundcheck.

38 minutes ago, Rovim said:

what makes you think that? I ask just cause he said that the updated version wasn't taken that seriously or something like that? he could still bring it back for a live performance and have no interest in rereleasing it.

Well because it has made several setlists in the alt section. He went to the trouble of re-recording it and he specifically talked about it in those chats. I don't think he was just messing around when he changed the guitars and chorus on the song, that to me suggests wanting to use the song again beyond just a live track

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Axl mentioned there is a remix with lots of new vocals and a wilder guitar intro (or similar). This description doesn't match the leaked version with Bucket and Bumble on guitars. The CD2 list has "OMG2"

I'm of the opinion there's the remix Axl mentioned, and also an updated version that is close to the one the leaked with most of the guitar in one channel (Bumblefoot)

I hope we hear both one day, preferably one or both with Bucket.